• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brakey for US Senate
04-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Brakey for US Senate
http://tomwoods.com/ep-895-ron-paulian-s...-and-more/

An interview with Tom Woods and Eric Brakey
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2017, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 10:57 AM by Mike G.)
RE: Brakey for US Senate
https://ericbrakey.com/home/

Rand Paul has endorsed Brakey

Fellow Patriot,

We need to start NOW to make sure we send more principled defenders of liberty Washington DC this election cycle. I’m doing everything I can to fight for you in the United States Senate, but I need more allies in the Senate to help me.

Thankfully, Maine State Senator Eric Brakey has stepped up to the plate with a strong pro-liberty and anti-government agenda to defeat Senator King.

Now it is our time to tell Eric that we have his back as he stands up against the Kings in Washington and fights for the little guy whose voice isn’t being heard.

Eric has a proven liberty first resume—fighting for welfare reform where he led the charge to prohibit the purchase of alcohol, tobacco and lottery tickets with welfare dollars, protecting the tax dollars of hard-working Maine people.

Eric has fought to protect the 2nd Amendment in Maine where he authored and passed legislation to bring constitutional carry to his state, making sure no citizen would need a government permission slip to exercise their fundamental rights.

He also led the charge opposing corporate welfare when he stood as the lone voice in Maine against taxpayer-financed corporate loan programs and he is still leading the fight to do away with corporate welfare schemes funded by your tax dollars.

Please contribute $5, $25, $50, or $100 to send Eric to the U.S.
Senate.

While Eric’s resume standing for liberty as a State Senator is certainly impressive, I have had the pleasure to get to know him personally and see him produce real results for the liberty movement.

Just last year, Eric served as my Maine State Chairman and served the same role for my father Ron in 2012. In his time in politics, Eric has proven a principled adherence to our shared values and now we must do everything we can to help him win!

I am writing to you today because I need a partner like Eric Brakey on my team in Washington.

Will you help him get there? Contribute today!

For Liberty,

Senator Rand Paul
05-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Yup, like Eric, got Ron Paul the win in 2012 in Maine.
09-09-2017, 07:42 AM
News from the Campaign Trail
Vol 1. September 9, 2017

Dear Friend,

If you saw David and Goliath standing on the field of battle, who would you bet on?

Most people would certainly follow conventional wisdom and put their money on Goliath --- the Giant looming large on the field --- not David, the "Little Guy" in his shadow.

When most people see Goliath, they think: "He's so big, we cannot win." But when David took a long hard look at Goliath, he thought: "He's so big, I cannot miss."

And David didn't miss. Goliath came toppling down.

You are receiving this email today because you aren't "most people." You aren't someone who blindly follows conventional wisdom.

Establishment Insiders try to dismiss us. But all it took was one "long shot" from David's sling to bring down Goliath. And all it will take is one "long shot" from the Little Guy to topple Angus King.

Angus King has the support of well healed special interests. But he doesn't have the support of hardworking people like you.

This is a grassroots campaign built on your support, so I want to make sure I am regularly in touch to with updates from the campaign trail.

And I'm excited to report that our campaign is growing strong. Just in the last few weeks, we've had some exciting developments:

Former GOP Party Chairman Rick Bennett Endorses Eric Brakey for US Senate.

The week, I was proud to receive the endorsement of former GOP Party Chairman Rick Bennett. Rick is true leader in Maine Politics, and I are very excited to have his support! Read his statement below:

"Over the last several years, I've had a front row seat to watch Eric Brakey’s dynamic work in the Maine Senate," said Mr. Bennett.

"Bringing Republicans and Democrats together in divided government, Senator Brakey has negotiated the passage of Welfare Reform, restored our 2nd Amendment rights with Constitutional Carry, and consistently put the people of Maine ahead of special interest groups on both sides. Eric has demonstrated the kind of principled leadership and dedication to accountable governance that we need in Washington DC and I am proud to endorse his campaign for US Senate."

Paul LePage and Mark Holbrook Clear the GOP Primary Field

Recently, Governor Paul LePage announced that he has decided against getting into the race for US Senate. I've worked extensively with Governor LePage in Augusta and I know he has a real dedication to the people of Maine, so I know that, even if he isn't running himself, Paul Lepage will be as committed as I am to seeing Angus King leave Washington.

Additionally this week, former congressional candidate Mark Holbrook declined to run for Senate, citing the need to rally behind our campaign.

Both of these men are patriots and I appreciate their hard work and dedication to the people of Maine. With no other names circling around the Republican nomination, the primary field is virtually clear. Maine Republicans are consolidated behind our campaign, and we are ready to lead the the Republican ticket.

Breitbart News Recognizes Maine for Constitutional Carry

As we approach the two year anniversary of Constitutional Carry in Maine, which I was proud to sponsor and see passed into law, its great to see national recognition of our state from Breitbart News:

Maine–On July 8, 2015, Gov. Paul LaPage ® signed legislation abolishing Maine’s concealed carry permit requirement. The legislation was sponsored by Eric Brakey (R-Auburn), who pointed to the inconsistency in Maine’s laws, inasmuch as Maine allowed open carry without a permit but required residents to acquire government documentation before carrying in the event that their jacket covered their gun. He said, “When someone with a credible death threat against them has to wait for months before they can carry legally and defend themselves with their jacket on, that says it is not working.”

Of course, in a state where we cherish our 2nd Amendment rights, Angus King continually fails to represent us. Our campaign will be making sure Maine people know how Senator King repeatedly votes to strip Maine people of our right to keep and bear arms.

Speaking at the "Issues and Solutions" Luncheon

On Thursday, I addressed the "Issues and Solutions" luncheon in South Portland. We spoke about a variety of topics important to Maine people, including the disaster of Obamacare and the proposed Medicaid welfare expansion on the ballot this November. We were all in agreement: Maine taxpayers cannot afford to expand welfare any more!

