• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Constitutional carry
10-31-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: Constitutional carry
http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/do...yoflaw.pdf

This was taken at the signing ceremony:

[Image: ConstitutionalCarry-LD652-Signing-20150708.jpg]

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

"As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist." - Sitting Bull

*All posts reflect my personal views, not necessarily those of any organizations with which I am affiliated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Both my son and I have personally expressed our thanks to Bigshooter for his intensive work in our behalf. Maine needs more good citizens like that who are NOT afraid to get involved.

WC
Find all posts by this user
11-03-2015, 08:10 PM
We should give credit to Brakey, that little shit above LePage, who had some balls to introduce such a bill. Only a Paultard could get away with such stuff. Some good came out of it.
02-24-2016, 11:22 AM
I don’t read the papers so maybe someone knows these answers. How many days has it been now that Mainers have been carrying concealed without a permit? What horrendous calamities have fallen on the state as a result? Has anyone written about the positive or negative results?
01-04-2017, 08:37 PM
(02-24-2016 11:22 AM)Maine Democrat Wrote:  I don’t read the papers so maybe someone knows these answers. How many days has it been now that Mainers have been carrying concealed without a permit? What horrendous calamities have fallen on the state as a result? Has anyone written about the positive or negative results?

I heard on the radio this morning that murders in Maine were 50% less in 2016 than occured in 2015. I don't think there was any speculation as to how murders were cut in half in one year. Could it be that anyone may be carrying personal protection? I understand that armed citizens stopped a crime in a shopping center parking lot. Maybe constitutional carry should be tried in Chicago to see how it affects violent crime. It couldn't get much worse there.
01-12-2017, 08:55 AM
I normally don't carry although I have always renewed my permit in days gone by. Potential criminals don't know who is and who isn't armed making their job risky.

Since there are armed people salted throughout, everyone doesn't have to be armed all the time.
I know this isn't the ideal way of looking at it but it is kind of a treat not to have to lug a sword around everywhere you go.

Of course, that view is subject to change if required.
01-12-2017, 01:37 PM
(01-12-2017 08:55 AM)KennyRoberts Wrote:  I normally don't carry although I have always renewed my permit in days gone by. Potential criminals don't know who is and who isn't armed making their job risky.

Since there are armed people salted throughout, everyone doesn't have to be armed all the time.
I know this isn't the ideal way of looking at it but it is kind of a treat not to have to lug a sword around everywhere you go.

Of course, that view is subject to change if required.
Kenny, better to have it with you (on you) and not need it then to need it and not have it with you. The Boy Scout Motto is "Be Prepared."
01-12-2017, 03:10 PM
As we say. better to be looking at it than for it...