Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More wasteful spending by our MDOT
12-09-2017, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 08:21 AM by Moving Forward.)
More wasteful spending by our MDOT
Have you noticed the fairly recent spending spree by our MDOT? It's now on display all along I-295 in both directions...

[Image: 120917%20018_zpsktl2h8cp.jpg]

It appears the state has purchased a large number of these portable message boards, and they've recently been placed on newly designed/built dirt platforms... why did they do this?

Is the state liable when the first attorney from New Jersey or New York goes off the road this winter and hits one of those signs?

How much did they spend on all of these new signs?

How much did they spend on the design and construction of those dirt platforms?

Was this use of our tax dollars mandated by the Feds?

Why are they allowed to post stupid messages?

How much did the MDOT staffers get paid to create the latest corny message now posted all along I-295?
Watch Your Speed
Only Reindeer Can Fly

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: More wasteful spending by our MDOT
I have seen them with these signs, for several years now, and it is fun to watch the kids with new toys.

I always wished that I could access them as I would "program" them with some cute little signage of my own creation.

Probably spent a half a mil of the last "bond issue" on several hundred of these!

WC
12-09-2017, 03:58 PM
These message boards are also used on construction/work sites along the highway.

If these messages can slow down traffic and prevent more crashes on 295, more power to it.

Utilizing a resource like this for more than one purpose actually seems cost effective to me.
12-10-2017, 08:20 AM
(12-09-2017 03:58 PM)BlueJay Wrote:  These message boards are also used on construction/work sites along the highway.

If these messages can slow down traffic and prevent more crashes on 295, more power to it.

Utilizing a resource like this for more than one purpose actually seems cost effective to me.

I agree completely with your points, BlueJay, but this just looks excessive... especially since many of them are just sitting there idle and not being used. In some cases now on I-295, you can't go 3 miles without seeing multiple message boards like this. It looks like another wasteful spending spree of our tax dollars by the MDOT to me, but maybe they were mandated by the Federal DOT folks.

-----------
Support the Right.
12-10-2017, 10:35 AM
The old flashing warning speed limit signs were a joke.
They didn't come on until the storm was half done, and kept flashing after the pavement was dry.
Anyone that can't drive without these signs shouldn't be driving IMHO.

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
12-10-2017, 01:11 PM
....."but maybe they were mandated by the Federal DOT folks".....

Oh you mean like maybe the manufacturer of these cute little signs might just OWN a US Senator or two....that managed to get some law passed that primed the money pump?

Nah....not in America!

WC
12-10-2017, 02:31 PM
(12-10-2017 01:11 PM)woodcanoe Wrote:  ....."but maybe they were mandated by the Federal DOT folks".....

Oh you mean like maybe the manufacturer of these cute little signs might just OWN a US Senator or two....that managed to get some law passed that primed the money pump?

Nah....not in America!

WC

LOL...

-----------
Support the Right.
12-11-2017, 09:54 PM
Lame and wasteful, saw similar on I95 in Bangor under the flight path, both ways, Santa was out there giving flight instructions.