Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Church of Cannabis Growing Like A Weed
04-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Church of Cannabis Growing Like A Weed
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015...ike-a-weed

"Indiana's Church of Cannabis Growing Like a Weed

The state's new religious freedom law means marijuana rules have gone to pot, church founder says...

...A new religion glorifying cannabis is officially incorporated in Indiana, and adherents plan to take full advantage of the state’s controversial religious freedom law...

...“I created the fastest-growing religion in America last week,” Levin tells U.S. News. “I’ve got to cork the leak up that [Indiana Gov. Mike] Pence caused with love."

Levin says he and other church members "all smoke religiously" and says supportive attorneys are advising him. He's working to find a facility with a large sanctuary.

“We have people who will be pilgriming in from California, from Maine, from Florida,” he says. “I planned this to be a small church of three to five hundred, but the numbers have staggeringly grown.”

On Thursday morning, the church had more than 21,000 likes on Facebook.

It’s unclear how state officials would react to church worship services, which Levin says will feature a “canna choir” and a band. Indiana does not allow medical or recreational use of marijuana.

Marijuana charges generally are pursued in state courts. But the new religious freedom law says the state cannot “substantially burden a person's exercise of religion” except when the state uses the “least restrictive means of furthering [a] compelling governmental interest...”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: Church of Cannabis Growing Like A Weed
More fringe benefits from pot.

Smoking marijuana causes fertility problems because it makes men’s sperm ‘lazily swim in circles’ say experts 

"But now researchers have revealed that it has the same effect on sperm and regular weed smoking can cut counts of the cells by as much as a third.

Dr Victor Chow, of the University of British Columbia in Canada, said: 'The weight of the ­evidence is that marijuana ­probably has a negative impact not only for sperm counts but sperm function.'"

"Previous studies have shown that marijuana can affect fertility by cutting sperm count and suppressing ovulation in women."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rcles.html
11-19-2017, 08:29 AM
Church suppers must be fun. No leftovers for Chief Smoking Bear.

San Jose moves to shut down two churches selling marijuana

"Staff and members of Coachella Valley Church, which opened in May, previously told the Resident sales and use of cannabis are exempt under the banner of religious freedom. Members use marijuana both in the downstairs chapel and on the church’s rooftop lounge as part of their Rastafari practice, they said.

“It helps me to clarify my own mind, to get to my sense of purpose and start living my truth,” Grant Atwell, a shaman who also goes by his Native American name Star Touches Earth, said in a recent interview. Atwell occasionally speaks at the church’s weekly services and advocates the spiritual and medical use of marijuana."
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/17/sa.../#comments
11-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Gee, Auntie to late now, my kids are fine as are the children of my friends and family. Now we can also throw in Alcohol Fetal Syndrome.
11-20-2017, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 08:04 AM by Auntie Republicrat.)
Huh

...i think abusing 'pot' is a dumb thing to do...but this miserable marijuana prohibition/drug prohibition is beyond stupid...it's republican-radio-level stoooooooooooooooooopid....insane...peckerheaded...

...republicans/conservatives deserve an extra level of contempt for their continued criminalizing of what amounts to a bad/dumb habit...look at the mess the howie-carr-level maroons have exacerbated!..

...combine a republican-radio-level mentality prohibition with 'privatized prison$' and we are witness to world-class stoooooooooooooooooooooooooopidity, peckerheadedness....

...btw, i get a hoot out of republican-radio morons who yap about their 'love and respect' for the constitution...Rolleyes...[hint for prohibitionist dummies: ...your stinking rotten 'federal war on drugs' is CLEARLY unconstitutional..]

...but have a nice day anyway!..Wink
12-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Mysterious condition dubbed 'scromiting' hits weed smokers across the US and causes them to vomit AND scream
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...iting.html
12-06-2017, 08:03 AM
I hear drinking to much causes the same thing, heck people die from drinking to much. I take all these articles with a grain of salt, but for a good laugh watch the movie Reefer Madness