Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
lance is married to BDN
12-04-2017, 06:15 PM
lance is married to BDN
http://lancedutson.bangordailynews.com/2...nd-checks/

Read the comments section of the BDN article above. Reads like a death by a thousand cuts for lance or is it dance….or is it lance, wets his pants? dutson is a rino.

Dutson is incapable of understanding that if you outlaw ‘guns’ you cannot control the black market, and you can buy any gun you want regardless of those who reason with emotion instead of logic. Can you spell Chicago?

We had the war on poverty, a failed social program invented by liberal democrats...and the failed war on drugs which continues today.

Heroin is outlawed, not legal….street sales are up big time in Maine. How did that work out?

I know! Lets out law guns for everybody, outlaw them bad guns. Did I mention that gun management program embraced by the liberal democrats called….”Fast and Furious”? Hello?

“Don’t bother to try to reason with unreasonable people”.

Go away lance….go far away.

Either that or keep writing that senseless tripe for the Bad Daily News (BDN) to remind us of your inability to process accurately, and give us an opportunity to bring public attention to your mental impairment in the comment section.

Do another one lance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2017, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 06:40 PM by woodcanoe.)
RE: lance is married to BDN
I was just reading his "masturbatory fantasy" in the ol BDN.....and commenting on it. I agree with you he got shelled in the comments and deservedly so. I just authored this little piece, not sure how long it wills stay up!

Comment to BDN story:

This is how Mr Dutson is described:

......"a principal of Red Hill Strategies, is a Republican communications consultant. He has served on the campaign teams of U.S. Sens. Susan Collins and Kelly Ayotte, as well as the Maine Republican Party".......

It left out a very important bit about him. Mr Dutson is the owner of the conservative Maine Blog "As Maine Goes". He fancies himself as "conservative" which he is about as much as the GOPe in DC is "conservative"!

AMG was started by Scott Fish, in the 90's and was a valuable asset to many of us around the state who wanted to keep up on Agusta issues and share our thoughts on topics of the day. It was well run, for many years. Eventually Scott took a job in Augusta and had to give AMG up. I am sure that Scott had put a lot of his own money and time into AMG and understood when he gave it up. It was offline and out business for a time. Eventually Mr Dutson came along and bought it. Rumor has it that the sale price was $10,000 and that Susan Collins gave him the money or helped him buy it....in order to shut down the consant complaints made about her being a RINO (GOPe) on AMG. He was well known as he had worked for her.

From the beginning of the "new" AMG under Dutson's tutelage he let it be known that he fancied himself the smartest Republican in Maine and was going to show
the rest of us how it was done. As many have pointed out he is far from "conservative" in any sense of the word and is much more a part of the Repulican establishment which has run things in DC for many years, and is a foe of President Trump in particular!

Over the several years he has owned it he has managed to "throw off" a number of us who would give voice to ideas which he didn't like. And like a true leftist, or establishment GOPe, he would shut us up by making us not welcome. It was obvious from the start that Collins was above any criticism on his blog.

Of course AMG is his blog and he can run it anyway he wants. It's his money. However I think that anyone who trys to silence debate of ideas, by shutting down the voices of those he disagrees with......is a very shallow minded person. Spirited debate is fundemental to America.

Dutson is NOT a fan of free speech, in fact he completely despises speech about certain issues that he does NOT like. I believe very strongly with the idea of free speech and would actively defend the right of every American to say his piece, even if I vehemently disagreed with it. Dutson is NOT one of us in that regard.

I strongly believe that display of the confederate flag is very much an issue of "free speech". Dutson does NOT believe that any American should ever be able to say that, or to display the symbol! I have a "cached copy" of AMG (which I would share) where he said just that, and used some terribly filthy, and demeaning, language to several of us one memorable night a few years back. He thinks that only HIS ideas are suitable and open, for debate!

I think his attitude is unamerican! And it's sure not conservative!

If he was a "real conservative" the BDN would never run his garbage!

He is a POS!

WC

Some comments under his BS in the BDN:

....."Lance Dutson is not a Conservative by a long shot. This hit piece just further defines that. An example of a self licking Lilly pop"......

......"As usual your political Hacktivism is showing Lance. There is no about face, these are all comments he made last year in support of NOT expanding background checks. We all said this last year, there is no good reason to expand a system that is broke, underfunded, and %97 of the time falsely stops sales to perfectly legal citizens".....

HACKTIVISM????

Gotta love that!

......"Dutson can barely contain his contempt for those who still believe that we have a constitution, while providing confirmation to those who say that there is no difference between the two major political parties".....

....."Once again Lance Dutson writes a piece full of delusions and the BDN thinks Dutson's delusions are somehow news worthy"......

