Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ARTICLE V CONVENTION
03-12-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: ARTICLE V CONVENTION
(03-12-2015 06:22 AM)Islander Wrote:  Ditto what Mac and WC said, be careful what you wish for

With all of you. Not wishing, just seeing the writing on the wall going from very faint, to not so faint.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Good stuff that I didn't know about Woodcanoe. I'll read more of it.

I got tired of the all too dominant mentality at AMG- though there are some good people there- the mockers ruin it. They basically have nothing to say and are only interested in stopping others from engaging in conversation. Occasionally I meet someone in other online forums who I either recognize by name or attitude as an AMGer.I met one today who made a big comment about not reading my post because of a one letter typo in first sentence. It was transparent that there was more than that causing him to go into pretentious condensation mode and so I pegged him as someone from AMG. Who else becomes so personally insulting over a typo?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2015, 10:10 AM
(03-15-2015 07:22 PM)Mackenzie Andersen Wrote:  Who else becomes so personally insulting over a typo?

Guess you haven't visited the Sun Journal in a VERY long time.
03-16-2015, 02:11 PM
(03-16-2015 10:10 AM)Candice Casey Wrote:  
(03-15-2015 07:22 PM)Mackenzie Andersen Wrote:  Who else becomes so personally insulting over a typo?

Guess you haven't visited the Sun Journal in a VERY long time.

Good to know- Sun Journal requires a paid subscription so why pay for that !
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Justin Alfond is going to be overjoyed when he learns that the Rpublican Convention voted to shred our Constitution and start over. This will not end peacefully. Too many patriots shed blood to create the finest document ever created by man.

The same body also voted to do away with marriage.
04-29-2016, 08:33 AM
What the heck are you talking about? What convention? Certainly not the Maine convention and the national convention hasn't met.
04-30-2016, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 04:56 PM by Roger Ek.)
The Republicans had a convention in Bangor last week. Maybe you were not back from Florida yet, but we really did have a convention. The Republicans made two significant changes.

Change # 1:
They voted overwhelmingly to abolish marriage as we have known it since time immemorial.

Change #2.:
They voted overwhelmingly to trash our Constitution and start over as a nation. The one quarter or one third of conservatives that remain in the party were stunned. Many will never be back. "Never" is a really long time.

Hey, Mac;

"pretentious condensation mode"

I guess that means he is all wet, right?
04-30-2016, 05:52 PM
I am not surprised, there really only one party, both sides of the same coin. There is nothing liberal about liberalism and progressives are control freaks and there are plenty in both parties, IMO .
04-30-2016, 06:00 PM
Roger, after you posted the above, I went to the Maine R Party site to check. The platform that was adopted at the convention is posted on the website. Here are a few excerpts:

We proclaim allegiance to the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Maine.

Marriage is defined as the union of one man and one woman;

The government of Maine exists to preserve and protect certain natural, inherent and inalienable rights endowed by our Creator for the benefit, protection and security of all citizens and future generations. To maintain this doctrine, the U. S. and Maine Constitutions are the framework to which all legislation must conform, therefore we pledge to:

The platform also supports an Article V convention for a few limited purposes. Perhaps that's what you're referring to? FYI, I am totally opposed to an Article V convention for any purpose. Too much opportunity for mischief.
04-30-2016, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 07:49 PM by Roger Ek.)
Two out of the five proposed amendments passed. I was on the platform committee. What you are looking at was the proposed platform as submitted by the platform committee and published in the convention handbook. The amended platform is not up on the web site yet.