Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Donald
06-21-2015, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2015 12:48 PM by Mike G.)
The Donald
http://buchanan.org/blog/the-anti-politician-16164

Though he has been a hugely successful builder-businessman, far more successful than, say, Carly Fiorina, who has been received respectfully, our resident elites resolutely refuse to take Trump seriously.

They should. Not because he will be nominated, but because the Trump constituency will represent a vote of no confidence in the Beltway ruling class of politicians and press.

[/i]Votes for Trump will be votes to repudiate that class, whole and entire, and dump it onto the ash heap of history.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015...pre/print/

[i]The Trump campaign outlined the accusations in an afternoon email blast, saying David McIntosh, the group's president, had a 30-minute meeting with Mr. Trump in late May and followed up the visit with a written request asking the New York real estate mogul to consider contributing $1 million to the influential anti-spending group.

Mr. Trump did not give money, and Mr. McIntosh showered him with criticism this week after he entered the Republican nomination race. He said Mr. Trump "should not be taken seriously" and "many of his propositions make him better suited to take on Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: The Donald
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015...09570.html

In an interview with the On Media blog on Thursday, Trump accused Univision of capitulating to pressure "put on them by various sources in Mexico."

It is good that Donald is running. this is good theatre, and has about as much relevance as voting for any R vs D charade.
06-28-2015, 05:33 AM
I would vote for Donald in the general, I will not vote for Jeb and company.
06-30-2015, 02:28 PM
If the Donald makes it to the general election, he will have my vote. In the primary I am supporting Ted Cruz. Personal preferences include: Cruz, Walker, Trump, Carson, Fiorna.
06-30-2015, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 03:27 PM by taxfoe.)
It can't be easy being candidate Trump. He is so refreshingly off the wall and so far above political correctness, I have a hard time guessing whether or not to take him seriously. I have never watched even a little of any TV he has produced/appeared in thus this is all new to me.

I'd love to see him take on the media . . they'll never get behind him (without a shank) and his skeletons are going to be unearthed no matter what he says, so he might as well expose them as the theater puppets they are.

I can live with Dale's list. If I have to keep it at 5, I might substitute Rand for Ted but, in my view, neither has done much to distinguish themselves, so far. I'd also like to see one or more governors start pushing the others out of the way.

Except Huckabee . . and Jeb . .

and Christy Christie . . fat chance.
06-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Walker is my first choice, then Trump, Fiorina, Carson. There is something about Cruz that I d not like, not sure what it is but it is there. And Paul is ok, as for the rest if any are nominated I will write in Walker
07-01-2015, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 12:23 PM by Mike G.)
A petition on MoveOn.org calling for Macy's department stores to drop the presidential hopeful's merchandise, which includes among other things, piñatas, had gathered close to a million signatures by Tuesday afternoon.

NBC dumps Miss America http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertain...-post.html

Trump has the right enemies.

Invariably the corporate media is and has been propaganda for the government and one-worlders. They are the true enemies of America. That is why they hate the internet and wish to control the content and us.
07-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Per the Howie Carr Show today, Trump's clothing products were dumped by Macy's Department Stores today. Many callers were displeased with Macy's and pleased with Trump.

There is an old adage that all publicity is good publicity. If so, Trump is winning in the publicity game.
07-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Fox radio prefaced it's Macy's report by stating 'Trump was losing more of his support . . '

There was a Macy's store in the Maine Mall during the years I visited the mall . . maybe twice? I was a Levinsky's, Beans and Benoit's snob. I can't state emphatically that I've never been inside a Macy's but I'm quite sure I never bought anything.

Macy's Trump dump has not shaken my enthusiasm for The Donald.
07-01-2015, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 01:49 PM by Mike G.)
I'd say that Macy's boycott is meaningless it is a knee-jerk by boomer know--nothings, whose of those that might consume their product, who is going to consume Macy's product?

I need a piñata quick. Do you have a Chinese produced neck tie?

For the short term maybe, silver last I saw was at 15.8, buy it in coin at 19 there a bout