Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Democratic state representative was just arrested for DUI
06-24-2017, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2017 06:52 AM by Moving Forward.)

“Damariscotta police said they arrested Democratic Rep. Michael Devin Tuesday night.

Investigators said Devin was pulled over at about 10:30 p.m. for driving erratically. He was arrested and charged with operating under the influence.”

Source: http://www.wmtw.com/article/maine-state-...i/10202593

----------------------------------------

Best of luck to this man as he deals with the legal issues and other aspects of that very bad decision to drive while under the influence.

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2017, 04:44 PM
RE: Democratic state representative was just arrested for DUI
I saw this online in the Maine Today papers. It may have been pulled by now. Had his photo too.
06-24-2017, 05:06 PM
I think it might have been the Portland Press is where I saw it. Glad to see he was unable to (or did not) play the " don't you know who I am" card. And yup the legal aspect is going to be a real hassle for not just him but his family too. Hope learns his lesson
06-26-2017, 04:30 AM
Was he talking on his cell phone too? ; )
06-26-2017, 07:13 AM
I have sympathy for anyone who is having issues with alcohol, as I have been there myself.

That being said it is necessary to point out something. There are ALL KINDS of drugs to be "addicted to", alcohol being a huge one, besides the usual narcotics. Alcohol is every bit as addictive as Heroin is. At one time in my life I honestly did NOT think that I could live without a drink in my hand, it was my companion all day long,every day. I am grateful that I found the courage to quit! It has been many years but I have not forgotten the hold it had on me, yet!

What interests me is to see the hypocrisy when our legislative "betters" look down their noses at smokers, street narcotics addicts and others while railing about the perils of dope.

Meanwhile they are discussing this over their three martini power lunches,while enjoying the political "elites" choice of drugs.

I would venture that in the history of America that alcohol has destroyed as many lives and families as any narcotic has. I have, with my own eyes, seen alcohol kill quite a few people that I called "friend". But booze is the politically correct choice of addictive drugs thus endures sans criticism!

Hypocrisy much?

WC
06-26-2017, 09:07 AM
Bingo, a person who sells booze is just a legal drug dealer, kills just as many if not more, ruins families etc.
06-27-2017, 05:40 AM
Alcohol not only is a threat to our health because it is toxic, but leads to health threats from compromising humans ability to make good decisions.

......."Alcohol is ranked globally as the third leading cause of disease and disability, after child malnutrition and unprotected sex. In fact, because alcohol is known to reduce inhibitions, individuals are more inclined to take risks while under the influence, including engaging in unsafe sex. Further, unprotected sex while under the influence may lead to a multitude of sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, and HIV. Additionally, it’s important to know that all of these risks are exacerbated by the fact that alcohol is an addictive substance, which can increase exposure to these risks. The most critical factors with alcohol are how much is consumed (short and long-term) and the decisions a person makes after consuming. Using harm reduction strategies a person can make the choice to consume alcohol in moderation and not experience any short or long term negatives"........

More to booze than meets the eye

The problem with driving a car while impaired by alcohol is the major threat to others that you become. I cannot remember how many fatalities, of innocent folks,have been caused by OUI in my lifetime, but it's a lot.

I hope the legislator can learn from this before that kind of tragedy happens. But many don't. Maine has those cute little signs as you come into the state: "Maine has a TOUGH drinking and driving law".

BS There are numerous multiple repeat offenders still driving, and you can read it in the news all the time. Alcohol is a very common part of domestic violence situations, which are ongoing! It's not the innocent thing that the "elites"would like us to believe, as they put down those who smoke cigs and do various kinds of dope....in a bizzare "class warfare" operation.

All of this being said, I don't believe that, in a free country, that it is the proper job of government.....to tell us what WE can put into OUR bodies!

The only legitimate case you can make for that is, as the case in this incident was, that YOUR poor choice was a direct threat to the safety of others.

If you want to drink yourself to death.....or OD on Heroin, that's your choice! But this same legislative body has been talking all winter about "doing something about Overdose deaths and the opoid problem!

If somebody shoots a lethal dose of Heroin into himself HE is the only one threatened. But if you drive under the influence of booze....you are a direct threat to all of us who use the road.

So where is the REAL threat to others?

WC
06-27-2017, 06:04 AM
So, if someone shoots up, and gets behind the wheel, they're NOT a threat to others?

Nice logic.
06-27-2017, 08:49 PM
WC

Nothing worse than an ex smoker or drinker to tell us the evils of their/our ways. Or the politician who is filled with graft and self-interest as he "colludes" with his fellow thieves of how to make things best for, us, them and then gets caught in their own "trap".

Politicks takes the joy out of life where ever the bastards walk. This shit has been going on for decades and WHAT have they resolved?