Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HALF OF MAINE STUDENTS MEET ACADEMIC STANDARDS
09-28-2017, 06:29 AM
HALF OF MAINE STUDENTS MEET ACADEMIC STANDARDS
Well, it looks to me like maybe half of the Maine students meet the state expectations for academic performance....See below. 62% of Maine students did not meet the academic standards for Math...anybody want to celebrate?
What do YOU do when 50% of your efforts in ANY endeavor result in failure? Something is very very broken with our educational system which is guided by broken administrations. Maybe I am missing something......don't think so.

https://mainedoenews.net/category/news-v...-releases/

“I am encouraged with how well our students are performing. In 2016-17, students were assessed for the second time on the rigorous standards Maine adopted in 2011 and while participation rates remained high, students showed consistent improvement,” said Robert G. Hasson, Jr., Maine Department of Education Commissioner. “This is a true testament to the hard work and determination of our students and their teachers.”

• In ELA/Literacy 52.58% of Maine students scored at or above state expectations – a notable improvement over 50.58% in 2015-16.
• In Mathematics 38.54% of Maine students scored at or above state expectations – a slight improvement over 38.31% in 2015-16.
• In Science 61.07% of Maine students scored at or above state expectations – a slight improvement over 60.97% in 2015-16.
Well, it looks to me like maybe half of the Maine students meet the state expectations for academic performance. What do YOU do when 50% of your efforts in ANY endeavor result in failure?

The public results can be viewed by school or district and by subgroups, including grade level groups, in the MAARS Public Reports system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2017, 07:03 AM
RE: HALF OF MAINE STUDENTS MEET ACADEMIC STANDARDS
But do they know which bathroom to use? Or you can thank a union member.
11-19-2017, 06:17 AM
Maine Schools Claim They Need More Time

Thay have had a head start on time starting around the Industrial Revolution when the model of education they use was brought over from Gemany.

Quote:"Then they will say to the mountains, ‘Fall on us!' And to the hills, ‘Cover us!' If men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?" Book of Luke
11-19-2017, 06:56 AM
At least they did not say they needed more money...
11-20-2017, 06:39 AM
......"At least they did not say they needed more money".......

Yeah, during the decade I sat on the local school board THIS was always a constant refrain! More money would be promised as the remedy to all problems.

Teacher's unions are truly vile, not that the local teachers themselves are but the state and national leadership of these outfits are right in the liberal tank on every subject. Public employees should NOT be unionized as the bargaining is not fair to the taxpayers.

The United Auto Workers bargain with the auto companies who are bargaining with their OWN money. Public employee unions however are bargaining with politicians that they elected, and who are spending other people's money.

This has been totally out of control for at least 30 years.

Another sad topic is that rather than teaching necessary things like math, english, civics and other subjects requiring thinking skills, they spend all the time preaching the leftist agenda to young folks with impressionable minds, and parents who do not understand what is going on.

My dad, who was a long time public school administrator for most of his life believed that the public schools should be completely abandoned and we should start over!

I agree!

WC
11-20-2017, 07:00 AM
That is why they do not like charter schools or home schooling, no money. It is not the noble job it used to be but now it is a place of social engineering
11-20-2017, 07:31 AM
If you said that it is ALL about the $$$$.....and liberal indoctrination.....you would not be too far off the mark!

WC