Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ARTICLE V CONVENTION
04-06-2014, 02:00 PM
ARTICLE V CONVENTION
HOW "INDIVIDUALS OF INSIDIOUS VIEWS" ARE STEALING OUR CONSTITUTION

We have hard-hitting Americans who influence the people of this country pushing for this monster – Mark Levin, George Soros, David Barton, Michael Farris, Mark Meckler and others and THEN we have organizations that are portraying themselves as Constitutional supportive Americans that are also supporting a ConCon. All of these people have an AGENDA as to why they want YOU to BELIEVE this is the thing to do.

Convention of the States

Endorsing Organizations
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: ARTICLE V CONVENTION
I invited Ken Quinn to join the forum and defend his position for a convention. Ken appears to be the spokesman in Maine for this Article V Convention.
04-07-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm with Diane Marie. We can't convene a ConCon (ConaConCon?) over the few issues we might all agree could/should be addressed.

From her link (the middle one in Bob's OP):

"In Federalist No.44 ((12th paragraph from end), Madison says elect more faithful representatives! But we keep re-electing the same sorry people because we know their names and they are in our party. So then you go read Washington’s Farewell address and he tells you the political parties will be the ruination of the country because of the egos of men – those very same men who are trying to tell us we need a ConCon so they can change whatever they want into whatever they want."

That's why Suzie has got to go. She may be Dorothy, Cinderella and Snow(e) White, all rolled into one but she still has to go. After 18 years, look where we are and ask yourself if she deserves to continue with her employment.
04-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Talking about an agenda- when Foukara - the head of the Washington Bureau of Al Jazeera was the guest of honor at the General Henry Knox Museum, here in Maine - The Maine media did not find it significant that Foukara said the following- which was not to be found reported anywhere except my blog- at least not to my knowledge.

“The American Constitution to me is a live meaningful political philosophy, which guarantees, at least, that life in America will be a constant state of revisions and amendments to meet new and rejuvenating aspirations to change and regress – that is how I would recommend Arabs to read it at this crucial point in their history- regardless of how they feel about US Foreign Policy ……

Foukara's Hope and Change Speech at the General Knox Museum

You betcha that the whole world will be sending their representatives to a Con-Con- undercover of course!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2014, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 04:07 PM by Vic Berardelli.)
I am absolutely opposed to these constitutional conventions for a very simple reason: what prevents the other side from usurping it and foisting damaging populist clauses into the Constitution?

This is a double-edged sword best left untouched.

WARNING: Here's what can happen if you open this Pandora's Box. Read the six changes retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens wants:

SIX CHANGES
06-01-2014, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 08:37 AM by Roger Ek.)
A couple of decades ago, I attended the Property Rights Congress in Washington, DC. There were delegates from nearly every state and we all learned a great deal about the threats to property rights around the country. Rep. Helen Chenowith of Idaho was there. She had been elected as a Rep from Idaho on a property rights platform. She promised to serve for just two terms. She was ending her second term and voters from Idaho were after her to run again, but a promise is a promise. Helen was an honorable lady. She retired after her second term. She had accomplished what she wanted to do.

Helen's husband had died. There was a rancher there Named Wayne Hagee whose wife had died. He spoke at one of the sessions during the three day event. Wayne and Helen hit it off and got married. Wayne's family just won a huge land rights legal battle against the federal government.

Back in Maine, we had a primary going and Susan Collins was working at the Dyke Center at Husson. Hey, you can't make this stuff up. John Hathaway was leading in the primary and the establishment types were in a dither because they didn't want a conservative to be a senator from Maine. Bob Monks Sr. has a summer place in Maine so he registered to vote in that town and he ran as a third candidate in the primary. Some may remember those days. Bob Monks was about 6' 6" and looks like Abe Lincoln. Nobody knew him because he is from Connecticut, but that made no difference to the establishment types.

Bob Monks is a very wealthy dude and spent a pile of money smearing John Hathaway. Bob Monks is best buddies with Donald Sussman. Susan Collins made a promise to serve only two terms if she was elected. Bob Monks was successful. He peeled enough votes away from Hathaway that Collins got the nomination. Collins' opponent for the Democrats was Pat McGowan who ran a general store over in Palmyra. He was a good guy and an outdoorsman. There was a big movement called Republicans for McGowan, but it wasn't enough to overcome the Monks money. The Sussman, Monks, Collins cabal is still running things in Maine. Rick Bennett, the current party chair works for Bob Monks Jr.

Politics is a very dirty business. Pat McGowan became IF&W commissioner. He is a pilot and has flown float planes for years. Here is a link to the harassment that Pat McGowan endured after opposing Collins for senate:
http://www.asmainegoes.com/content/pat-m...ead?page=1

With the purge of conservatives in the state committee now complete, we can look for another decade or two with the Republican Party in Maine back in its comfort zone as a minority party. Collins broke her word, again, and will likely be reelected. The democrats are quite pleased with her.
06-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Politics is so incestious, none are to be trusted.
06-12-2014, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 04:04 PM by Mackenzie Andersen.)
I agree that A Con-Con is a big mistake in the USA year 2014. This is a country which has embedded Marxism into it's institutions of higher education and from there all the way down the educational system- and so that is a big faction that one can expect to see at such a convention- not to mention communist and Jihad conspirators from other lands.

