Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maine Representative threatens to KILL Trump!
07-13-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: Maine Representative threatens to KILL Trump!
(07-13-2017 12:58 PM)Dale Tudor Wrote:  When a fool is give leniency, which is what you are recommending, then the fool does not learn. No learning, no change. If he repents, which would be evident by future words and actions, resulting in a true change of heart, then forgiveness may be offered. Even with forgiveness, though, actions have lasting consequences. We all suffer consequences for decisions we've made, and actions we have taken. So should he...that is how many folks learn.

Dale do you believe that if somebody threatens the president that they must be punished no matter the circumstances even if they apologize and there can be no exceptions?
If so, why is it that there are people that have threatened the president, but have not been punished?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but shouldn't it be one way or the other. Everyone is punished or no one is punished. If we excuse others, then why shouldn't this man get a break? What about the insane? Where is the line and who draws it? Certainly if it was clear, few people would choose to cross the line much like ourselves. But, because of selective enforcement very much in view these past 20 years or so, some people are concluding that there are no laws or they don't apply to them.

How is it the Congress can pass and the President sign laws that affect the citizens, but not them? How is it that we have immigration or security of classified documents laws that are not enforced or selectively enforced? There are countless examples recently, so many you would need a database to keep track of them, but that's the idea.

I am not worried about you or I, but I am afraid that with the obvious law breaking going on in all levels of government that we are a long way down the slippery slope and some citizens now feel that we no longer are a nation of laws. So someone like this guy who is stressed, might of had a bad week and spouts off like he has seen many others get away with. He was wrong, but how can we fully hold him accountable when we are willing to look the other way for such things like Fast & Furious, Benghazi, illegal servers, deal making and the destruction of evidence? The Border Wall law was passed long ago, but not funded. There are so many big fish that should be frying that holding a small fry to the fire seems unsatisfying.

I understand that aspect of human nature that resists solving big problems because it's difficult and tackles little problems because it's easy. We need to realize by doing so we can never solve the fundamental cause of all our problems. We would be better off long term if We ignore the small problem diversions and force solutions at the head of the beast.

I know you and many others here are on the right side of the law and other issues. We need to insist that our laws be enforced or changed as needed starting at the top of government first and then work back from there because it isn't solving anything jumping on the small guy and letting our elite spiral out of control.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2017, 04:03 PM
(07-13-2017 03:45 PM)John Smith Wrote:  
(07-13-2017 12:58 PM)Dale Tudor Wrote:  When a fool is give leniency, which is what you are recommending, then the fool does not learn. No learning, no change. If he repents, which would be evident by future words and actions, resulting in a true change of heart, then forgiveness may be offered. Even with forgiveness, though, actions have lasting consequences. We all suffer consequences for decisions we've made, and actions we have taken. So should he...that is how many folks learn.

Dale do you believe that if somebody threatens the president that they must be punished no matter the circumstances even if they apologize and there can be no exceptions?
If so, why is it that there are people that have threatened the president, but have not been punished?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but shouldn't it be one way or the other. Everyone is punished or no one is punished. If we excuse others, then why shouldn't this man get a break? What about the insane? Where is the line and who draws it? Certainly if it was clear, few people would choose to cross the line much like ourselves. But, because of selective enforcement very much in view these past 20 years or so, some people are concluding that there are no laws or they don't apply to them.

How is it the Congress can pass and the President sign laws that affect the citizens, but not them? How is it that we have immigration or security of classified documents laws that are not enforced or selectively enforced? There are countless examples recently, so many you would need a database to keep track of them, but that's the idea.

I am not worried about you or I, but I am afraid that with the obvious law breaking going on in all levels of government that we are a long way down the slippery slope and some citizens now feel that we no longer are a nation of laws. So someone like this guy who is stressed, might of had a bad week and spouts off like he has seen many others get away with. He was wrong, but how can we fully hold him accountable when we are willing to look the other way for such things like Fast & Furious, Benghazi, illegal servers, deal making and the destruction of evidence? The Border Wall law was passed long ago, but not funded. There are so many big fish that should be frying that holding a small fry to the fire seems unsatisfying.

I understand that aspect of human nature that resists solving big problems because it's difficult and tackles little problems because it's easy. We need to realize by doing so we can never solve the fundamental cause of all our problems. We would be better off long term if We ignore the small problem diversions and force solutions at the head of the beast.

I know you and many others here are on the right side of the law and other issues. We need to insist that our laws be enforced or changed as needed starting at the top of government first and then work back from there because it isn't solving anything jumping on the small guy and letting our elite spiral out of control.
What I believe is that actions have consequences. Not all consequences are positive. Christ calls us to love our neighbor. This democrat legislator is my neighbor, so to speak, even though he lives in Southern Maine and I live on the edge of Northern Maine. I don't need to like him, but I do need to love him. And sometimes the best love is tough love. He needs to be contrite, to come clean, to apologize, and to change his future thinking and his future actions. And he needs to suffer the consequences of threatening our duly elected president. Say stupid things, reap the results. When he stops saying stupid things, and changes his ways, he will eventually reap better results. I recommend prayer and immersing oneself in the New Testament. Jesus and the Holy Spirit will take it from there.
07-13-2017, 04:44 PM
When you love your neighbor even when he has wronged you, he is often shamed into better behavior.
07-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Ah, but to be shamed, one must have a conscience. As best as I can tell, most liberals lack that attribute. Rarely, it appears, does a liberal feel shame for what should be shameful behavior (for the rest of us). I remain hopeful for change, one person at a time. Philippians 4:13, "I can all things through Christ who strengthens me." The sooner that is realized in one's life, the sooner change happens.
07-13-2017, 10:57 PM
Buchanan calls it the Balkanization of America and it will come to full flower when the World Central Banksters lose control over their fiat currencies. Once they remove the cocaine and heroin from the economy, there will be loads of addicted people who won't be loving their neighbors, best to stick with your friends and family.
07-14-2017, 07:30 AM
(07-13-2017 08:26 PM)Dale Tudor Wrote:  Ah, but to be shamed, one must have a conscience. As best as I can tell, most liberals lack that attribute. Rarely, it appears, does a liberal feel shame for what should be shameful behavior (for the rest of us). I remain hopeful for change, one person at a time. Philippians 4:13, "I can all things through Christ who strengthens me." The sooner that is realized in one's life, the sooner change happens.

The left has done everything it could to destroy our nation's moral compass.

Moral people, which once many, if not most, Americans were, do not need many laws as their moral compass would prevent them from harming another.

But the American left, like all tyrants in history, have used the "law" to make legal all that they encourage, and to destroy all that they dislike. God fearing christians are mocked and made fun of, despite the right to practice their religious beliefs as guaranteed by amendment 1.

It is like when Alice went through the looking glass and down became up and so on.

In my lifetime our culture has become godless and adrift on a sea of corruption and depravity formerly unseen on our shores. Reminders of the history of the Roman Empire,which went to pieces the same way, are before us daily now!

It will take a while to ever right this ship again!

WC
07-14-2017, 09:39 AM
(07-13-2017 08:26 PM)Dale Tudor Wrote:  Ah, but to be shamed, one must have a conscience. As best as I can tell, most liberals lack that attribute. Rarely, it appears, does a liberal feel shame for what should be shameful behavior (for the rest of us). I remain hopeful for change, one person at a time. Philippians 4:13, "I can all things through Christ who strengthens me." The sooner that is realized in one's life, the sooner change happens.

I prefer to believe that the majority of liberals and conservatives are good. The loud minority is all we hear. When needed the silent majority from both sides can set things right.
"Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy". (Matthew 5:7)
"Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged". (Matthew 7:1)
07-14-2017, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 10:33 AM by Islander.)
Let me know when you find a good (true) Liberal, I ised to think that there were some but after Hillary lost, they have shown me their true colors. Intolerable of anyone who does not think like they do. And if they are good, then they are not allowed to be a liberal anymore, you must comply with the party, anything else and you are in trouble.
07-14-2017, 11:06 AM
This guy is facing more consequences of his stupid actions.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/...gating-...
Secret Service investigating Maine Democrat's comments about Trump

and

House speaker boots state rep from committees for anti-Trump rant

"Speaker of the House Sara Gideon, D-Freeport, said she has removed Hamann from his seats on the Health and Human Services Committee and the Marijuana Legalization Implementation Committee.

In a statement, Gideon said the three-term lawmaker’s comments were “inexcusable and unacceptable” and said his removal from the committees should stand as a lesson to other members of state government.

“I hope this consequence sends a clear signal to all members of the House of Representatives that they are expected to conduct themselves with respect at all times and in all media,” Gideon said."

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/07/14/po...s-state...
07-14-2017, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 12:00 PM by John Smith.)
(07-14-2017 10:32 AM)Islander Wrote:  Let me know when you find a good (true) Liberal, I ised to think that there were some but after Hillary lost, they have shown me their true colors. Intolerable of anyone who does not think like they do. And if they are good, then they are not allowed to be a liberal anymore, you must comply with the party, anything else and you are in trouble.

To be honest, I had to think on that quite a bit. I know so many liberals that think they are conservatives, conservatives that think they are liberals and scores of people in the middle. Most people I know don't support either party anymore. I was able to think of four liberals that were avid supporters of Clinton and Obama that I interact with on occasion. These people are normally pleasant, misguided on many issues and very upset that Trump won. I wouldn't call them hopelessly bad and believe that in a sterile environment away from the influence of the far left, they would do the right things. I believe conservatives by their nature are not easily manipulated whereas liberals are easily influenced. God made us different but neither good or bad for a reason. That is for us to decide. I don't personally know someone that I view as all bad, but I am sure there are some. Strangely though, there are some people in goverment I consider evil.