Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Posting Images
02-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Posting Images
Just wondering if there is a way to post pictures or images directly to a post or reply? Have not witnessed any so far so just asking the question.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Posting Images
cupfactor, you need to use "new reply" instead of "quick reply". then you should see an insert image button in the toolbar. i have not tried it yet.
02-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Like this?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-02-2014, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 10:42 PM by Three Pipe Problem.)
[Image: anigif_enhanced_buzz_26006_1363969461_1.jpg]

My image went directly in, not as an attachment... wonder what we did differently?
02-02-2014, 10:14 PM
You do know your's isn't displaying, right?
At least not for me.

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
02-02-2014, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 10:49 PM by Three Pipe Problem.)
Ah, my mistake Ugene. I think I fixed it. But the above is a bad example, because postimg.org won't let me embed the full size image for an animated gif.

cupfactor, I think you must have been using the "Attachment" feature located below the writing/editing area. You want the insert image feature which is one of the pictorial toolbar buttons located *above* the writing/editing area.

Of course you need to use a 3rd party image hosting service. I use postimg.org. Are you seeing an "attack goose" image full size below?

[Image: attack_goose.jpg]
02-03-2014, 07:06 AM
3P
You are correct. I was using the add attachment. I will have to try the 3rd party image hosting service as your goose picture comes through with great detail. I also noticed the add attachment function limits the file size to 500 KB. Did you notice a similar file size limit with the insert image function?
02-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Such a limit would not be imposed by this forum software if the images are being hosted remotely.

However, postimg treats large images differently.... thus the animated GIF above which is 4.5MB can only be accessed via a thumbnail, whereas I was given a "direct" link for the attack goose, which is smaller.
02-03-2014, 10:27 AM
[Image: greekpep1.jpg]

Not sure if I'm doing this right.
02-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Looks like you got it.