Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Emergency Information - Where to find?
07-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Emergency Information - Where to find?
Today right after turning onto a major highway I met two county sheriff vehicles traveling at a high rate of speed. Soon after I met an ambulance and then a fire truck. As I proceeded to my destination, I met numerous local emergency personnel heading in the same direction. After concluding business in a nearby town, I saw a state police vehicle and a second ambulance traveling at a high rate of speed in the same direction as all other vehicles. As I neared my turn to exit the highway, I noticed that the intersection that I had used previously had now been closed off and all traffic redirected.

Naturally, I wondered what was up and took to the internet to see if there was any information available. I could not find anything current and wondered what if this was a terrorist attack or some other clamity, how would people know in time to respond appropriately?

Is there a site where emergency information is available as it happens or do we still have to wait until it shows up in a daily paper?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2017, 01:00 AM
RE: Emergency Information - Where to find?
John

CB radios have gone out of fashion, now we have cell phones that you can't use while driving, that connect to only one other phone and a press that is mostly entertainment value oriented.

The sheep need not be concerned, as you so apply observed, the professionals have it all under control.
07-13-2017, 03:55 AM
RE: Emergency Information - Where to find?
You get an app for your phone that is a scanner, or some sheriff and local police have an app. I am not sure how good they are, but they do exist. Or just get a scanner