Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New study finds significant differences between organic and non-organic food
07-14-2014, 08:25 AM
RE: New study finds significant differences between organic and non-organic food
Just searching quickly I found this.

........"In the spring of 2011, the Maine Legislature passed Public Law 2011, Chapter 169: An Act to Require Certification of Private Applicators of General Use Pesticides. The new law requires the Maine Board of Pesticides Control to begin licensing growers who use only general-use (over-the-counter) pesticides and annually sell more than $1,000.00 of plant or plant products intended for human consumption"........

An Update from the Maine Board of Pesticides Control

You must realize that there is nothing that government loves to do better than "licensing people". Along with the licensing comes revenue and "control".

I use NO pesticides or insecticides on anything. I only use a small amount of Repel on me to keep the deer flies honest this time of year. I am immune to skeets and blackflies but the deer flies are bad right now. My cattle have to deal with it the best way they can.

I have a theory about breast cancer today. This is just my "theory" based on my own observations over more than 50 years.

I have admired the female half of the human race since a child in Jr High in the late 1950's. From my memories, and yearbook photos, one of the things that school girls were lacking bigtime, in my youth was.........boobs! Yep I always admired an attractive well built lady.....and still do!!

But walk through any junior high school in Maine today and what do you see? You see "girls" with more breast development at age 12 than most women my wife's age have. Ever wonder why that is? 14 yr olds are routinely coming up pregnant today.

My theory is this. As I said before, anything any lactating animal ingests, comes through in the milk, in minutes or a few hours. The big time dairy industry in America today is doing everything it can to make each cow produce more milk. Some holsteins here can produce over 100 lbs of milk in a day.

In order to produce more milk a cow needs a bigger udder!! Everything that can be devised, and made "approved" by the USDA is used on these animals to do just this. Growth hormones and everything else. It does not take much imagination to realize that these animals have been made into "freaks of nature" that would not happen naturally!

As I said before, anything a lactating animal ingests comes out in the milk. It does not take too fertile an imagination to ponder about what all this stuff that is put into the cows that produce the milk most all of us partake of today, may possibly be having some negative effects on the humans that consume it over a long period of time. I never heard of a case of breast cancer during my high school days. Now it is everywhere, everyday in everything you read. Young women under 40 are becoming victims.

The very early, and much larger, breast development, in todays young females may not be the ONLY thing that is changing in that area. I think it well within the realm of possibilty that something long term may be going on here that is not good. Google "Thalidomide" to see the horrifying effects of a substance that was ruled SAFE by government, that later regretted that designation. There is little to no research as to long time negative effects of many things that are legal and safe today. It takes decades to see the downside, if one is there.

What has changed in our society to bring this to such widespread appearance?

WC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2014, 10:19 AM
RE: New study finds significant differences between organic and non-organic food
I have often wondered if most diseases today can be traced to the chemicals we ingest and apply to our bodies.
07-14-2014, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 09:25 PM by Ugene.)
This from AMG's Mainemom's links to keep us informed.

A multi-center, international group of scientists culled the world’s literature and found several hundred studies which they then analyzed (a meta-analysis) to discern significant differences between conventionally-grown crops and organic crops (and foods made from them). They found, on average, a 17 percent higher level of “antioxidants” and a lower rate of detection of various synthetic pesticides. They also found a higher level of “toxic cadmium.”

The article in the New York Times on this study by Kenneth Chang was (surprisingly) noncommittal on the health significance of this huge study, with the journalist citing several experts who registered between “so what?” and skepticism concerning its [lack of] overarching public health and nutritional significance.

ACSH’s Dr. Gil Ross had this comment: “Even if this study’s conclusions are accurate/valid — and the technique of meta-analysis is inherently fraught with vagaries making such conclusions suspect at best — there is nothing surprising here. (And this meta-analysis is victim to many of the more egregious erroneous aspects of the methodology, such as not excluding poorer-quality studies from the outset). Of course, crops grown under organic mandates will have fewer of the licensed, approved, safe pesticides than conventionals: what else is new? And the literature support for the health benefits of isoflavones, polyphenols, etc. is scanty at best (cadmium is indeed a “toxic” heavy metal — at high enough exposure — but none of the levels found pose a realistic health risk to anyone of any age from dietary consumption).

“Further,” added ACSH’s Dr. Ruth Kava, “None of the reviewed studies measured any remnants of so-called ‘organic’ pesticides–that is those that are permitted under the National Organic Program. There are many of these, and they are not necessarily safe for human consumption, but the organic foods industry seems to want to keep them secret.”

WC
I think more study is in order on the breast size theory.
I'm up for it if you can find the grant money.Big Grin

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
07-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Another new study for you to debunk, Ugene. Roundup damages sperm.

http://www.gmoseralini.org/new-seralini-...ges-sperm/
07-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Glad to.
Just substitute "vinegar" (or a host of any other compounds) for Glyphosate, and you will get the same results.

(07-16-2014 11:52 AM)Three Pipe Problem Wrote:  Another new study for you to debunk, Ugene. Roundup damages sperm.

http://www.gmoseralini.org/new-seralini-...ges-sperm/

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
07-16-2014, 05:01 PM
You think feeding rats a 0.5% vinegar solution will damage their sperm lol?
09-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Just a reminder:

"Organic" Is The Latin Word For "Grown In Pig Shit"

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives...he-11.html

ₒₒₒₒ ©(¯õ¿õ¯)® ₒₒₒₒ
Breitbart was here
Veritas vos liberabit
02-19-2017, 07:24 PM
I am not sure if the motivation is organic or increased EU subsidy.
This from Finland...

Government to Start Endorsing Organic Milk for Schoolchildren

“In Finland, we want to put emphasis on the organic products. The kitchens of municipalities and cities can affect the consumption of the products with their own decisions. The goal is that day-careucenters and schools could serve more often domestic, organically
produced milk and vegetables,” said Kimmo Tiilikainen, the minister of agriculture and environment, in a bulletin."
http://finlandtoday.fi/government-to-sta...lchildren/