Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maine Dept of IFW cannot MANAGE anything!
05-17-2018, 04:57 AM
Maine Dept of IFW cannot MANAGE anything!
This is in response to an article in the Bangor Daily People's Newspaper!

Moose population may be too high

......"One thing that’s likely to happen in western Maine, in one way or another, is that there’s going to be less moose than people have seen over the years,” Kantar said. “That’s either going to be a byproduct of ticks, or perhaps there will be some management actions we can take as well to try to reduce the parasite issue that we’ve been seeing there"......

One way or another he very carefully avoids discussing the fact that "parasite and host" are totally connected to each other. An increase in hosts will ALWAYS bring an increase in parasites. The tick population in Maine has swollen as the population of Turkeys, moose and deer have increased! Have to be blind not to see it. There are other factors but this connection is undeniable!

MY comments on the BDN story:

I used to "manage" a herd of beef cattle. They were on a large farm, contained on the property, within a fence. They could be managed easily as I could remove, or add to,the number of animals.....anytime I wanted to! The idea that a bunch of people, sitting in Augusta, ME can successfully "manage" the large numbers of animals, on millions of acres of wild land........is patently absurd on it's surface!

The Dept of IFW is so heavily dependent upon revenues from hunting and fishing, that it can literally think of little else. Everything they do is based upon the idea of INCREASING that revenue by whatever device they can concoct! The Moose lottery is a prime example. Revenues here are not generated on sales of licenses so much as they are the selling of "chances" to buy that license. The Maine State Lottery system should be running that scam!

The Wild Turkey Hunt. being "big game hunting" is another clever contrivance. They deliberately released these pests upon the people of Maine with little thought other than the fact that they could call it "big game" and get more revenue from the licensing. The department cannot even be honest about the fact that the Wild turkeys are good hosts for ticks, lest they say anything negative about the hunt that might have a negative impact upon it. Too bad the turkey "introduction" hadn't gone the same way the famed "caribou introduction" went, a few years back!

There is a direct relationship between "predator and prey" animals, and also between "parasite and host" critters, BOTH dependent upon the other. One would think that an enterprising reporter would be hounding the department to ask them if the rise in tick populations, a direct threat to ALL Maine citizens, was related to the increase in turkeys, moose and deer, or just coincidence! Nobody in the department will even admit that turkeys are a fine "host" for ticks, let alone discuss if THAT is causing any kind of problems for Mainers. 5 minutes on google will show you that wild turkeys are a FINE host for ticks....but you will NEVER hear that from Augusta!

As a poster said below, what they are saying publicly is exactly WHAT they are being paid to say, and nothing critical of their methods will ever see the light of day! Where do Maine people go to find honest answers to these kinds of questions....when those in charge are merely running a propaganda apparatus?

WC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2018, 05:22 PM
RE: Maine Dept of IFW cannot MANAGE anything!
I always find it that a symbol of Maine, the moose is being killed off by ticks/parasites. Progressives should take note
05-17-2018, 08:27 PM
(05-17-2018 05:22 PM)Islander Wrote:  I always find it that a symbol of Maine, the moose is being killed off by ticks/parasites. Progressives should take note

Progressives are ticks and parasites. And they are all working to kill America, one small bite and blood sucking meal at a time, tick by tick.
05-18-2018, 08:04 AM
(05-17-2018 08:27 PM)Dale Tudor Wrote:  Progressives are ticks and parasites. And they are all working to kill America, one small bite and blood sucking meal at a time, tick by tick.

Can Progressives go to Heaven?
05-18-2018, 08:39 AM
(05-18-2018 08:04 AM)Northarrow Wrote:  
(05-17-2018 08:27 PM)Dale Tudor Wrote:  Progressives are ticks and parasites. And they are all working to kill America, one small bite and blood sucking meal at a time, tick by tick.

Can Progressives go to Heaven?

Anyone can go to heaven, no matter their sins, if they repent and accept Jesus Christ as their savior. We are all sinners, each and everyone of us. And we are each destined for hell, unless we do what I said in the first sentence of this post.

Our destination is heaven or hell. One or the other. Those who can't decide and choose, instead, to sit on the fence go to hell.

The path into heaven is narrow and is well described in the Bible. Choose the narrow path. Choose Jesus Christ. Acknowledge your sins, and repent. Accept Jesus as your savior.

It is exceedingly simple. I urge you to do it. Your eternal life depends upon your decision. Acts won't do it. Work won't do it. Living a "good" life won't do it. Only acknowledging your sins, repenting and accepting Jesus as your savior (He paid the price of a horrific death on the cross...just for your sins) will get the job done.

Heaven or hell. The choice is yours. And the results of your choice are eternal.