Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Blaine Richardson Leaves GOP, To Run As Independent
01-21-2014, 03:24 PM
RE: Blaine Richardson Leaves GOP, To Run As Independent
There is no benefit to be obtained for conservatism or Liberty by opposing Poliquin.

That is the old argument of a third party run and it is used too often. Poliquin and Richardson are not the same, they will not vote the same.

I'll agree about running against Collins
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Also, his decision to run as an independent candidate has sunk any chance Bruce Poliquin had in winning the general, which is good because we don't another man of bad character in Washington DC.
[/quote]

Are you implying/stating that Bruce Poliquin is a man of bad character? If so, on what do you base this assertion?
01-21-2014, 06:33 PM
I base my assertion on his record.

Bruce is a nice guy, he was a pretty good State Treasurer, but a look at his record shows him to be a person with character issues.

No one talks about how he (Bruce) was on the board of directors of the Natural Resources Council of Maine. Not only was he on the board of directors, he was one of top donors giving over $10,000.00 to them. They are the one who fought against the widening the turnpike, who fought to stop a plant from being built in Bucksport. Recently the Natural Resources Council of Maine has been behind such projects as trying to stop Tar Sand going thru the Portland area and stoping the LNG tanks from going into Searsport (which would have created some nice local good paying jobs).

Let's not forget the story of how Bruce sued his neighbor when they wanted to expand their business. When Ocean Park Campground wanted to grow, Bruce fought it for years, putting the owners through what they described as "hell." Suing legitimate businesses to keep vacationers out of your neighborhood is not exactly the kind of behavior you'd expect from a pro-business "conservative".

Let's not forget his moderate view on the Second Amendment.

Also that he has a campaign manager who is notorious for supporting extremist views.

And finally Bruce is a carpetbagger. He can pretend that he is from the second district but when you move into the district just so that you can run in it, this makes you a carpetbagger.

I know we all have flaws, I have quite a few myself, but I am not running for Congress.

If he wins the primary, which he may, the Democrats are going to eat him alive. He might get lucky and win 40% in a general election, maybe.

Established in New England in the Year of our Lord 1648.
01-21-2014, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 07:16 PM by Bob.)
Congregational_Minister_, what is your relationship to Richardson?

Post #10 was an excellent post F220.
01-21-2014, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 07:40 PM by f220.)
(01-21-2014 03:24 PM)Mike G Wrote:  There is no benefit to be obtained for conservatism or Liberty by opposing Poliquin.

That is the old argument of a third party run and it is used too often. Poliquin and Richardson are not the same, they will not vote the same.

I'll agree about running against Collins

Poliquin is not a proven failure, if nothing else, LePage liked him enough to appoint him to a position.

The Blaine defenders stated goal was to defeat Poliquin. To get a handful of votes to enable the Democrat to win. Why?

If the goal is defeat Collins, that's another thing. She has voted wrong often. I see no evidence at all that Poliquin is going to be voting against the GOP time and time again.

I haven't looked too hard at Poliquin. I know that I looked at all of the Governor candidates back around 4 years ago, looked at all of their websites, looked for red flags. I can't remember Poliquin's red flags, specifically, but all of them had red flags. Except LePage. I sent in a check to LePage around 4 years ago and put up a yard sign before the primary. I'm pleased with LePage.

Blaine Richardson should know that the target should be Collins. People who support a 3rd party run for Richardson aren't to be trusted. I see Chris Dixon and Mark Willis behind this. Dixon and Willis are not to be trusted.

(01-21-2014 07:15 PM)Bob Wrote:  Congregational_Minister_, what is your relationship to Richardson?

Post #10 was an excellent post F220.

Thanks Bob. It's somewhat nice, and definitely somewhat new, to not be antagonizing and at odds with the people in charge of the websites I'm posting on.

I'm a Liberty / Ron Paul and a Tea Party / Paul LePage kind of conservative, and I tend to resist those who want to pull those 2 very similar factions apart. Liberty + Tea Party beats RINOs.
01-21-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm a Liberty / Ron Paul and a Tea Party / Paul LePage kind of conservative,

As am I.

Liberty + Tea Party beats RINOs.

Could not agree more.
01-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Let's not forget his moderate view on the Second Amendment.

CM, Poliquin is very pro gun! That 500 dollar donation to the Brady fund has been explained time and time again.
01-21-2014, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 08:38 PM by Congregational_Minister_.)
That I know of I am not related to Blaine, though as you can tell I very much support his campaign.

So here is a Poliquin timeline meshed with actual Handgun Control Inc dates to consider:

- The National Council to Control Handguns was renamed Handgun Control Inc in 1980.
- The Reagan assassination attempt occurred on March 30, 1981 and resulted in the wounding of President Reagan, his Press Secretary James Brady, and two law enforcement officers.
- Sarah Brady, James Brady’s wife, joined the the board of Handgun Control Inc in 1985
- On February 4, 1987, the Brady Act to impose both a waiting period and background check regarding handguns was introduced in the U.S. Congress for the first time and was Handgun Control Inc’s top legislative priority.
- Bruce Poliquin gave $500 directly to Handgun Control Inc on December 29, 1989 not a “fund was set up for the Brady family” that Sarah Bradley turned over to an outside group that became Handgun Control, Inc which was already the name of the organization for almost a decade.
- Handgun Control Inc. however did adopt the Brady family name in 2001 to become Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
-In 2010 Bruce went on record in supporting mandatory background checks.

Compared to Blaine Richardson, Bruce's stance on 2A is moderate.

Established in New England in the Year of our Lord 1648.
01-21-2014, 08:50 PM
CM, do you work for Richardson?

This is from AMG's Bigshooter.

“Much to my surprise I spoke with Bruce Poliquin on the phone twice today. He has seen my post about the Second Amendment and called to explain. I listened. Here is the history as he explained it to me.

Bruce Poliquin greatly admired Ronald Reagan. When President Reagan and Jim Brady were shot Bruce was quite distressed about it. A fund was set up for the Brady family and Bruce contributed to that fund. Sarah Brady turned over management of the fund to an outside group. That group became Handgun Control International. Bruce never contributed directly to Handgun Control International. His name appeared on their list because he contributed to the earlier family fund.”
01-21-2014, 09:02 PM
In 2010 Bruce went on record in supporting mandatory background checks.

And Poliquin was the only one that answered honestly. For any candidate saying they would do away with background checks is a liar.