Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CD 2 candidates
01-06-2014, 03:47 PM
CD 2 candidates
When it comes to the CD 2 race, I know it's not going to be very popular of me, but I am supporting Blaine Richardson.

I know he doesn't have much money, I know he doesn't have the name recognition, but as a matter of principle I don't see a better candidate.

I know probably none of them can beat Emily Cain, but as a matter of principle my support can only go to the retired USN Captain.

What are you thoughts?

Established in New England in the Year of our Lord 1648.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: CD 2 candidates
I like Richardson, I like Poliquin. Huh
01-06-2014, 08:07 PM
The only choice intelligent Republicans have is Richardson or Poliquin.
Kevin Raye has prove time-and-again that he is Olympia-Lite. And he slapped Governor LePage in the face by giving a job to GOP-traitor Mark Ellis* when he became Senate President. Raye is Establishment rehash without a backbone. If he becomes the nominee, expect even more Republicans to leave the 2nd CD blank rather than to cast a vote for him. And many loyal GOP activists will find other campaigns to lend their shoe-leather or give donations rather than to further Raye's Bland Ambition.

* For those who forgot, Ellis is an overly-ambitious political operative who always worked campaigns looking for his next job. He backed Steve Abbott in the 2010 GOP primary and, when Abbott lost, publicly ridiculed GOP nominee Paul LePage and went to work for an independent candidate. Yet, rather to keep him the party pariah he deserved to become, Raye appointed Ellis to a state job in the Senate President's office (while many loyal GOP operatives did not get jobs). That's when Raye proved that he is not a principled Republican but another political hack whoring to the Establishment. You can't trust him in the Halls of Congress, especially with Olympia living just across town to whisper in his ear.
01-06-2014, 08:22 PM
I am afraid that Richardson may take votes from Poliquin, thus giving us Kevin Raye in the general.
01-06-2014, 08:23 PM
(01-06-2014 08:22 PM)Bob Wrote:  I am afraid that Richardson may take votes from Poliquin, thus giving us Kevin Raye in the general.

In which event we will watch Emily Cain take the oath of office.
01-06-2014, 08:39 PM
That's what I am afraid of Howard. Sad
01-07-2014, 08:03 AM
(01-06-2014 08:23 PM)Howard Roark Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 08:22 PM)Bob Wrote:  I am afraid that Richardson may take votes from Poliquin, thus giving us Kevin Raye in the general.

In which event we will watch Emily Cain take the oath of office.

I don't know that any of the GOP guys can beat Emily Cain.

I hate to sound negative, but with the Governor wining his election with about 39% of the vote, at best the GOP might get 43% of the vote in the CD 2 race.

Established in New England in the Year of our Lord 1648.
01-10-2014, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 03:36 PM by Mike G.)
Well Richardson was in it first, so I'd say Poliquin may take votes away from Blaine.

Poliquin should have gone after Collins seat after seeing that Blaine was running for House.

What the hell was Poliquin thinking when he jumped into the 2nd race, I'm going to give Raye another shot at it?

But no one apparently other than some guy from Portland had the cohones to run against Ms Blueberry Pie.
01-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Good point Mike, I would have had no problem voting for Poliquin over Collins, now I just get to leave it blank or vote for Bellows.
01-10-2014, 05:23 PM
(01-10-2014 04:33 PM)Islander Wrote:  Good point Mike, I would have had no problem voting for Poliquin over Collins, now I just get to leave it blank or vote for Bellows.

There are 2 elections.

A primary and a general.

If you were voting for Poliquin over Collins, you would be doing that in a primary.

Erick Bennett is running against Collins in the primary. So, your choices would be Bennett or Collins.

In the general, the winner of the Bennett / Collins race takes on Bellows.