Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power inverters
01-17-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: Power inverters
Exactly what I mean. I need to check to see if there is a power supply inside before it goes to other things or if they actually run on the AC power coming into the stove. It seems reasonable to think if the power coming in gets converted back to DC, it would be safe to use with a modified sine inverter.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

"As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist." - Sitting Bull

*All posts reflect my personal views, not necessarily those of any organizations with which I am affiliated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2014, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 04:47 PM by Butch Moore.)
Okay, I wasn't sure from the schematic, so I called the company and my circuit board runs on AC instead of DC. That makes me think of FrankLee's range, so I'm left thinking I might need a pure sine inverter after all...

This has been an informative discussion regardless. I feel pretty certain that my other things, such as my TV, etc. will be fine with the modified sine inverter which is a lot less expensive.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

"As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist." - Sitting Bull

*All posts reflect my personal views, not necessarily those of any organizations with which I am affiliated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Butch
I use a Harmon PC-45 pellet/corn stove.
It has some of the most advanced electronics available in pellet stoves, and have had absolutely no trouble running it with my modified sine wave inverter.
I'm not sure about what the logic board runs on, but all the motors are AC.

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
Find all posts by this user