Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TMC has FACEBOOK page, in case of emergency
10-31-2016, 06:50 AM
TMC has FACEBOOK page, in case of emergency
This last "downtime" led me to discover something that I did not know before.

The Maine Citizen has a Facebook page! And it is here.

TMC on Facebook

Out of desperation to find out what happened to TMC, recently, I discovered, by Google search, that TMC had a Facebook presence. Being on Facebook means one can receive and send "messages" to others with facebook accounts. So I messaged Bob, found out he was working on a server problem and that there was hope. Messaged him late yesterday and found that it was coming back in a few hours.

If it goes down again try using the Facebook link to message Bob and find some peace of mind.

Also, I have been pondering if there should be some sort of "emergency list" of maybe email addresses or some such, by those wishing to do so, in order to allow some contact with each other in a similar situation.

I wouldn't put it past anyone in DC to take down the internet in a heartbeat, if they thought it in their best interest. Two of my family are Ham radio operators (I am one) but not many have that ability to communicate that way. Maybe there could be some other way, if some of us wanted to do so. It is simple to set up new FREE email accounts. I have several, some that I use just in places where I don't necessarily want lots of contacts, just when I need them.

Be glad to know others thoughts on the topic.

WC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: TMC has FACEBOOK page, in case of emergency
Good find on the FB page. Thanks for the update.
10-31-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: TMC has FACEBOOK page, in case of emergency
All sounds good. I came across the FB page just as TMC reappeared