Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Blaine Richardson Leaves GOP, To Run As Independent
01-21-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: Blaine Richardson Leaves GOP, To Run As Independent
Blaine Richardson wants to do away with background checks as he says they run counterintuitive to the traditional understanding of both 2A and the Maine State Constitution.

One of the reason I highly support Blaine is because he is the only candidate speaking about the need to end the war in Afghanistan.

As the NATIONAL DEFENSE PAC Chairman Rear Admiral James J. Carey, USN (ret) stated in his endorsement of Blaine,

" It is absolutely imperative that the citizens of the Pine Tree State elect this man who is a proven leader. Richardson’s knowledge of the Armed Services will be an invaluable asset to the US Congress. His background in world affairs puts him head and shoulders above the others candidates who wish to fill this seat.”

Established in New England in the Year of our Lord 1648.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Two question CM.

1) Do you work for Richardson?
2) How is he a proven leader?
01-21-2014, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 09:42 PM by Congregational_Minister_.)
1) Let's say I am a super volunteer for him.

2) Spending 30 years between the USN-USNR tends to put a bit of leadership in you. Like most vets he doesn't toot his own horn when it comes to his military accomplishments; I will do it for him.

Here are two examples of Blaine's proven leadership;

During Desert Storm, Blaine’s unit was the first to be called up and he was responsible for shipping General Schwarzkopf the VII Corps. The VII Corps was the most powerful formation of its type ever to take to the battlefield. During this military operation, on the military side of things, Blaine was only three people down from the President of the United States. He has briefed the Vice President of the United States and Senior Members of the Bush (Sr) Administration.

During Operation Iraqi Freedom, Blaine served as the Military Liaison Officer for the Military Sealift Command at Scott Air Force Base. He was responsible for 216 ships that made hundreds of port calls and delivered over 20 million tons of cargo to Kuwait and Iraq.

Bruce may have saved the State of Maine some money, Blaine's leadership comes from his experience in world affairs.

01-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Spending 30 years between the USN-USNR tends to put a bit of leadership in you.

A military career does not give someone "proven leadership." It shows he is capable of following orders, even when they are not quite so lawful. How many times in his career did he speak up about the constitution? How many times did he voice an objection to some of the things he was ordered to do? A spotless military career only proves that he is capable of following orders. And as far as leading people, his subordinates had to follow or risk loss of pay, loss of rank, restriction, the brig, etc.

I hate taking a post to this level but I feel you should really give us full disclosure of your "super volunteer" status with the Richardson campaign if you are going to continue to attack Poliquin. Do you want to continue on this path?

I also did not attack Richardson, I like him, but I presented an opinion of where he fit in in the grand scheme of things. A spoiler who really has no chance of getting elected. That is just my opinion.
01-22-2014, 07:05 AM
I like Richardson, if things were different, I would vote for him, but I am not going to risk a Cain win in November.
01-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Hmmmmm.
Another lawyer.
A professional hack for the UMS.
A decorated veteran.

I hope he makes it to the general.

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
01-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Blaine is going to make it to the general.

I am sorry if I have been a bit harsh on Bruce, I didn't mean to come off so brass.

The thing is that if I, a relative conservative, have these reservations, imagine what the Democrats are going to do with him?

01-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Minister

I've gotten the same feedback from Bob and others about Bruce and of course the story. I've even talked to Bruce about his version of the contribution.

I lean towards what you are saying, it is not that i know for sure what was the reason, it is just too damn convenient to me.

On the other hand other than listening to Blaine talk twice, I actually don't know that much about him, but I like what he says about foreign intervention and the constitution and individual rights. He may be feeding us a cock and bull story, but if he is he is quite good at it.

I trust the man and we will see how things unfold.
01-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Congregational Minister claims:
"And finally Bruce is a carpetbagger. He can pretend that he is from the second district but when you move into the district just so that you can run in it, this makes you a carpetbagger."

Now, wait a minute, Reverend. He was born in the Second District, was raised in the Second District and still lives in the Second District. Sure, he went away to school. That should not disqualify him from representing Maine.
01-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Roger, I understand that he is rebuilding the house that he was born in.