Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Site Assessment
12-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Site Assessment
Bob:This is the first time that I tried to participate in your forum and found it extremely difficult if not confusing because of the circuitous nature of the site. Of course I am comparing it to AMG whose navigation is relatively easy because there are so few steps to have to make to post or to read user comments or posts.

Scotts latest post indicates AMG is for sale and I indicated to you privately I am willing to contribute to its purchase by anyone who will keep it up. I urge you to please approach Scott and see if we can get this done, if not I don't think I want to go through all the hoops in this site in order to participate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: Site Assessment
This board is set up the way most forums in which I participate. AMG was an anomaly in that it had just a few sub-forums that I usually forgot to view. There is/was no way to view all new posts from all sub-forums. This one has that and it works well. But alternately it also offers users the ability to just see posts in sub-forums in which they are interested. If you click the "new posts" or "today's posts" buttons your navigation issues will be solved.

ₒₒₒₒ ©(¯õ¿õ¯)® ₒₒₒₒ
Breitbart was here
Veritas vos liberabit
12-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks
12-20-2013, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2013 06:52 PM by Bob.)
Pmconusa, I am sorry that you find this type of board difficult. Tanstaf1 offered suggestions on how to navigate easier. Maybe you will get use to the board. I like this style. Try it. If you decide to leave, then that is your choice.

I have been in contact with Scott and I will contact him again. I will tell you right now though, it will take a hell of a lot of 50 and 100 dollar donations. Scott wants a lot of money for something that produces little in return. I am talking to a couple of people who are advising me on the pros and cons of getting involved in Amg, and I will talk to Scott again. Depending what Scott says, I will create a password protected private forum here to discuss AMG.

I didn't create this forum to compete with or to replace AMG. I created it so we could have a place to come to and be with like minded people. Hopefully, change the state of the political landscape.
By the way, I have been with AMG since the beginning.
12-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Bob

I think that you have created a great venue to continue a political conversation as AMG is shut down. This site is no different than many forums across the internet, the value of the site will become apparent from those that participate. Our views are the same as they were on AMG, only the nuances of the site must be learned.

I can deal with it and thank you
12-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Bob: I'm getting the hang of it now. It is still a little cumbersome but I'm sure it will get better with usage. As to Scott, when he finds out his quart of milk is only salable when fresh he might not ask as much. He'll find out its true value when he discovers people have been given a substitute and don't need him any more.
12-23-2013, 12:14 PM
I too was a bit taken a back with the difference in navigating this forum as compared to AMG. I'm getting used to it. It's neither better nor worse than AMG, just different.

charlie
12-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Practice makes perfect, AMG was a great site, but I am willing to bet it took lots of time to get it that way. Heck we used to complain when Scott would make changes.
12-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I may simply be missing something. Is there a button or something at the bottom of a thread or thread page that puts one back at the top or directly to the main page? That is the one change I'd like to see.

Dave
12-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Dave
There is a drop down menu beside the "Forum Jump" feature.
Click on "forum home"

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh