Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Big News from Blaine Richardson
02-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Big News from Blaine Richardson
This is an email that just went out from the Blaine Richardson for US Congress campaign;

Dear Friends,

From the bailouts and stimulus of 2008 to the federal government takeover of health care, a spark was ignited that grew into a vibrant movement of liberty-loving Americans determined to protect their freedoms from an ever growing federal government. Since early 2009 I have been involved with this movement whose purpose it is to educate Americans about the importance of having a constitutionally limited, fiscally responsible government that preserves an environment for the free market to thrive and where Americans can enjoy all the liberties afforded to them by the U.S. Constitution.

That is why I am excited to let you know that this Wednesday, February 26th my wife and I are going to be heading to Washington D.C. to celebrate the achievements of this movement as well as meet with some of leading voices in the call for smaller government, including Senator Rand Paul, Senator Mike Lee and Senator Ted Cruz.

Let’s restore Maine together,
Blaine Richardson

Established in New England in the Year of our Lord 1648.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Big News from Blaine Richardson
Is Blaine a Republican again? Hope so! Poliquin and Raye are going to blast each other to smithereens, all Blaine has to do is get on the ballot and act friendly :-)
02-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Thrasybulus

Do you think there is enough voters out there that are tired of the whitewash of Snowden/NSA, the Ukraine/State Department conversation and then actually go to the polls? I'm Thinking not yet, unfortunately as I always think, will Americans always be so superficial to not care?

It was just rhetorical, I know, when they are out of beer and there is no gas to go to the next town
02-26-2014, 03:49 PM
There are never more than 12% of any populace "awake" at any time - the trick is to get under a big banner and attract that 12% to the sleepwalkers who vote by party alone.
02-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Why 12%?
02-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Please explain the "12%." The largest bloc of voter registrations in Maine are the unenrolled at 38% followed by 34% Democrat and 27% Republican. Or, give or take a decimal point, do you mean the 12% gap between the total registered Republicans and the total registered unenrolled.
03-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Every in depth poll ever taken indicates a TOP of 12% favor the precepts of the original classical liberal/libertarian constitutional order. Everybody else is hostage to some variant of the Welfare State. And 12% is a hypothetical - if a strict constitutionalist came into power, once those policies began to be implemented, that number would shrink.
03-02-2014, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 09:26 AM by Roger Ek.)
12% is about 1/8. It's like the old adage; One eighth of the fishermen catch 7/8 of the fish.

Congregational Minister reports about Blaine Richardson:
"That is why I am excited to let you know that this Wednesday, February 26th my wife and I are going to be heading to Washington D.C. to celebrate the achievements of this movement as well as meet with some of leading voices in the call for smaller government, including Senator Rand Paul, Senator Mike Lee and Senator Ted Cruz."

Oh my. What if he decided to run for the U. S. Senate?