Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Amazon, anyone?
07-06-2015, 12:12 AM
Amazon, anyone?
I make frequent purchases at Amazon. I wouldn't mind going in via a TMC link, if you've ever thought of adding one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: Amazon, anyone?
Presumably you are suggesting this as a way to raise money for TMC. I usually order once a month and would do the same..
07-06-2015, 09:55 AM
How does one go about doing this. I have no interest in raising money for TMC, I want it to remain simple and ad free. If it gets you a discount, tell me how to do it.
07-06-2015, 10:15 AM
It would get you a kickback. And they will probably 10-99 you BTW. But it's easy to set up.

"It's easy to advertise Amazon products by building links and banners. When you add these links and banners to your web page and visitors click on them from your page, you can earn up to 10% on all purchases made during their shopping session."

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/...links.html

I don't think the kickback is always 10%, that depends on the category of item and how it is purchased. But if people go into amazon through an affiliate link/banner placed here then everything in their cart would generate the kickback.
08-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Quote:Note: Residents of Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri, Rhode Island, or Vermont are not eligible to participate in the Associates program.
08-04-2015, 04:31 PM
I contacted Amazon and this was their response.

Quote:Jessica:Because you're located in Maine, we're unable to accept your application to join the Associates Program because of unconstitutional legislation enacted in your state. While we oppose this unconstitutional state legislation, we strongly support the federal Marketplace Fairness Act now pending before Congress, which would create a simplified, constitutional framework to resolve interstate sales tax issues and would allow us to re-open our Associates program to Maine residents.
08-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Bob??? who's Jessica?
08-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Jessica was the one who responded to my questions.