Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shenna Bellows
01-06-2014, 07:52 PM
RE: Shenna Bellows
I still want to be convinced that she will vote for smaller government and lower taxes as well as for individual liberty. I am not convinced.

Right now she strikes me as another Dennis Kucinich or Bernie Saunders, not a good alternative to Collins (whom I would love to see replaced). Prove me wrong or I shall continue to speak out against Bellows.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Thanks for posting the interview, Bob.

She has a real shot for a couple of reasons. All incumbents are going to be called to account for the miserable state of the national condition. Suzie has her cute, little, dirty girl hands on all of it.

Democrats are strong in Maine and Bellows will appeal to Is, Maine's majority party and Ds. Agnes got elected because he sailed under the I flag and spoke fluent D.

Bellows tested positive for Libertarian, Constitution, Rand Paul, 4th Amendment, national debt and Obama wrong on wars, global policing and the Patriot Act/NSA. That matters to R's and, especially, to genuine conservatives.

She could be the first un-Palin candidate (not Palin's fault). Palin was announced and the C/R world rocked. Limbaugh: We got the babe!

But the handlers got their hands on her and her first official words were 'J McBlah this and J McLose that . . ' and her luster was lost. The McCain campaign didn't get that we wanted Palin or that it was Palin who'd make the difference. Not 'McCain's cheerleader'.
01-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Need proof of how far left Bellows basic views really are?

Bellows said Monday that she won’t take any PAC money from fossil fuel groups, because of her focus on addressing climate change, or large banking organizations, who she said contributed to the financial meltdown of 2008.

http://stateandcapitol.bangordailynews.c...war-chest/

So now we know how she would vote on the global warming hoax and how anti-business she leans.

I loved her civil liberties record but that isn't enough to cast a vote when she slaps down my other core beliefs in small government and lower taxes.
01-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Any Democrat whose agenda includes "economic fairness" is going to vote for more government control over the economy, business, and industry; Shenna Bellows is no different. This posture exposes the inconsistency of her liberty agenda. Every American is affected by Uncle Sam's attempts to steer the economy and decide how to divide up the pie baked by the private economy. Why doesn't she care about that sort of usurpation of our rights?
01-07-2014, 11:00 AM
The same reason Collins doesn't, control, power etc
01-07-2014, 11:21 AM
But at least Collins didn't vote for Obamacare.
Bellows would have.
01-07-2014, 12:43 PM
No Collins voted it out of closure, then voted against it thereby covering her ass. Now if she had not voted it out of closure then we would not have Obamacare. it is how she works. Bellows also would have voted it out of closure thus giving us Obamacare, no difference except in the slight of hand of backstabbing Collins. How many of us begged her not to vote it out of closure, we knew full well what the outcome would be. So still no difference in the two, IMO.
01-07-2014, 12:45 PM
(01-07-2014 12:43 PM)Islander Wrote:  No Collins voted it out of closure, then voted against it thereby covering her ass. Now if she had not voted it out of closure then we would not have Obamacare. it is how she works. Bellows also would have voted it out of closure thus giving us Obamacare, no difference except in the slight of hand of backstabbing Collins. How many of us begged her not to vote it out of closure, we knew full well what the outcome would be. So still no difference in the two, IMO.

Exactly. The memory of so many people is short and they seem to forget this little tidbit of history.
01-07-2014, 02:27 PM
(01-07-2014 12:43 PM)Islander Wrote:  No Collins voted it out of closure, then voted against it thereby covering her ass. Now if she had not voted it out of closure then we would not have Obamacare. it is how she works. Bellows also would have voted it out of closure thus giving us Obamacare, no difference except in the slight of hand of backstabbing Collins. How many of us begged her not to vote it out of closure, we knew full well what the outcome would be. So still no difference in the two, IMO.

Are you sure?

I thought that Snowe was the one who voted it back in 2009.
01-07-2014, 02:32 PM
What are you talking about?
Obamacare did not pass because of a cloture vote.
After Scott Brown's election, the Dems used reconciliation to pass it - meaning they didn't need 60 votes, which they could not get.
Collins had nothing to do with it.

Maybe you are referring to Olympia Snowe's vote to bring it out of committee, on the understanding the Rs would be able to offer amendments.
Her vote was of no practical effect because the Ds had the votes to bring it out of committee without her anyway, and because Harry Reid refused to allow the Rs to offer amendments. Her vote had great political effect though because it allowed all of us to say she voted for it (before she voted against it).
Collins was not on that committee and did not vote for the bill.