Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bees
02-17-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Bees
Well Polguy, the wife is all ready to sign up. My schedule is kind of crazy (very early mornings lead to an early bedtime) so not sure if I can attend class, but I noticed they had some youtubes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Islander in addition to the resource already suggested you might want to sign up for the Merrymeeting Transition Town or Portland Permaculture on meetup.com The former has some good instructional classes when they are not gearing up for communist utopia. The latter is less political and has better classes despite the drive. They have had several classes on bees, including mason bees, various related skill builders etc.
02-17-2014, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 06:30 PM by Islander.)
Well I sure am glad I asked the question, and if I read the state website correctly we are going to need a license! Thanks to all
02-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Surprising that the bees don't need a license.
02-17-2014, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 06:57 PM by FrankLee.)
(02-17-2014 06:29 PM)Islander Wrote:  Well I sure am glad I asked the question, and if I read the state website correctly we are going to need a license! Thanks to all

Yes it is due in June $10 I believe

(02-17-2014 06:41 PM)Three Pipe Problem Wrote:  Surprising that the bees don't need a license.

The bees need approval from the FAA if they are going to fly

(02-17-2014 06:41 PM)Three Pipe Problem Wrote:  Surprising that the bees don't need a license.

The bees need approval from the FAA if they are going to fly

But if the bees voted for Obozo they are exempt
02-17-2014, 07:34 PM
(02-17-2014 03:52 PM)Islander Wrote:  Well Polguy, the wife is all ready to sign up. My schedule is kind of crazy (very early mornings lead to an early bedtime) so not sure if I can attend class, but I noticed they had some youtubes.

Terrific. It's a great hobby, and I love to watch the bees feeding on my veggies and fruit trees. They work hard. Feel free to PM me after your wife takes the course if you have questions. It would be a good idea to order bees now since it can be hard to get them later. If you get stuck, let me know.