Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shenna Bellows
01-09-2014, 08:20 AM
RE: Shenna Bellows
I spoke with Shenna yesterday and she believes that the individual mandates of Obamacare need to be repealed. This is better than anything Collins has said so far.

Established in New England in the Year of our Lord 1648.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Did you ask her what she is willing to do about it if elected?

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
And do you trust what she says.

I don't.
01-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Congregational Minister: For her to say she believes something should be done is not a sign that she would do it. All candidates ply political pandering in their campaigns. Few follow-up once in office.

A better statement from her --- recorded on the record for documentation (an "I spoke to her yesterday" posting would not suffice) --- would be to hear her say that she would be willing to go to the House floor and fight Democrat leaders and the party caucus to achieve changes. I doubt she would do that on issues like individual mandates, although she might on an esoteric ACLU issue, which does not shrink government or lower taxes.

Still not enough evidence to win my vote.
01-09-2014, 10:49 AM
(01-09-2014 08:20 AM)Congregational_Minister_ Wrote:  I spoke with Shenna yesterday and she believes that the individual mandates of Obamacare need to be repealed. This is better than anything Collins has said so far.

Fact: Collins voted against Obamacare
Fact: Collins has voted to repeal Obamacare

Question: Would Bellows have voted for Obamacare?
Question: Would Bellows vote to repeal Obamacare?
Question: Does Bellows concede that the individual mandate is only one example among many of the law's encroachment on the liberties of Americans? Is her view on this matter consistent with her professed devotion to liberty?
01-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Bellows would vote to repeal Obamacare as it now stands.

Established in New England in the Year of our Lord 1648.
01-09-2014, 01:12 PM
(01-09-2014 12:40 PM)Congregational_Minister_ Wrote:  Bellows would vote to repeal Obamacare as it now stands.

I do not know who you are "Congregational Minister" but your word is not enough. Please post her public record statements if you want us to swallow it. Without documentation I am skeptical.
01-09-2014, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 03:22 PM by Islander.)
Easy votes for Collins, she knew that there was not a chance of repeal and her no vote was just as symbolic, keep trying though.
Where does she stand on amnesty? Raising the debt ceiling? Global warming?
She is not to be trusted
Of course Bellows wants it released, she wants the holy grail of the control freaks, single payer.
01-10-2014, 04:41 PM
What doesn't Shenna understand about Obama's policies, that she would vote for him again in 2012 and worse admit it, as a badge of stupidity, all for gay rights, what? What did Bellows NOT understand from Obama's first term?

I'd say she probably voted for him as the less of two evils. Therein lies the problem with voting for her. She has proven herself to be an unprincipled voter, will she change once in DC?

She can tell us she wants to repeal the Patriot Act and maybe she will but there are more issues than that, her discussion of unemployment extension shows her willingness to spend on welfare. She qualifies it by saying she would cut other areas, the military, but she will, when push come to shove, borrow more for welfare and all the government agencies, while the military/security budget remains uncut. DC will march on over the financial cliff.

The choice between Collins and Bellows? I want a real choice please, another menu, anyone?
01-10-2014, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 04:51 PM by f220.)
(01-10-2014 04:41 PM)Mike G Wrote:  What doesn't Shenna understand about Obama's policies, that she would vote for him again in 2012 and worse admit it, as a badge of stupidity, all for gay rights, what? What did Bellows NOT understand from Obama's first term?

I'd say she probably voted for him as the less of two evils. Therein lies the problem with voting for her. She has proven herself to be an unprincipled voter, will she change once in DC?

She can tell us she wants to repeal the Patriot Act and maybe she will but there are more issues than that, her discussion of unemployment extension shows her willingness to spend on welfare. She qualifies it by saying she would cut other areas, the military, but she will, when push come to shove, borrow more for welfare and all the government agencies, while the military/security budget remains uncut. DC will march on over the financial cliff.

The choice between Collins and Bellows? I want a real choice please, another menu, anyone?

GOP Primary is where you get your choice.

The point behind voting for Bellows is to remove Collins. Not because a Democrat will be clearly better on all things than Collins.

Every general election for US Senate we want a good choice. Collins isn't it, and it's extremely unlikely to be a Dem.

If Collins and Snowe and the other RINOs are gone, in the future, the GOP candidate will be a good one, who is clearly superior to the D in every way.

Erick Bennett would be the good choice, or others if they join the race.