Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MSEA-SEIU Local 1989
02-04-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: MSEA-SEIU Local 1989
I will go with , he will defend it only when he agrees with the politics.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 01:29 AM
(02-04-2014 03:48 PM)Islander Wrote:  I will go with , he will defend it only when he agrees with the politics.

That's my bet too!

Which...would...mean...he...is...a...Stalinist.

Also known as a left wing authoritarian.

Someone who thinks he knows better than the masses.

For their own good of course.

Hence his on going defense of the vanguard and their machinations.
02-09-2014, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 03:56 PM by Truth or Consequences.)
I wonder how MSEA felt about Governor LePage's State Of The State. Governor LePage made some very strong statements regarding his feelings about unions. Did the unions respond to the Governor's harsh statement regarding his plan with job creation and how his new plan with new jobs shall be treated like a "Right to Work" state.........."no union" involvement. He received a great applaud from the republicans but the democrats stayed seated and did NOT applaud.

Of course I am uncertain on how new jobs in Maine can be treated as though they are "Right to Work", because Maine is NOT a "Right to Work" state. What happens if employee(s) hired try to organize a union? Can employee(s) be terminated for organizing a union? Should employee(s) have the right to pick and chose if a majority of workers want a union?

Will MSEA dare try to organize a union with these new job creations or another union? Many construction workers do belong to unions.
02-10-2014, 02:52 PM
(02-09-2014 03:49 PM)Truth or Consequences Wrote:  I wonder how MSEA felt about Governor LePage's State Of The State. Governor LePage made some very strong statements regarding his feelings about unions. Did the unions respond to the Governor's harsh statement regarding his plan with job creation and how his new plan with new jobs shall be treated like a "Right to Work" state.........."no union" involvement.

No worker should ever be denied the right to choose representatives!

Any more than anyone should ever be denied the right to their lawyer.

The problem is not labor unions per se but their right of legal monopoly.

Therefore they need to be deregulated just like the airlines were.

And like the airlines they'll have to prove themselves worthy daily.

Just like any other business has to in a free market or go out of business.

The answer is not to outlaw unions but to deregulate them.
02-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Yes, I think the point is that nobody will be forced to be a union member as a condition of employment with new jobs being created in the State of Maine.
02-11-2014, 08:14 AM
If you are not forced to join a union, then they will not have the money to help keep their freinds in office, they will also fade away once they have no control over the workers.
02-11-2014, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 01:59 PM by Truth or Consequences.)
Islander said: If you are not forced to join a union, then they will not have the money to help keep their freinds in office, they will also fade away once they have no control over the workers.

Reply: I depends on how many employees becomes a member. Hard to say! The good news will be that nobody is forced to be a fair share as a condition of employment! People have the right to pick and chose.

Therefore, unions will need to work hard and represent members or they will quickly dissolve!
02-11-2014, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 10:20 PM by Sonny Laymatina.)
Quote: Reply: I depends on how many employees becomes a member. Hard to say! The good news will be that nobody is forced to be a fair share as a condition of employment! People have the right to pick and chose.
Therefore, unions will need to work hard and represent members or they will quickly dissolve!

And if they work hard to represent their members (aka clients, customers)...

Then they should flourish like any other successful business.

Because at the end of the day labor unions just sell job insurance.

And some insurance companies are better than others.

But imagine how you'd feel if you were forced by the government to buy insurance.

You wouldn't like it at all (just see Obama "care").

That's why labor unions need to be deregulated.

So that workers have the right to choose at all times.

Because there is no place for government guaranteed monopolies in free markets.

Which means you're either a pro-worker libertarian or an anti-worker Stalinist.

And anti-worker Stalinists (like Narsbars and msea managers) think their "union" as the vanguard knows better than the workers.

It's pure Orwellian Animal Farm anti-democratic anti-freedom fraudulent nonsense that "our" government needs to break up and deregulate.
02-12-2014, 06:16 AM
MSEA-SEIU Local 1989
Sonny nailed it with "And if they work hard to represent their members (aka clients, customers)... Then they should flourish like any other successful business."

In this case with MSEA-SEIU Local 1989, it seems like they would need to make major internal changes and work VERY hard if they lost their current monopoly.

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
02-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Pretty hard to justify paying extortion to a union just so you can put food on the table. their track record for looking out for their members is not very good, IMO. Granted my only experience is with the US Merchant Marine Unions, lots more foreign flag ships carrying cargo now that we used to.