When Foukara was honored by the General Henry Knox Museum - this is about all he said in his speech about anything related to General Knox's life & times- ( and I was the only one to report it)

Quote:The American Constitution or at least how it sounds to my layman ears, for I am not a constitutional expert, is not just piece of paper where a bunch of middle-aged rich white guys hurriedly scribbled squiggles on a piece of paper for a crowd happy to see the back of the British Red Coats. “The American Constitution to me is a live meaningful political philosophy, which guarantees, at least, that life in America will be a constant state of revisions and amendments to meet new and rejuvenating aspirations to change and regress – that is how I would recommend Arabs to read it at this crucial point in their history- regardless of how they feel about US Foreign Policy ……… That is where it becomes very important to take a very close look at how a constitution such as America’s deals with protecting both majorities and minorities from each other’s tyranny

And in my opinion even if there were a result of bringing us back to the original intentions of the United States Constitution- it would have little effect when communism has taken over in so many states- with Maine being a prime example of that which I document in my time line, which includes the 10 planks of the Communist Manifesto- among other things.

Central management of the economy is not the philosophy written by our founders - it is a Marxian philosophy- and it is sweeping across the nation- or so we are told by our legislature to justify their own actions.

However my own research has frequently come across well placed statements that "Nobody reads the Maine Constitution"- and that is exactly why our political class has gotten away with transforming our state constitutional philosophy via statutes.

While the media rushes to portray the David Brat victory as a victory against immigration reform- David Brat is a professor of economics who campaigned against corporate welfare and government central management. What is going on in Virginia that makes it so different from Maine- I hope I will be able to afford the time to look into that.
06-12-2014, 09:03 PM
[Image: Minimum WAGE 500.gif]
06-13-2014, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 03:25 AM by f220.)
(04-22-2014 04:02 PM)Vic Berardelli Wrote:  I am absolutely opposed to these constitutional conventions for a very simple reason: what prevents the other side from usurping it and foisting damaging populist clauses into the Constitution?

This is a double-edged sword best left untouched.

WARNING: Here's what can happen if you open this Pandora's Box. Read the six changes retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens wants:

SIX CHANGES

Right. We'd lose. We don't want to amend the Constitution. We want judges to interpret it the way we want, but we don't want it changed. The leftists are the ones who would like to put a right to this, a right to free candy, everything else.

We're the ones who like the Constitution. Stay away from this.

(06-12-2014 12:29 PM)Mackenzie Andersen Wrote:  I agree that A Con-Con is a big mistake in the USA year 2014. This is a country which has embedded Marxism into it's institutions of higher education and from there all the way down the educational system- and so that is a big faction that one can expect to see at such a convention- not to mention communist and Jihad conspirators from other lands.

When Foukara was honored by the General Henry Knox Museum - this is about all he said in his speech about anything related to General Knox's life & times- ( and I was the only one to report it)

Quote:The American Constitution or at least how it sounds to my layman ears, for I am not a constitutional expert, is not just piece of paper where a bunch of middle-aged rich white guys hurriedly scribbled squiggles on a piece of paper for a crowd happy to see the back of the British Red Coats. “The American Constitution to me is a live meaningful political philosophy, which guarantees, at least, that life in America will be a constant state of revisions and amendments to meet new and rejuvenating aspirations to change and regress – that is how I would recommend Arabs to read it at this crucial point in their history- regardless of how they feel about US Foreign Policy ……… That is where it becomes very important to take a very close look at how a constitution such as America’s deals with protecting both majorities and minorities from each other’s tyranny

And in my opinion even if there were a result of bringing us back to the original intentions of the United States Constitution- it would have little effect when communism has taken over in so many states- with Maine being a prime example of that which I document in my time line, which includes the 10 planks of the Communist Manifesto- among other things.

Central management of the economy is not the philosophy written by our founders - it is a Marxian philosophy- and it is sweeping across the nation- or so we are told by our legislature to justify their own actions.

However my own research has frequently come across well placed statements that "Nobody reads the Maine Constitution"- and that is exactly why our political class has gotten away with transforming our state constitutional philosophy via statutes.

While the media rushes to portray the David Brat victory as a victory against immigration reform- David Brat is a professor of economics who campaigned against corporate welfare and government central management. What is going on in Virginia that makes it so different from Maine- I hope I will be able to afford the time to look into that.

"What is going on in Virginia ... "

Nothing. Nobody stepped up to take on Collins. Vic has told a story either here or on AMG about how someone from out of state wanted to give up to 5 Million dollars to someone to defeat Collins. Vic, if I recall correctly, told them there wasn't anyone on the horizon worth spending 5 Million on.

Collins has a worse record to Conservatives than Cantor does.

Will there be a strong Libertarian running for US Senate in the fall?