Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confiscating gold
10-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Confiscating gold
http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold...rect=False

Many Americans are investing in Gold/Silver as a hedge against hyper-inflation with the US huge debt and FED QE.

Article takes to task the idea that government will confiscate Gold as it did in the past and the sheeple will go blat
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Confiscating gold
I was looking at this chart and pondering whether buying some was a good idea in light of the possibility of gold confiscation.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-06...-right-now

ₒₒₒₒ ©(¯õ¿õ¯)® ₒₒₒₒ
Breitbart was here
Veritas vos liberabit
11-12-2014, 09:56 PM
A similar thread was started on AMG recently. gold and silver prices have relaxed. I'd be careful of whom I bought Gold from, meaning on-line, out front in full view of big brother. He is not to be trusted.

I think silver is an easier one to pass muster in not getting confiscated, but who knows what government can do to steal any investment, assign a 10 dollar an ounce value on silver. We are dealing with unscrupulous men and their greed and power knows no end.

And you have Cyprus where the government just says any deposit in the bank becomes communal money, considering the zero interest or negative interest, accounting for inflation, why are banks even considered for savers.
11-12-2014, 10:57 PM
They confiscated gold coins in 1933 but they did not do all that well at the job as I still have some of the coins that were supposed to have been surrendered by the public under that new law. Evidently there was more than a little bit of "anti government sentiment" even back in 1933.

I have a few silver coins and like them alot as they are cheap to buy and are all "legal tender". They will always be usable for coinage no matter what happens and can be melted for the silver if the need ever arises.

BTW did you know that pennies made before the early 80's have a copper content that is worth more than 1 cent each? They can be melted down for the copper though it too is illegal and not all that easy to do as copper requires a lot of heat to melt. If you look on ebay you can find 5 gal buckets of these pennies for sale. Entrepreneurship is still alive and well in some parts of America!

WC
12-21-2014, 06:53 PM
The fifth largest commodities exchange closed its doors last week. All investments were returned to the rightful owners, but the brokerage realized that the system is rigged. They also realized that not all the gold that people "own" actually exists. The brokerage got out early enough to protect their clients which was a huge benefit to the investors.

It is becoming apparent that individual gold bars at Comex have been sold to more than one person. If somebody calls in and wants delivery of his gold, the next guy whose name is on that gold bar will not get his if asks for it. This is akin to the housing bubble where there were trillions of dollars of real estate mortgage payments were pledged to far too many people in the form of derivatives.

Guess what? The Obama gang of czars and the fed have just been given $303 TRILLION dollars by Congress backed by - wait for it- American citizens. This bundle was granted to the six banks that are "too big to fail"! WRONG! They are too big NOT to fail. Most people have read or heard the term "bailout". When the well is dry the new remedy to big spenders in government is the "bail-in". In Greece the government reached in and took 50% of all citizen deposits. That's half your life savings or half your pension. Think it can't happen here? Greece was a trial run for Europe and the USA. No bankers were hung from the lamp posts outside the banks as happened in Germany in the 1920s.

Buy the way, Congress also gave Obama $1.1 trillion dollars to play with as he wishes until Sept. 30, 2015. Thank McConnell and Boehner for that scam. After six years in Obamaland we still don't have a budget.
12-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Silver seems to be sitting around 16 bucks an ounce, give a dollar or two.

I won't even pretend to know which way the price will go, considering the debt that we have been assigned to above with rogers post and all, one would expect it to go up but don't be surprised if it goes down.

The whole financial situation/market is afloat, where are our water wings?
03-01-2016, 06:11 AM
If gold is so good why is it for sale?

It seems as if we are hearing a lot more sales pitches and advice to buy gold lately. We are told that it could go sky high so we need to buy it soon. All this comes from people that own and want to sell their gold at a profit. Over the years, there are a few items that I often search for to buy. They are almost never for sale because the owners want to keep them. That value creates real demand. If you have a great product, you don't even need to advertise, so why all the push to sell gold?
03-01-2016, 08:10 AM
Probably the same reason they push new cars, new houses etc , they want you to believe you need it rather than wanting it.
A loaf of bread will surpass the value of gold when the SHTF, IMO
03-01-2016, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 08:54 AM by Maine Democrat.)
(03-01-2016 08:10 AM)Islander Wrote:  Probably the same reason they push new cars, new houses etc , they want you to believe you need it rather than wanting it.
A loaf of bread will surpass the value of gold when the SHTF, IMO

All we really ever need is the means to provide for food, shelter, health and safety. Beyond that, our government will take its ever increasing share. However, enterprising people manage to do better than basic needs and try to store their wealth safely.

There doesn't seem to be an easy answer for the best way to do that. I like dirt, but it isn't very liquid or mobile and it can be taken from you. If we were to become uncivilized, we would be carrying only a few items considered most precious. How much gold can be carried?

I'd start with those items and add a few light to carry things that could be bartered. Weapons and ammo come to mind, but there are a few other investments that are offen overlooked. A "network" of associates that could help each other do many tasks would be very valuable. "Information" on many topics such as history or how to do certain things would be good to have. Certain valuable "skill sets" could be carried to be used or bartered. "Communication" would be needed to keep your network together sharing information and skill sets. Sometimes, communication can be the most valuable thing you can have. Unfortunately, the way things are now, there is no security of communication and I dont know what a mobile means would look like.
03-01-2016, 10:02 AM
ye gads Maine Democrat! This sounds like PPP's Stone Age Future instead of where Starships Travel. Your plan has already been written. It's called, "The Plan for a New American Century". You must of read this. Plagiarism does come to mind here. But then you & PPP's "utopia" reminds me of "Hunger Games" I'm Hungry. Let's be hungry together. Let's keep letting the PRIVATE Federal Reserve print money out of their asses so we can lick their shit stained asses clean. When the F**K are we money morons going to wake up to the fact that we have ALL been conned & propagandized by these "Money Carpetbaggers". You have to admit that you have been Stupid in order to Smarten Up. Stay Dumbed Down or Smarten Up. The choice is ours. Yes, there is one more choice. Do Nothing! Then WWIII will take care of everything !!! - https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=OIP.M7db396...102#inline