Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is there about "The right to bear arms" you don't understand?
09-19-2017, 09:29 PM
RE: What is there about "The right to bear arms" you don't understand?
Excellent video/song, thanks. Hadn't heard it. Will likely track down the cd for play in my truck. At 3:26 the video changes to a symbol that I'm sure will send snowflakes cringing into their safe space, and could actually cause a seizure in some guy who runs a Maine website that I used to post within.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2017, 06:59 AM
(09-19-2017 09:29 PM)Dale Tudor Wrote:  Excellent video/song, thanks. Hadn't heard it. Will likely track down the cd for play in my truck. At 3:26 the video changes to a symbol that I'm sure will send snowflakes cringing into their safe space, and could actually cause a seizure in some guy who runs a Maine website that I used to post within.

That must be the reason that YouTube posted the warning about. I didn't know it was in there as I didn't watch the video in the link. I hope it doesn't trigger anyone here. I was watching them in concert on TV last night, and when they started playing that song, I just wanted to share it so I found it on the web and linked it to this thread. I spent 3 years in the South, it doesn't bother me that they are proud of their heritage and history.
09-20-2017, 07:08 AM
I was I invited one time to view the message sent by management of another website to one, Dale Tudor.
Never met this Tudor, could be a phony alias for all I know. (pun intended). What is not phony was the removal of Mr. “Tudor” from AMG per the invitation below:

“Hey Dale-
Guess what? You are an unabashed wretched POS for holding these views. I won't have disgusting moral perverts like you taking up the bandwidth I provide for free.
I hope you enjoyed your time at AMG, it is now over.
Good luck,
THE MANAGEMENT"

So, for this poster; amg is also……”a Maine website that I used to post within.”
09-20-2017, 07:09 AM
The commentary beneath the You Tube video is pretty compelling. I think lots of us think that message was idiocy.

If I watch something and don't like it.....I just turn it off or go to something else.

Nothing in the first amendment says one must NOT say something....if it offends anyone else. In fact the real meaning of Amendment one is the exact opposite of that!

WC
09-20-2017, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2017 08:14 AM by John Smith.)
I don't expect to get thrown off this forum for linking the "God and Guns" song on TMC, but I dare anyone that still posts on AMG to post it there where views and speech are suppressed. That would surely make Wet His Pants Lance moisten his drawers.
09-20-2017, 09:38 AM
(09-20-2017 07:25 AM)John Smith Wrote:  I don't expect to get thrown off this forum for linking the "God and Guns" song on TMC, but I dare anyone that still posts on AMG to post it there where views and speech are suppressed. That would surely make Wet His Pants Lance moisten his drawers.
AMG is on permanent ignore status. I don't go there, don't read it, and pay no attention to it. The general saying used to be (in elections), "As Maine goes, so goes the nation." If Maine (and America) now go the "As Maine goes" way, then both Maine and America are doomed. I pray this is not the case, and that sane minds will prevail, minds that know, understand, respect, and learn from history.
09-30-2017, 07:02 AM
Hero in Tennessee church shooting proves guns could reduce crime, expert says.

Robert Caleb Engle, 22, did what few would under the circumstances. Though unarmed, he confronted a gunman who randomly opened fire during Sunday services at Nashville's Burnette Chapel Church of Christ.

As the two struggled, the gunman pistol-whipped Engle, then wounded himself in the chest, giving time for Engle, who has a right to carry permit, to run outside and fetch his own weapon.

Take your pick…..I choose to carry.

A. About 16.4 million Americans, like Engle, have the right to carry firearms publicly. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," says that fact contributes to lower crime rates.
"The states that have had the biggest increase in concealed carry permits have had the biggest relative drops in violent crime and murder,” Lott told Fox News. "For each additional percent increase that you have in concealed carry permits, you have about 1 half percent drop in murder rates."
B. “A 2004 National Academy of Sciences study found “no credible evidence that the passage of right-to-carry laws decreases or increases violent crime."
C. “A more recent paper by Stanford University Law Professor John Donohue finds concealed carry, "substantially elevates violent crime rates, but seems to have no impact on property crime and murder rates."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/...-says.html
09-30-2017, 07:01 PM
Carrying a gun causes the odds to shift dramatically in favor of YOU not being a "statistic".

I don't carry while working on farming or construction, especially in the summer as it just does not work well for me. But I usually have one in the truck close by just in case. But going even to Bangor now is a risk. All you have to do is to drive through some neighborhoods and you can see the "trouble waiting to happen".

And something else that I have noticed is going on and I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. The incidents of "road rage" are rising rapidly as the growing uncivilized behavior is taking to the highways. I have heard of incidents involving fists and so on. My wife and I had a guy lock his brakes on and force us to stop right in the middle of Dover Foxcroft a couple of years back. I don't know what his intent was but he would have been surprised if he had tried to grab either of us!

The world is going to hell and YOU have to be responsible for your own safety these days!

WC
09-30-2017, 07:47 PM
Carrying a gun causes the odds to shift dramatically in favor of YOU not being a "statistic".

I don't carry while working on farming or construction, especially in the summer as it just does not work well for me.

IF….THEN:

Try this….IF you “don’t carry while working on farming or construction…..THEN the odds cannot shift in favor of you not being a statistic….during the time you are farming or constructing.

In the words of the apex predator….I will wait until you are farming,.....why should I let your failure to plan result in a problem for me???? BLAM!!! I take what is yours.

I carry alla time. 380.
I wasn't carrying in the school but now....obscure holster with 380...then if caught....well, it is easier to obtain forgiveness than permission so.....pardon me.

Hoo RAAA!!
10-01-2017, 08:09 AM
(09-30-2017 07:47 PM)spider Wrote:  Carrying a gun causes the odds to shift dramatically in favor of YOU not being a "statistic".

I don't carry while working on farming or construction, especially in the summer as it just does not work well for me.

IF….THEN:

Try this….IF you “don’t carry while working on farming or construction…..THEN the odds cannot shift in favor of you not being a statistic….during the time you are farming or constructing.

In the words of the apex predator….I will wait until you are farming,.....why should I let your failure to plan result in a problem for me???? BLAM!!! I take what is yours.

I carry alla time. 380.
I wasn't carrying in the school but now....obscure holster with 380...then if caught....well, it is easier to obtain forgiveness than permission so.....pardon me.

Hoo RAAA!!

I hear what you are saying and those are good points you made. It is a choice I make on a day to day basis, depending upon the spot I am working in. Most all places I work are remote with virtually nobody around.

If I were working in the city of Bangor I would probably carry an AK over my shoulder.

WC