Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2015, 06:03 AM
RE: Boothbay Region
Great place to visit,
04-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Boothbay Ordinance Regulates Any Activity Done for Pecuniary Gain In Privacy Of Home
This is a post about a hidden town ordinance that I discovered in Boothbay when I asked for a Doing Business As form- which is as about as simple a form as it gets. Instead I was handed an application demanding every possibly bit of legal information about myself and told I would have to bring eight copies of that document to a town meeting to apply for a name for doing business. When I said we already are zoned for doing business in the home since 1958, it was brushed off as if irrelevant. later I was told not to worry about what this document said, it didn't really apply to my situation, they just used that form because it was the only one they had.

The ordinance that I uncovered states that anyone doing any activity for pecuniary gain in their own home has to get permission from the town board. It specifically clarifies that the ordinance is intended for such activities that have little effect on the neighbor hood. This ordinance is clearly not being enforces so why does it exist" And who put it there?
http://americanpoliticalphilosophy.blogs...-town.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Congratulations Mac! Tomorrow will be the ONE YEAR anniversary of anyone posting in the ever-so-important Boothbay Harbor thread!
05-08-2017, 01:29 AM
How can a coastal town possibly survive without a national park occupying half the land area?
05-11-2017, 07:32 AM
We are being saved, by a former drug dealer! The funny thing to watch is all the LePage haters with their hands out to get money. But at least the voters on Southport denied him., guess he did not buy enough votes.