Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Senator Collins was named a “GOP Defector” by the Washington Free Beacon
02-05-2017, 08:12 AM
Smile Senator Collins was named a “GOP Defector” by the Washington Free Beacon
GOP Defectors Have Received Thousands From Teachers Union
February 1, 2017

“The two Republicans who broke ranks with their party and announced they would vote against education secretary nominee Betsy DeVos have received thousands of dollars from the nation's largest teachers union.

Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R., Alaska) and Susan Collins (R., Maine) have each benefited from contributions from the National Education Association. Collins received $2,000 from the union in 2002 and 2008, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Murkowski, meanwhile, has received $23,500.”

“The two Republican defections imperil DeVos' nomination. Republicans have a 52-48 majority in the Senate, so one more no vote or abstention could sink her candidacy to lead the Department of Education. Republicans need to recruit a Democratic vote to give DeVos the 51 votes needed for confirmation, though Vice President Mike Pence could cast the deciding vote in the event of a 50-50 tie.”

Source: http://freebeacon.com/politics/gop-defec...b-46184193
-----------------------

IMO, Senator Collins became a Defector several years ago.

Shame on the Maine GOP for not calling her out on this bad habit.

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: Senator Collins was named a “GOP Defector” by the Washington Free Beacon
When the Tea Party movement did so well back in 2010, it became pitifully obvious what suzi REALLY was!

And it hasn't gotten any better in the interval since!

She is pretty standard politician who is totally devoid of ANY principled stand on ANY issues. She is ONLY worried about winning the next election and keeping the money coming into her war chest, siphoning off as much as possible for her personal use. They are all the same, win that first election and go to DC as a "commoner" then acquire wealth and power, over time, from the corrupted and totally busted system, then become one of the "establishment" who then are ABOVE questioning re their motives.

I can tell you for a fact, based on some years of experience dealing with the Maine chapter in contract work, that the National Education Assn is the most powerful labor union in the country today, spending hundreds of millions of dollars annually, all of it extracted from "unknowing taxpayers", and using it to buy support for their political agenda.....as they did here!

I guess that it would make a small bit of sense to say that "Suzi knows where the money is" is some sort of a weird "principled" stand.....maybe!

It's amazing to see the thousands of people who CAN'T see what she is!

It sounds like I have singled her out for criticism but that's not quite true, I dislike every politician in the country who is like her in that regard. She is not very far removed from the likes of McCain, Schumer and hundreds more of em. They are killing us!

WC
02-05-2017, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 09:22 AM by Moving Forward.)
That's a great post WC, although it's also very sad how accurate everything is that you wrote.

Drain-The-Swamp,
and that should include Senator Susan Collins IMO.

[Image: swamp%20snake_zpsvoaenh2e.jpg]

Image source: http://www.ecologyasia.com/images-pqr/pu...e_4328.jpg

-----------
Expose and document the Far-Left,
Support the Right.
02-05-2017, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 10:15 AM by woodcanoe.)
The saddest part of all of this is that, after thinking about it for weeks now, I am not at all sure that, outside of violence in the streets, that there really is any good way to drain that swamp. The federal bureauracy is SO entrenched in DC that it is virtually running the entire country now and there is almost nothing that can be done about it!

Very sad!

WC

Just saw this in the New York Post:

......."Get past all the noise, and the opposition to Betsy DeVos, President Trump’s pick for the Education Department, is all about the teachers unions — which consider it their right to have a friendly face running federal policy even in Republican administrations.........Yes, two Senate Republicans have come out against DeVos — the only two who routinely get A’s on the National Education Association’s “report card” because they vote the union line. Efforts to find another GOP vote against her will almost surely fail, because the other 50 Republicans aren’t in unions’ pocket, and Vice President Mike Pence can deliver a 51st vote if needed".........

Suzi ALWAYS knows which side of the bread has the butter (for her) on it. She makes me sick to my stomach sometimes! Keep in mind that this entire operation (NEA and local state chapters) is funded entirely with OUR tax money. Nice little racket when you can find it, Suzi!

WC
02-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Wasn't there a survey awhile back that showed a high percentage of Mainers thought she was a Liberal? Just goes to show that a Progressive is a Progressive no which party they claim they belong to. I am sure that like most in DC, she is a legend in her own mind.