Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CD 2 candidates
01-11-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: CD 2 candidates
Has anyone else found it odd that in the last FEC filing, Bruce Poliquin reported only 11 out of 103 donors with addresses in the 2nd CD?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 08:50 PM
I no longer find anything 'odd'.
01-12-2014, 08:48 AM
I got this email from Blaine Richardson's campaign last night, thought it is interesting enough to share here:

Richardson for US Congress to accept Bitcoin donations

January 11th, 2014

Belfast,Me-Blaine Richardson, Captain USNR-R and candidate for the United States Congress in Maine's Second District has announced that his campaign will now accept Bitcoin as donations thru his campaign website.

"I am very excited to let folks know that they can donate to my campaign for Congress using Bitcoin," said Richardson.

"This is another wonderful merger of traditional political practices with modern technology. I truly believe that every time my campaign for Congress embraces technology that no other congressional campaign in Maine's political history has ever used it fully gives my campaign the cutting edge in the race for Congress in Maine's Second District."

If you would like to make a donation to the Blaine Richardson for US Congress using Bitcoin go to http://www.blaineforuscongress.com and scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see the "Donate Bitcoins" button.

Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer payment system and digital currency. It has no connections to a central bank or to the Federal Reserve.

Established in New England in the Year of our Lord 1648.
01-13-2014, 09:28 AM
It's nice to accept bitcoins. The problem will be to find a printer of bumper stickers or campaign signs who will take bitcoins.
01-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Overstock.com now accepts Bitcoins. He could buy campaign supplies thru them I suppose.

01-19-2014, 01:38 PM
This is from Blaine Richardson's campaign Facebook page:

Blaine Richardson for US Congress has scheduled a major campaign announcement for Monday January 20th, 2014.

The campaign announcement will be released first thru the campaign app on Google Plus at 6:50 AM.

At 7:00 AM Blaine will be delivering the campaign announcement on The Ray Richardson show on WLOB 1310 AM (Portland) and 1340 AM (Bangor).

At 7:30 AM Blaine will be delivering the campaign announcement on the George Hale / Ric Tyler show on WVOM 103.9 (Bangor) and 101.3 (Augusta).

If you would like to download the campaign app on Google Plus you can install it using this link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...a145fe.app

Any thoughts?