Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Students Win
02-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Students Win
Betsy DeVoss was just confirmed as Secretary of Education. America's students won this one. This lady wants America's students to excel. They should not be confined to a failing school when there is an excellent school in the next town over. Big WIN for kids and their parents.

Meanwhile, down in the swamp, we have an immense Department of Education in Washington that needs to be abolished. Betsy is just the lady to do it. The Department of Education operates no schools. The Department of Education does not teach anything. The Department of Education has built a gigantic bureaucracy to meddle in state and local education. It is simply unconstitutional. There is no place in our Constitution for federal education.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Students Win
Great news.

I hope Arne Duncan and Kevin Jennings (GLSEN) take a long walk off a short cliff.
02-07-2017, 10:54 PM
I hope that some really GOOD things come of this. Anything that will take any power away from the Union leadership.....and hand it over to the students and their parents.....will be a great step.

You can see that the left threw everything it had at this including those two stinking RINO's of the R party, including our own Suzi Collins who values money in her pockets far more than she values education in the minds of our young. When you piss all of these people off you know you are on the right track!

WC
02-08-2017, 06:22 AM
One of the reasons the two Rinos voted against her besides money is because she was smart enough not to send her children to public school.
I wonder where those congress critters send their children, bet it is not public school.
02-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Most of the Democrat politicians, in DC, who were so determined to put DeVos down, hard, all send their own children to PRIVATE schools as Obama did.

The HYPOCRISY of the left is simply stunning.....and they are way too stupid to see it themselves!

Can't help but notice that the BDN carried the story that Suzi was going to vote her conscience, all weekend, but it disappeared as soon as this vote was taken. I was going to point out that Suzi likes "dirty money" in her pockets far more than she values education of American children.

I hope lots of good comes from this.

WC
04-29-2017, 05:37 AM
The Department of Education runs no schools and educates no students. It simply needs to be abolished. Congress pulled a fast one and changed the name "Common Core" to ESSA. That stands for Elementary and Secondary Schools Act. Same stuff. Different day.
09-22-2017, 05:48 PM
No Child Left Behind (NCLB) became…Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) which became…. Elementary and Secondary Schools Act. (ESSA).

If you control the language you control the argument.

…..So are we talking about NCLB or ESEA or ESSA? Are they the same?

Confused yet?

The libs control the language and we cant follow their dialogue but it soooouunnnds so…good.

How can you be against….NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND?

Home school your children.

Oh….the MEA test results are available for your school…see here:
https://lms.backpack.education/public/maine
click around and you will find your school…..
09-22-2017, 07:03 PM
We shunned the "government" school system many years ago....for good reason!

WC