Speaking of which, if you have any groups that would like to me come speak, send us an email. I would love to come speak with your group and we can find a date.

My Op-Ed Opposing Medicaid Expansion

I also have a new Op-Ed out on the topic available in the Maine Wire here. Mainers already know the story of expanded Medicaid: unafordable costs, poorer quality of care, and general ineffectiveness. Here is a short excerpt:

Proponents also put a lot of faith in a dysfunctional federal government that pays for everything with credit cards. With $127 trillion in debt and unfunded liabilities (that’s a $1 million bill for every American taxpayer), Washington DC has proven its inability to manage our money.

When these bills come due, are we really so naive to believe the federal government will keep these promises? Or will Maine people be stuck holding the bag?

Upcoming Aroostook County Tour

We are planning a big trip north to Aroostook County in the coming weeks, and we'd love to meet you there. Be on the look out for future updates with more details.

If you'd be interested in hosting meet and greet or attending an even in your area, please contact our campaign outreach coordinator Curtis.

Finally, we will begin hosting weekly town halls each Friday on Facebook Live. Please tune in and share with your friends!

Of course, your support makes our entire campaign possible. Guys like me don't get huge PAC checks form big corporations, but gifts of $100, $50, $25 or even $10 are a big deal: they are the rocks in my sling, and when we stick them together, we'll have quite a boulder.
Please consider pitching in so we can continue our building our winning efforts.

Thanks so much for all you do! When we team up, the Kings in DC will never know what hit them..until we have won, and it's too late!

For Liberty,
Sen. Eric Brakey
Candidate for U.S. Senate
Paid for and authorized by Brakey for Senate
09-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Even a dead dog would be an"improvement" over Angus!

WC
09-15-2017, 01:41 PM
http://www.themainewire.com/2017/09/nati...ion-sight/

What if Washington DC were bankrupt?

What if Washington politicians spent a million dollars a minute, racking up $20 trillion in debt, with no plan to pay it back?

What if our Kings in Washington sent billions to foreign governments, including those that behead Christians and burn the American flag, while natural disasters devastate our neighbors here at home?

And what if every American taxpayer — you, me, your parents, your neighbors, your children’s teachers, everyone — were on the hook for over $1 million to our government’s creditors like China, Japan and Belgium?

At what point would we as Americans say, “Enough is enough!”

While I wish I were speaking in hypotheticals, this sad reality is where we Americans find ourselves today.

an excerpt from Brakey article
10-07-2017, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 01:41 PM by Mike G.)
Dear Mike,

I am running for Senate because I believe in Liberty for all.

This week has been trying for us all. When evil flares its ugly head, good people get scared. But we must stand strong and make sure that good people aren't stripped of their rights in a misguided attempt to protect us.

I was proud to help lead the success effort to pass Constitutional Carry in Maine, and I am also proud to be a Pro-Second Amendment voice at the forefront of today's debate.

Please read my Op-Ed that is published in the Bangor Daily News (click here), Maine's most widely read paper. I believe we must thoughtfully, firmly explain our principles and hold firm to our conviction.

Please also sign up for our newsletter (here on my site) and follow our campaign on social media (here's my Facebook page). We'll be sharing opportunities to get involved and will be giving important updates that you won't want to miss! (e.g. stay tuned for info on our upcoming rally to celebrate the anniversary of Constitutional Carry)

Thank you for reading,
Sen. Eric Brakey

P.S. Everything we do on this campaign is fueled by grassroots donations from supporters like you, so I would be remiss if I didn't ask you to consider chipping in. Please consider contributing today!

There Can Be No Compromise on Our Constitutional Right to Bear Arms

Eric Brakey on 2nd Amendment Rights

Source: Special to the BDN • October 5, 2017 10:36 am

Well, that didn’t take long.

Mere hours after the Las Vegas massacre — a horrible act of pure evil that claimed the lives of 59 of our fellow Americans — political and media elites were already out in full force, blaming the attack on regular Americans who cherish our Second Amendment rights.

Social media swelled with left-wing vitriol, while the mainstream media filled with preachy do-gooders blaming the victims and calling for an end to our rights. One CBS vice president asserted that those killed in Vegas didn’t deserve our sympathy because “country music fans are often Republican gun toters.” Even Hillary Clinton popped in, using the tragedy to criticize common-sense legislation in Congress to legalize hearing protection devices.

And we wonder why Americans feel so divided.

As a lawmaker and candidate for the U.S. Senate, I recognize the need for compromise and understanding. I also take seriously the oath of office to “support and defend the Constitution.” There are many policy areas appropriate for elected leaders to compromise, but their oath to defend the essential cornerstones of our free society — the constitutional liberties of the American people, including our Second Amendment — is not an area where we should ever tolerate compromise.

As the communist ruler Mao Zedong (infamously responsible for the deaths of 45 million of his own people) wrote, “Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.” His dark observation explains why, throughout history, every would-be ruler’s first act is disarming those he seeks to rule.

Throughout history, humanity had known one power structure: authoritarianism. Kings did as they saw fit, and their subjects accepted that or faced the consequences. The king would never allow his subjects to own firearms. Only this military and hand-picked elites could be trusted with such power. How would the king rule a people who could stand up for themselves? How could he take the fruits of their labor? How could he dictate their religion? How could the king ensure obedience?

Read the full article on Maine’s biggest state-wide news source: Bangor Daily News

Like what you’re reading? We need your help!
10-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Brakey is my Senator and I will not vote for him.
10-09-2017, 11:41 AM
(10-09-2017 09:29 AM)Bob Wrote:  Brakey is my Senator and I will not vote for him.
Just curious as to why Bob.