Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
South Portland wants to become a Sanctuary City
04-14-2017, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2017 07:33 PM by Moving Forward.)
South Portland wants to become a Sanctuary City
It looks like little old South Portland wants to be known as a Sanctuary City... or at least the liberal leaders seem to fancy that title. Here are two recent articles:

South Portland considers adopting status as sanctuary city
Source: http://www.pressherald.com/2017/04/13/so...uary-city/

Proposal would prevent South Portland from having to enforce federal immigration law
Source: http://bangordailynews.com/2017/04/13/ne...ation-law/

So, what city will be next to follow South Portland, and how soon can we cut all state and federal funding to those municipalities?

On a related topic, and for Mainers who are concerned about actions like this, please note there’s an extremely important public hearing happening in Augusta next Thursday (April 20th) about an aspect of this very issue. The public hearing for LD 366, “An Act to Ensure Compliance with Federal Immigration Law by State and Local Government Entities” with the Judiciary Committee has been scheduled for next Thursday, April 20th, at 1pm.

The committee meets in Augusta within the Statehouse building, Room 438. If you wish to testify on behalf of LD 366, we suggest bringing 20 copies of your testimony and it would be advised to arrive early.

If you can’t attend but would like to help fight sanctuary cities in Maine, you can also email testimony to the committee’s clerk at susan.pinette@legislature.maine.gov or contact by telephone at 207-287-1327.

It’s time to end tax dollars going to sanctuary cities in Maine!

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: South Portland wants to become a Sanctuary City
I read that BDN piece this morning and saw something pretty "cagey" in that story:

......."The amendment, proposed by District 3 councilman Eben Rose, would be applied to an anti-hate resolution passed by the council in February..........[but] Rose is shying away from the term “sanctuary city,” and that language appears nowhere in the amended resolution. Rather, he says the amendment’s purpose is simple. A municipality, he says, should not have to take on the job of the federal government".....

And you might rightly ask yourself "why is that"?

And here is the answer:

......"Some opponents fear such a move could jeopardize funding and put the city in conflict with the federal government".......

Leftist politics is all about WORDS and their very calculated, and often clever (as in this case) usage in order to camouflage the REAL purpose of the words

These folks, as always, want their cake and "eat it too". They desperately WANT to be a Sanctuary City without actually SAYING that, so call it "City's responsibility regarding immigration" or some such and really throw the opposition off.

These fools are nowhere near as smart as they think they are.....sometimes!

The "seeds of logic" have blown away like tumbleweeds......in the streets of S Portland methinks!

WC
04-15-2017, 04:03 AM
Someone should ask Mr. Rose if he has an issue with businesses in Maine doing the job of the state and local governments when it comes to collecting sales tax.
04-15-2017, 05:12 AM
Don't like it? Don't live there. Why do you "conservatives" have such trouble minding your own fucking business?
04-15-2017, 06:25 AM
(04-15-2017 05:12 AM)Underminer Wrote:  Don't like it? Don't live there. Why do you "conservatives" have such trouble minding your own fucking business?

It is our business since we pay taxes and don't to see them get wasted on illegals. So why don't you just shut your mouth and go mind your own fcking business in a cave somewhere?

-----------
Support the Right.
04-15-2017, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2017 06:59 AM by Underminer.)
It is MY business, moron. Drag your knuckles over your keyboard about something else. Or do you enjoy the federal government telling you what to do?

EXPOSE THE RIGHT FOR THE HYPOCRITES THEY ARE.
04-15-2017, 04:17 PM
Speaking of minding ones business, I would like to start with politicians, especially liberals who love to force their ideas on everyone. To bad Underminer apply his logic to people who do not want to bake a cake for queers, don't like it, don't shop there. Why do liberals care how much I pay my employees, can t liberals mind their own business?
04-16-2017, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2017 09:08 AM by woodcanoe.)
The "libbies" down there are bent on turning S Portland into a "sanctuary city" but know that won't play well with much of Maine so they do the normal liberal thing.......the LIE about what they want to do.

This is their normal method of operation.

I see that hesheit is running its normal leftist mouth again. This is what we have come to expect from it! And the kind of language that only THEY can use, and often these days! Hesheit is what they would have called a "rabble-rouser" in the old days in Europe.........throwing words around, the nastier the better, in order to spread mayhem amongst the unknowing! Now these people using "alinsky-like" tactics are called "community organizers", as Obama was in his younger days.

The "first amendment" is a wonderful thing. Each of us citizens gets to speak out about our ideas.......no matter how "repugnant" some of us might find them to be. But the first amendment also has "another side". Anyone has the right to speak......and the rest of us have the absolute right NOT TO LISTEN to them.

TMC has an IGNORE button which is there for that purpose. When one is known for NOT expressing anything that is worth listening to......the IGNORE button saves you from having to decide to listen or not.

I decided long ago that Hesheit had absolutely NOTHING to add to any debate on any subject, except maybe the "cussing thread" therefore I was not going to bother to leave my ears open to its thoughts. This way it can rant all it wants, as only THEY can, and I still get a good night's sleep! The IGNORE button is MY first amendment right, the same as his (silly) speech is!

Hahahaha.....oh how you make me laugh you silly little foul-mouthed leftist millennial puke! Your mommy should have washed your little potty mouth out with soap when you first started the cussing.

Someday I will send Hesheit a quarter so it can call George Sore ass and tell him he is wasting his money!

WC
04-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Sadly, the "libbies" all over our USA are doing it... and it's time for the hammer to fall on them all!

[Image: Sanctuary%20Cities%20LIST_zpsv7t9ebgd.jpg]

Local Source: http://www.limitstogrowth.org/ltg-upload...pNov17.jpg

[Image: Federal%20Law_zps28zehyo2.png]

Image source: http://rickwells.us/wp-content/uploads/2...s-1200.png

[Image: Stop%20Sanctuary%20Cities_zpsgrgdppxh.jpg]

Image Source: http://rlv.zcache.com/stop_sanctuary_cit...vr_324.jpg

-----------
Support the Right.
04-16-2017, 04:46 PM
Look at the Federal money the tax payer will save, let the locals support it and see how well it plays out. Sanctuary city us just another name for plantation, still run by democrats just like the good old days in the South, heck they even use overseers to keep their own in place. Meet the new boss same as the old boss