Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maine Taxpayers United (MTU)
04-06-2014, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 12:24 PM by Moving Forward.)
The MTU Mission: To reduce our state and local tax burden and promote prudent government spending.

Maine Taxpayers United was established during the summer of 2007 by members of Citizens Alliance of Maine, which supported the Maine Taxpayers Bill of Rights in Campaign 2006. We represent Maine citizens who pay taxes in the sessions of the Legislature, and we support candidates who in turn support our Mission.

FMI: http://www.mainetaxpayers.com

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Maine Taxpayers United (MTU)
The MTU is a great organization with a lot of great people. They do good work in Augusta. I know Jack Wibby at one time wanted the MTU to be an informational hub, don't know how that is progressing. I recommend that people join and support the MTU in any way possible.
05-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Third Annual Tax Day Rally this Sunday
*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Third Annual Tax Day Rally
by Maine Taxpayers United

Date: Sunday, May 4th (Doors open before 1:30)

Location: Franco American Heritage AT 46 Cedar Street in Lewiston

“The program will feature Governor Paul LePage, Susan Dench, founder of the Informed Women's Network, and Carol Weston, Executive Director of Americans for Prosperity, Maine. In addition, there will be entertainment, an auction, and a raffle as well as a social hour. We expect many candidates and citizens groups to attend. Admission is free, and refreshments will be served.”

FMI: http://www.mainetaxpayers.com

-----------
Support the Right.
05-04-2014, 11:29 AM
It's a great day for a conservative rally, and I'll bet you can still make today's event in Lewiston... we hope to see you there! Doors will be open by 1:30.

BTW, “LePage to speak at Tax Day Rally in Lewiston”

Read more at: http://www.twincitytimes.com/events/lepa...n-lewiston

-----------
Support the Right.
01-03-2015, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 06:49 AM by Moving Forward.)
Maine Taxpayers United to host Representative Sirocki
Maine Taxpayers United to host Representative Sirocki on Jan. 14th

Maine Taxpayers United (MTU) is pleased to announce the featured speaker at their Annual Meeting, which is set for Wednesday evening, January 14th, at the Fireside Inn of Auburn, will be State Representative Heather Sirocki of Scarborough.

Mrs. Sirocki will begin her third term in the Maine House of Representatives on January 5th. During her first two terms, she served on the Department of Health and Human Services Committee, supporting welfare reform and other initiatives for improving the efficiencies of State government. Her experience in the Legislature and her plans for the next Session will certainly be of interest to Maine citizens.

The general public is cordially invited to the MTU Annual Meeting. Doors will be open by 6 PM, social hour to follow, with meeting commencing at 7 PM. Dinner will be from the buffet table and will feature some delicious selections. Cost is $25 per person with a cash bar available. For planning purposes, R.S.V.P. at your earliest convenience to Jack Wibby (207-657-7737 or jwibby@maine.rr.com) and please include your contact information for notification in the case of inclement weather. The Fireside Inn is conveniently located just off the Auburn Exit #75 of I-95.

Maine Taxpayers United is a state-wide organization which works for the reduction of Maine's heavy tax burden and encourages prudent government spending. FMI: http://www.mainetaxpayers.org/ and on Facebook.

We hope to see you there!

-----------
Support the Right.
01-13-2015, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015 09:58 PM by Mike G.)
Is Maine taxpayers united going to support creating tax collectors out of thousands of small businesses?
01-14-2015, 06:28 AM
(01-13-2015 09:56 PM)Mike G Wrote:  Is Maine taxpayers united going to support creating tax collectors out of thousands of small businesses?

Since I'm not sure what you're referring to with that question, if it doesn't support our mission for MTU ("To reduce our state and local tax burden and promote prudent government spending") I doubt the organization will support it... but you can certainly come to tonight's meeting and ask that question.
01-15-2015, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 01:20 AM by Mike G.)
MF

I'm sorry to be obtuse but i was refering to Lepages plan to expand the tax base to many small businesses that aren't now required to pay sales tax on services.

Hope there was a productive meeting and keep us up to date on future meetings

Txs

I see Paul Lepage is a director, would particularly interested in knowing when he will be attending so I can heckle him.

Things like hey Paul you know not all small businesses possess a cash register?

Hey Paul how can you expect to increase small business startups when you want them to collect your state taxes first and foremost on monthly basis?

Why don't you get rid of all sales tax income and just have everyone pay their state income tax which requires almost no accountants at all to do? Who by the way you want to charge state sales tax for their accountant services?

Who you trying to protect with getting state income taxes nixed and sales tax base expanded? your retired voter base and fat cat corporate contributors ?

Maybe you could have Paul Lepage respond to same at your next meeting? If so appropriate?
01-15-2015, 06:49 AM
Those questions sound like some very good ones that should be raised for explanation, and I'll make a point to raise them at our next MTU meeting. As for the Governor's relationship with MTU, as far as I understand, he left our Board when he was Mayor and decided to run for the Blaine House.

It's too bad you didn't make it to last night's MTU meeting, as it was indeed quite informative. Have a great day.

(01-15-2015 01:03 AM)Mike G Wrote:  MF

I'm sorry to be obtuse but i was refering to Lepages plan to expand the tax base to many small businesses that aren't now required to pay sales tax on services.

Hope there was a productive meeting and keep us up to date on future meetings

Txs

I see Paul Lepage is a director, would particularly interested in knowing when he will be attending so I can heckle him.

Things like hey Paul you know not all small businesses possess a cash register?

Hey Paul how can you expect to increase small business startups when you want them to collect your state taxes first and foremost on monthly basis?

Why don't you get rid of all sales tax income and just have everyone pay their state income tax which requires almost no accountants at all to do? Who by the way you want to charge state sales tax for their accountant services?

Who you trying to protect with getting state income taxes nixed and sales tax base expanded? your retired voter base and fat cat corporate contributors ?

Maybe you could have Paul Lepage respond to same at your next meeting? If so appropriate?

-----------
Support the Right.
01-15-2015, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 07:53 PM by Mike G.)
Moving Forward

Thanks for your response.

Keep us informed as to your next meeting, if you will, this new proposal of Lepage's tax redirection may get us heated up

TXS again and best regards

Mike