Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Project Appleseed
12-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Project Appleseed
Project Appleseed is an activity of The Revolutionary War Veterans Association, a 501©(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to teaching every American our shared heritage and history as well as traditional rifle marksmanship skills. Our volunteer instructors travel across the country teaching those who attend about the difficult choices, the heroic actions, and the sacrifices that the Founders made on behalf of modern Americans, all of whom are their posterity.

We have events all over Maine. Costs are low and will be even lower in 2014. We know ammunition is expensive. We still want you to come. You will experience a greater sense of pride and connection with our forebears who risked everything for us. They did it for US!

I am the Maine state coordinator for all things Appleseed. Want to have an event at your club or range? We bring everything. All we need is a Portapotty and a safe backstop. Some clubs offer lunches and have fine clubhouses. We like that, but we will hold our event outdoors in the rain or snow. Conditions will be better than they were at Valley Forge. We have Goretex.

Your club can still shoot at a pistol range or trap range, but we need the rifle range, normally for both days. We can do a one-day Appleseed, but shooters say it is like drinking from a fire hose. We teach the accumulated wisdom from 600 years of rifle marksmanship

No matter whether you are a complete novice and pick up a Ruger 10/22 at WalMart on the way to our shoot or you are an accomplished match shooter, you will come away from an Appleseed Weekend a better and safer shooter.

We also present"Libertyseeds". These are events held at public places such as libraries, churches, grange halls and sportsman's clubs where we present the history and heritage side of our program. We have had people from age 3 to 90 attend. The 3 year old asked, "What's gunpowder?"

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 08:11 PM
RE: Project Appleseed
I have attended three Appleseeds and shot at two. I can attest that you will learn a lot about proper marksmanship and you will also be in pain if you do not practice the shooting positions ahead of time as advised. It is the most valuable rifle craft and revolutionary war historical training that can be had for the dollar.
05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: Project Appleseed
Thanks, Knucklehead. As the World Champion Combat Action Shooter famously said. "Accurate shooting is simple. It just isn't easy."