Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Judgment Day for Public Unions
09-29-2017, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2017 05:57 AM by Moving Forward.)
HOT off the press, this is some very good news in our battle against Forced Unionism:

posted at https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc...ns/541449/

-----------------------

[Image: NO%20Forced%20Unionism%20%202_zpsf5etz0n8.jpg]

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2017, 06:49 AM
RE: Judgment Day for Public Unions
I read this last night on Powerline, just before bedtime. I thought you would like it immensely!

Having spent 10 years battling the teacher's union, I can tell you that I know full well how oppressive this union power has been on public education!

This is the best news I have heard in a long long time! Nobody should have his paycheck attached, for causes he does not believe in, nor wants to join.

FDR is held by many to be the "godfather" of the welfare society. He was OPPOSED totally to public employee unions...for many good reasons!

Great stuff. Here's a bit more:

......."While rich leftists are often assumed to be the main supporters of the Democratic Party, it is public sector unions that provide the lion’s share of the Democrats’ funding. They take money involuntarily from their members, a large majority of whom have never even voted on whether to be represented by a union, and many of whom disapprove of the union’s agenda, and recycle that money into left-wing causes, Democratic Party candidates, and inflated salaries for countless union officials. The entire system is the number one form of corruption in American public life".....

Powerline Blog

WC
09-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Great news indeed, public unions are nothing more than slush funds for the DNC
09-30-2017, 07:23 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Judgment Day for Public Unions
Thanks for posting the link to that blog, as it looks like it has some great info on there. I had never heard of that site before.

As for this SCOTUS case, it would be great to see them rule against Forced Unionism in the public sector. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this until the case is actually heard by our SCOTUS and the decision is announced next summer. Thumbs_up

BTW, thank you for supporting this fight against Forced Unionism!

(09-29-2017 06:49 AM)woodcanoe Wrote:  I read this last night on Powerline, just before bedtime. I thought you would like it immensely!

Having spent 10 years battling the teacher's union, I can tell you that I know full well how oppressive this union power has been on public education!

This is the best news I have heard in a long long time! Nobody should have his paycheck attached, for causes he does not believe in, nor wants to join.

FDR is held by many to be the "godfather" of the welfare society. He was OPPOSED totally to public employee unions...for many good reasons!

Great stuff. Here's a bit more:

......."While rich leftists are often assumed to be the main supporters of the Democratic Party, it is public sector unions that provide the lion’s share of the Democrats’ funding. They take money involuntarily from their members, a large majority of whom have never even voted on whether to be represented by a union, and many of whom disapprove of the union’s agenda, and recycle that money into left-wing causes, Democratic Party candidates, and inflated salaries for countless union officials. The entire system is the number one form of corruption in American public life".....

Powerline Blog

WC

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
09-30-2017, 07:10 PM
I have been reading Powerline since their early days around 2004. John Hinderaker is the main guy but the others have been there right along. Hinderaker's columns are often given national exposure in several places. The main writers are four lawyers, some active and some sort of retired. You get a pretty good in depth look at the various issues. I sometimes think the "lawyer" inside some of them is too much for their own good, and don't have a problem pointing that out now and then. There are a number of real good commentors who have posted there for a long time also. There are the trolls but they get logical arguments re their stuff....which they don't like too well but I think is pretty good anyway.

But they usually get to the bottom of most issues and are NOT afraid to do lots of research re what they write about. I think it is a pretty good blog by the standards of today!

Glad you liked it as much as I do.

WC