....."Most intellectually dishonest OpEd printed in the BDN - Almost beats Jimmy Kimmel".......

Hahahahaha! What a "maroon"! We have finally met someone who is dumber than Kaeperdick is!

WC
12-07-2017, 08:49 AM
Payback.
12-07-2017, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 08:56 AM by Auntie Republicrat.)
woodcanone posted: "....Dutson is NOT a fan of free speech, in fact he completely despises speech about certain issues that he does NOT like. I believe very strongly with the idea of free speech and would actively defend the right of every American to say his piece, even if I vehemently disagreed with it. Dutson is NOT one of us in that regard...."

Huh
...i don't know anything about dutson...does he ban people from his site?...

...i believe 'scott fish'/amg banned several posters who exposed his ignoramus pet republicans as numbskulls...it was ok with fish to badmouth the democrats but badmouthing his goddamned fool monetary ignoramus, warmongering republicans got you banned...word..

...tmc is much much more fair/consistent/honest than the old stinking phony amg!!...
12-07-2017, 06:37 PM
Lance spoke and the people responded: with comments to the BDN....lots of comments

Steve McNultry •
Mr. Dutson has made a laughable arguement. Does he really not understand the difference between enforcing existing federal law and fighting an out of state law that would have turned good Mainers into criminals for loaning their best friend a shot gun for the week end?

Alan Ellis Jr. •
Dunston is deranged,no he does not understand.

Kevin GrantSr
You do a very fine job painting a picture that suits your needs for your article. Whether you choose to believe it or not, many of us who support the Second Amendment to the Constitution have been quite vocal on the fact that we do not need more laws when the existing ones don't work. Why don't they work, you ask? For the very reasons you stated in your article as a quote from Governor LePage. They aren't enforced or the data used is either incorrectly reported or not reported at all.

Vernon C Haynes •
Works at Building a New Life
I recall D- Emily Cain in a campaign photo op a few years back decked out in blaze orange and sporting a shotgun she looked incredibly uncomfortable with.
That reminded me of the time Democratic presidential candidate Michael Dukakis sporting a flak jacket of some sort rode foolishly into a press conference in a tank.
It’s really dumb of a politician to look so out of place as those two.
A review of background check procedures in light of the revelation that they failed recently in a Texas church mass shooting only makes sense. After all, the laws in place were ignored.
Lance no one wants to hand a nut a gun.

ew Perez Sr

Dutson never had a firm grip on reality but he's really crossed the line into the surreal with this piece. He is reporting his fantasies as fact.

Bill MacDonald •
e author of this article has done a fantastic job proving their ignorance of firearms laws.
As a result, further proved how grossly misunderstood the 'background check' system really is.

Get your facts straight, Lance. THEN you can lecture the great people of this state about how we nees more government intervention in our lives.

Jon Hinck •
I'm fine with this piece but one small point, please try to describe some scenario in which "aircraft carriers and nuclear weapons" are useful in putting down an insurrection of armed citizens. Okay, I can see an aircraft carried moving troops from the Gulf of Mexico to the Port of Virginia but what the hell would you do with a nuclear weapon? Drop 'em or we detonate!?

Albert Ross
During New York Draft riots of 1863 the US Army fired artillery on the rioters and the Navy had a battle ship deployed to cover Wall st with its guns in case the rioters tried to attack the banks there.

Jay Ellingsen
Lance Dutson is not a Conservative by a long shot. This hit piece just further defines that. An example of a self licking Lilly pop.

Steve McNultry •
University of Southern Maine
Diver licenses and marriage licenses are recongnized under the Constitution by all states. The right to own and carry guns for self-defense is not different. Every human has the right to defend themselves and this right should apply to what ever state you happen to be in.

Steve McNultry •
You might want to read SCOTUS OBERGEFELL v. HODGES to confirm what I am saying. It is all about the 14th Amendment. https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/14-556...

Steve McNultry •
'Under the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, no State shall “deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” The fundamental liberties protected by this Clause include most of the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. "

Question 3, as it was written by Mr. Bloomberg's boiler room, would have shut down the LAWFUL sale of firearms in Maine. For many decades, the feds have exempted transfers incident to shipping and postal transfers from background check requirements, via well known regulations.

Dutson favored Q3 because he is a true believer in leftist causes, not because he has applied logic to the situation. LePage, for all his emotional lability, actually understands the difference between a system that can work if the government does what it is PAID to

Al Kinkade
Dutson can barely contain his contempt for those who still believe that we have a constitution, while providing confirmation to those who say that there is no difference between the two major political parties.
Nathan Pitts
This is how Mr Dutson is described:

......"a principal of Red Hill Strategies, is a Republican communications consultant. He has served on the campaign teams of U.S. Sens. Susan Collins and Kelly Ayotte, as well as the Maine Republican Party".......

