11-14-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: Lewiston Mayoral Race
Who is Mayor McCheese? Wait until you get Chin the chump
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2015, 05:35 PM
"Who is Mayor McCheese?" Seriously?

Don't worry, Islander. After McCheese loses, Lewiston gets a better mayor, and McCheese gets his dream job working for LeRage. Everybody wins.
11-15-2015, 08:09 AM
Crickets

ₒₒₒₒ ©(¯õ¿õ¯)® ₒₒₒₒ
Breitbart was here
Veritas vos liberabit
11-15-2015, 11:14 AM
(11-15-2015 08:09 AM)TANSTAF1 Wrote:  Crickets

Tanstaf1, what are looking for, for a response to Underminers rants? MacDonald has a good chance of losing, not because people do not like him, they do. If he loses it will be because of the games that the Lewiston Republicans play (don't forget, the County Republican Chair supported Liberal Larry Gilbert, and the "I want to be someone Lewiston Republican Chair Luke Jensen" believe they are great strategists who watched to many episodes of "The House of Cards.")

That coupled with the the fact that the Maine Peoples Alliance will be busing in students from Bates College, yea, MacDonald has a good chance of losing.

There is a silver lining to a Chin win though, at least for Auburn. It will make it easier for us to convince the voters that it would be a bad idea to merge the two cities next November. Lewiston Liberals have driven the city debt in Lewiston to almost 200 million dollars and Chin is promising to drive it up even higher.
11-16-2015, 08:12 AM
Bob--can you point out one of my "rants"? I don't remember "rant"ing.

Regarding the MPA "busing in students from Bates College," how many students are there at Bates? 1500? Are ALL of them going to get bussed in by the MPA? Will ALL of them vote for Chin? And will that be what pushes Ho Chi Chin over the top? If so, McCheese really does deserve to lose.
11-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Actually I was impressed that despite repeated rants, no one had replied. No reply was warranted.

OTH, I appreciate the update on the race as for some reason I do not think either the Herald or the Glob cover it, not that I read either one.

ₒₒₒₒ ©(¯õ¿õ¯)® ₒₒₒₒ
Breitbart was here
Veritas vos liberabit
11-16-2015, 11:30 AM
I think we need to differentiate ranting from snarking here. Underminder is pretty concise.

Lewiston has about 30,000 people, right. Let's say turnout isn't huge at 15%. That's 4500 votes. If it's a close election that's about 2,250 on each side. In a "close" elections the sides will be within 5% of one another, so roughly 112 votes changes the outcome one way or the other. Let's say a busing and "get out the vote campaign" increases college voting from 10% to 20%. That's about 150 votes at the margin. We can safely assume 3/4ths will be liberals. That's about 113 votes for Democrats, but a net of only about 38. Not all of what you need to change the outcome of an election, but a a good chunk of it. Ergo why they do it.
12-09-2015, 06:15 AM
So, bad news? The Lewiston-Auburn merger may be back on the drawing boards?

ₒₒₒₒ ©(¯õ¿õ¯)® ₒₒₒₒ
Breitbart was here
Veritas vos liberabit
12-09-2015, 06:25 AM
Underminer, what happened? I thought Chin had the new drapes all picked out. Guess the people of Lewiston did their homework and figured out they did not want to be governed by the Maine People's Alliance.
12-09-2015, 09:32 AM
What happened? Mayor McCheese won re-election. And Lewiston's downward spiral (which started long before the current political/sociological climate) continues.