Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Malaysia Airlines Plane down, accident or terror?
03-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Malaysia Airlines Plane down, accident or terror?
A Boeing 777 jetliner of Malaysian Airways is evidently down in the ocean near Viet Nam. Word has it that oil slicks, and possibly other debris, have been found on the surface. A bizzare twist is lent to the story by the fact that two of the passengers boarded the lost aircraft with stolen passports.

......."There is still no sign of the aircraft,” Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, director general of the Department of Civil Aviation, said during a news conference in Kuala Lumpur.........Rahman said that the search area has been increased to 50 nautical miles, from 20, and includes 34 aircraft and 40 ships. Aircraft are conducting 12-hour searches, until sundown, while ships continue the search through the night".......

Fox news report

........"There are now 40 ships and 34 aircraft from nine different nationalities searching. But no signal has been received from the plane's emergency locator transmitter, Malaysian aviation authorities say..........Air force chief Rodzali Daud said the investigation was now focusing on a recording of radar signals that showed there was a "possibility" the aircraft had turned back from its flight path"........

BBC News report

There should be good radar data, from several sources that could pinpoint the location where the aircraft disappeared. There are lots of both military and civilian airfields in that area, on all four sides of the area where the plane disappeared. There may well be satellite tracking on it too. The media, in their haste to be first with the story never look for obvious things.

The stolen passports, and their use on this flight certainly throw some doubt into the picture, though large aircraft have disappeared into oceans before.

WC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 10:53 AM
RE: Malaysia Airlines Plane down, accident or terror?
I thought about the passports, why would someone want to sneak into China? And the passports were a couple of years old? For now I am leaning towards something criminal, is it terrorism or another Government ploy gone wrong? But some 200 innocents have lost their lives for no reason, hopefully we will get the truth.
03-09-2014, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 01:41 PM by BlueJay.)
I read one report from an airline security person who said that stolen passports are not uncommon, but to have two on the same flight is quite unusual.

This is sounding more and more like a terrorist event.
03-09-2014, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 07:44 PM by taxfoe.)
As the world's policeman, there isn't anything in the air that the U. S. isn't keeping tabs on. I'm almost as certain that Boeing knows so, where it is and what it was doing when it went down are no mystery. I'm thinking terror is a stretch because it appears any terrorists would have lost their leverage.

Too bad for Boeing; the 777 has a great reputation.
03-09-2014, 07:33 PM
The 911 plane that went down in a field near Pittsburgh had lost it's leverage.

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
03-09-2014, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 07:47 PM by taxfoe.)
I'm not in the camp that believes terrorists had anything to do with planes crashing in fields near Pittsburgh. Follow me in the conspiracy thread. I'm not convinced ANY passenger jets crashed that day.

The Dennis Rodman's playmate MISSLE THEORY.
03-09-2014, 08:46 PM
It is very unusual for a large aircraft like this one to be lost, especially at cruising altitude, without any chance of radio contact between the plane and the air traffic people. Most of the things that can happen usually give the crew some time for radio contact.

There have been a few aircraft lost to "explosive decompression" which happens when the pressurized fuselage, suddenly gives way at some weak point, and the rapid depressurization can be "explosive enough" to destroy the entire plane, very suddenly.

The British DeHavilland company designed the Comet, worlds first jet passenger plane, after WWII. They moved very carefully and it took several years to get them into service as it was a whole new ballgame. Two of them were lost over the Mediterranean Sea, while the third was lost on a flight from England to Bermuda. All three went into the water.... with no radio contact.

It could be some sort of design flaw, not discovered in these planes before, as that sort of thing has happened before. The thing that says NO to that scenario is that this particular plane did not have that many flight cycles in it's history, though that would not remove the possibility of some flaw that nobody expected.

The sudden loss makes me think that it was some kind of structural failure or perhaps a terrorist action, at this point. The two stolen passports are a worry. I read one story where these were used to buy two tickets on that flight, plus a flight to Amsterdam from Beijing afterwards. This flight beyond China would allow someone to board without all the usual clearance needed just to fly to a destination in China. The two tickets were bought at the same time and had consecutive serial numbers on them, another oddity. It seems kind of unlikely that two different people, with stolen ID would buy two tickets right together like that.

PanAm flight 103 went down in Scotland because the flight was delayed for a few minutes. The bomb was intended to go off when the plane was out over the ocean, as evidence is harder to recover from deep water.

They recovered the black boxes from the Air France flight that disappeared over the Atlantic Ocean a few years ago so they will find this one eventually I am sure.

WC
03-09-2014, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 11:04 PM by taxfoe.)
WC points out:

"They recovered the black boxes from the Air France flight that disappeared over the Atlantic Ocean a few years ago so they will find this one eventually I am sure."

In one of the many Dreamliner battery stories, Boeing made it clear they remotely 'blackbox' all Dreamliners. If I remember correctly, it was one of FAA's conditions for restoring it's airworthiness certification. In the comments that followed, a poster who claimed to have knowledge of these matters asserted that the technology wasn't terribly complex and that Boeing had been using it for years on many models, including military. It made perfectly good sense from both quality control and liability perspectives.

So, I'm guessing, by now, Boeing engineers have a very good idea of what happened, the FAA and NTSB have been briefed and the general public will have to wait for a bunch of theater to play out.

Found it! CNBC video, real time Dreamliner monitoring . . a thousand data points . .
03-10-2014, 09:09 AM
This was not a Dreamliner although one wonders why not all blackboxes are monitored real time.

If North Korea is able to hit a plane 2,600 miles away we and teh Israelis need to do a little espionage to up our anti-aircraft/anti-missile defense systems.

ₒₒₒₒ ©(¯õ¿õ¯)® ₒₒₒₒ
Breitbart was here
Veritas vos liberabit
03-10-2014, 11:06 AM
I have read that the United States has a lot of "satellite assets" over in that part of the world, as it has been a hot bed of unrest most of my life. If so, I would suspect that it might be easy to see where this was when the event happened, but maybe they don't want to be too ready to let the world see how much they can really detect.

I can't understand why there is so much "confusion" as to which side of Malaysia the aircraft was on when it disappeared. The location should be pretty obvious from where the transponder showed the aircraft's location, when it stopped transmitting. Hijackers might have the transponder turned off if that happened, but the aircraft would still be visible on radar, just would not have the accompanying electronic ID.

I suspect that some people must know what happened, but are keeping close mouthed at the moment.

I would not rule out a design flaw, even though there had been no indication of trouble before. These things sometimes get by the engineers and take a lot of time to cause problems.

WC