It left out a very important bit about him. Mr Dutson is the owner of the conservative Maine Blog "As Maine Goes". He fancies himself as "conservative" which he is about as much as the GOPe in DC is "conservative"!

AMG was started by Scott Fish, in the 90's and was a valuable asset to many of us around the state who wanted to keep up on Agust...See

Bruce Ashmore •
As usual your political Hacktivism is showing Lance. There is no about face, these are all comments he made last year in support of NOT expanding background checks. We all said this last year, there is no good reason to expand a system that is broke, underfunded, and %97 of the time falsely stops sales to perfectly legal citizens.

Roger Morneault •
Master Plumber at PROFESSIONAL PLUMBING SOLUTIONS
You my friend are a true fabulist! What deftness you have in applying your twisted logic to sound like sane advice! Your little article was so ridiculous it was almost funny. The brutally sad truth is you definitely believe the nonsense you wrote. That is what scares me.

Steve Crouse
Lepage, like many of us peaceful, law abiding gun owners don't feel that there is any need for expanded gun purchase background checks.
He, and we also wonder at the federal government's lack of prosecution for the 80,000 attempts to illegally buy guns of which only 44 prosecutions were made.
Enforce the laws on the books now before adding more laws to for them to ignore.

Richard Whiting
And the BDN wants us to PAY for this drivel? As many have stated before me; Governor LePage was merely expressing the opinion held by honest gun owners everywhere; enforce the laws which we have and there will be no need to pass new ones.

Les Gibson
Once again Lance Dutson writes a piece full of delusions and the BDN thinks Dutson's delusions are somehow news worthy.

Kimberly Morin
You aren't the brightest bulb are you?

Amos Herrera
You may also want to look up the phrase , "out of context".
Amos Herrera
You may want to look up the meaning of the word unfettered.

Paul Mattson •
Owner at Maine CWP Training
Most intellectually dishonest OpEd printed in the BDN - Almost beats Jimmy Kimmel.

“The best-kept secret is that the National Instant Check System wouldn’t exist at all if it weren’t for the NRA,” It’s true. Back in the ‘90s, President Clinton forced passage of a mandatory waiting period on every handgun purchase in America. Not a background check — a wait.

“But NRA said as soon as the technology was available, their wait had to be replaced by an instant background check, done by the dealer, at the point of sale,” LaPierre said. “NRA supported it, NRA got the votes and NRA got it passed.”
12-07-2017, 10:45 PM
(12-07-2017 08:53 AM)Auntie Republicrat Wrote:  woodcanone posted: "....Dutson is NOT a fan of free speech, in fact he completely despises speech about certain issues that he does NOT like. I believe very strongly with the idea of free speech and would actively defend the right of every American to say his piece, even if I vehemently disagreed with it. Dutson is NOT one of us in that regard...."

Huh
...i don't know anything about dutson...does he ban people from his site?...

...i believe 'scott fish'/amg banned several posters who exposed his ignoramus pet republicans as numbskulls...it was ok with fish to badmouth the democrats but badmouthing his goddamned fool monetary ignoramus, warmongering republicans got you banned...word..

...tmc is much much more fair/consistent/honest than the old stinking phony amg!!...

Auntie, Dutson has banned a number of folks from AMG including me and Dale Tudor...on the same night! For the same offense...us daring to say that we thought that display of the confederate flag was a "free speech" issue which I certainly believe it is!

I have always thought that "free speech"meant that you had the right to speak YOUR piece and others had a chance to speak theirs and, no matter how repugnant YOU might find what they said...you would defend their right to do so.

AMG belongs to doofus and he therefore has the right to decide who and what is posted there, and to remove anyone he wants. But it's hard to bill yourself as the place to debate "ideas" when you ban ideas, and the posters of them, because you don't like the ideas.

TMC is outstanding for the FOS. I said to Bob one time that I thought this was great as if you don't like what somebody says.....don't read it or pay attention to any of it! TMC is unique in that regard, sadly more don't realize it!

Scott Fish also banned a few people too. Not sure just who but there were some that he tried to warn to tone things down and they didn't so they went. Several of us, on the old AMG, were serious critics of Susan Collins. I used to wonder just how close we were to being tossed overboard sometimes! But Dutson used to work for Susi and word has it that she gave money to help buy it if he would shut down that criticism of her on AMG. Stranger things have happened!

If I were running a blog it would be like TMC.....just a soapbox on the street corner for anyone so inclined! That is the essence of free speech!

PS Auntie, I think most of the political leadership in the United States is corrupt beyond redemption. Much of the current leadership in DC should be hung, and would be if the founders were around! Most all of them totally disgust me! Very few are interested in what is best for the future of our Constitutional Republic!

WC