Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maine Representative threatens to KILL Trump!
07-14-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: Maine Representative threatens to KILL Trump!
Keep looking, hope springs eternal. I have yet to meet a liberal/progressive who A. does not want to have government take care of them in some fashion. B. who does not want to control my life (from light bulbs to the car I drive) and C. there are not enough laws to punish those who do not comply.
Anyone who thinks government is the answer has a serious problem, IMO. The problem is that government never solves anything, and when it comes to business regulations it is never, ever enough (at least in the commercial fishing industry)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2017, 12:34 PM
(07-14-2017 12:17 PM)Islander Wrote:  Keep looking, hope springs eternal. I have yet to meet a liberal/progressive who A. does not want to have government take care of them in some fashion. B. who does not want to control my life (from light bulbs to the car I drive) and C. there are not enough laws to punish those who do not comply.
Anyone who thinks government is the answer has a serious problem, IMO. The problem is that government never solves anything, and when it comes to business regulations it is never, ever enough (at least in the commercial fishing industry)

I can't argue with any of that! I am not up on my bible reading, but there must be a good reason God gave us ticks, black flies, deer flies, leaches and liberals? Maybe somehow by constantly struggling against them, they keep us strong like wind on trees. Maybe Dale can point to the reason that we are not all conservatives.
07-14-2017, 04:37 PM
UPDATE:

It turns out that Gideon did not cut off Hamann's pay even though she removed him from two committees.

This means he'll be paid for doing no work. What kind of consequence is that?
07-14-2017, 07:29 PM
(07-14-2017 12:34 PM)John Smith Wrote:  
(07-14-2017 12:17 PM)Islander Wrote:  Keep looking, hope springs eternal. I have yet to meet a liberal/progressive who A. does not want to have government take care of them in some fashion. B. who does not want to control my life (from light bulbs to the car I drive) and C. there are not enough laws to punish those who do not comply.

I can't argue with any of that! I am not up on my bible reading, but there must be a good reason God gave us ticks, black flies, deer flies, leaches and liberals? Maybe somehow by constantly struggling against them, they keep us strong like wind on trees. Maybe Dale can point to the reason that we are not all conservatives.

We are not all conservatives because God gave us free choice. We get to make decisions about our lives, what we do, how we think, etc.

Ticks, black flies, etc...all the "bad" things in life that we experience are a direct result of Adam and Eve turning their back on God's will and instructions: the consequence is that we live in a fallen world. All of the bad things we experience are part of that fallen world state or process.

Adam and Eve originally did not need clothes or mosquito repellant. That came after they disobeyed the one rule God made for them. And you and I and everyone else are living with the consequences. Actions have consequences. Some consequences are eternal.

The consequence of accepting Jesus Christ as your savior is eternal life in the presence of God. The consequence of rejecting Christ is eternal life in hell, removed forever from the presence of God.
07-20-2017, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2017 07:17 AM by Auntie Republicrat.)
...lol!...the republican-radio fools are going nuts! on the george hale/bradley buck show this morning (WVOMit)...

...i have to laugh at the goddamned republican fools who didn't say squat when their loud fool governor, lepage, called the democrat idiot ?drew gattine a 'c@cksucker' and threatened to shoot him between the eyes!...

...but THIS!..THIS is just too far!...hamann should go immediately!, the republicreeps squeal!..Rolleyes

...republicans and democrats!...UGH!..Angry

...and dale, shaddup about 'christianity'...YOU, a cheerleader/apologist for all kinds of filth/murder that your stinking republicans perpetrate, are hardly in a position to counsel ANYONE about 'morality,' jesus, etc..
07-29-2017, 03:25 AM
Well we could just follow the money. I read that "Total Government and personal debt in the US has hit 41 TRILLION dollars. That is 329,961.34 dollars per household. In 1981 it was 3 Trillion and 38,552 per household.

If we want to make an analogy Where's Jesus and his whip chasing the money lenders from the temple?