Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Maine Media Just Changed with Whit Richardson's Payday At The Mill
04-20-2015, 07:48 AM
The Maine Media Just Changed with Whit Richardson's Payday At The Mill
I have been saying for a long time that nothing will change in Maine until the media changes- Looks like Mr Whitman just changed it- at the Portland Press Herald no less- with a promise at the end that more is coming next week. This is very good news for Maine. I have been writing about the refundable tax credit for a while but my microphone is a little tiny whisper compared to Mr Whitman's microphone. This is a major media break through Pay Day At The Mill

This is a story about how a group of out of state investors wrote the legislation them selves with the promise that they would invest and then took advantage of Maine's refundable tax credit to legally rip the Maine taxpayers off for 16 million dollars.

I have been writing about the refundable tax credit for a long time most recently updating my post written at the time the "Expanded and Improved Seed Capital Tax Credit" was passed unaminously by the legislature in 2013 Big Money, Redistributed Wealth and Legal Opacity Make For Happy Bed Fellows!

The story of a of private capitalists writing the law themselves for their own benefit is also the story of how the founding stone of Maine's corporate state was laid into place under the Longely administration which I wrote about in Governor Longley's Architects Of Transformation
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply