Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TOXIC POISONS inour WATER
03-17-2016, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2016 08:33 AM by Ralph Coffman.)
TOXIC POISONS inour WATER
Chinese Fluoride in our water laced with TOXIC Chemicals - http://checkoutthehealthyworld.com/fluor...vy-metals/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: TOXIC POISONS inour WATER
Well, you can go complain to the CDC, DHHS, and even the EPA then, who have certified the fluoride as NSF approved, which means it's OK for human consumption. It cannot be added to the water without this certification.

AND...you can bitch to all the residents of towns since THEY are the ones who approved it being added to their water, no one else. Not the government, not the water company, and not the aliens who I am sure will be blamed next.

But the tin hat these people wear also contains high levels of aluminum and toxic chemicals as well. Removing them would be a great first step.
03-18-2016, 06:38 AM
It has been the "in" thing to add flouride to our water for years and years now. but, like a lot of other things or society has done over the years it is starting to look like this might have a pretty significant "downside"! We (as a people) often jump with two feet into these things that sound good (and make lots of money for a few folks) before we ever realize that there may be a downside.

Back in 1973, when the Arab oil embargo first hit I called Augusta to find out how to get a permit to store gasoline in a small above ground tank. I was told in no uncertain terms that nobody stored gasoline above ground because it is extremely dangerous, all tanks must be in the ground.

It wasn't long after that before old buried tanks had to be removed and gasoline had to be stored "above ground". There are gas tanks above ground all over the place now.

Rules aren't hardly ever to do good....but instead make a lot of money for some people, and confer more power upon an army of bureaucrats. And they are always based on the assumption that people are too stupid to figure out these things for themselves.

Frankly I see way more poor dental conditions around now than I have ever seen before in my life. It is very much a personal matter for many. Flouride would not help people too much who are too lazy to take care of their teeth, or consume horrendous diets as many Mainers do.

WC
03-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Some of us in the water industry (who are mandated to add fluoride) have railed against the practice and tried to educate the public. The ADA is very powerful and completely stonewalled the efforts, rendering them futile. Keep in mind just over the last few years the standard for fluoride addition went from 1.0 mg/L to 0.7 mg/L. Why the decrease if it's so needed?

But also keep in mind there are different forms of fluoride added. We add Hydrofluorosilicic Acid and not Sodium Fluoride, for example. As such the whole 'rat poison' argument becomes moot.
03-22-2016, 07:27 AM
Someday we ought to have a discussion of the "water sellers" who take gazillions of water out of our aquifiers.....in order to increase their bottom line.

When I lived in the North Conway, NH area this was an ongoing debate, especially around the Fryeburg area.

I think it is a very valid issue as only pennies are paid for that water to start with, and that underground source stretches over many square miles and provides good water for those who live and work there.

So how much can be "extracted" without endangering the resource?

Will water quality suffer with the heavy withdrawl that is going on today?

WC
03-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Actually, to be permitted to draw water like that from an aquifer, studies are done to show no appreciable impact on the aquifer. This is done through ongoing monitoring of wells in the aquifer, to show the drawdown isn't having a negative impact. This state is not in anyone's back pocket and they do their jobs well, so I have to believe there is no impact for it to continue, but I don't know firsthand. I do know many inspectors and even applied for a job at the state as an inspector but couldn't afford the paycut.
03-22-2016, 01:13 PM
So the nature of "corporatism" being what it is, the need to make more profit this year than last, and draw more water to sell to do so, seems to me is going to be continually escalating the draw on a given aquifer.

Are we going to reach a point when this MAY be an issue.....and how will we know when we get to that point?

WC
03-22-2016, 03:23 PM
The company extracting the water must have reports and show well depths on a continuing basis, in addition to being inspected regularly by the state. Knowing some of the inspectors, believe me when I say they would not allow the aquifer to be harmed or depleted for the sake of a corporation. If anything they err on the side of the environment and public health (think crunchy but also strictly adhering to the rules).

They are licensed to extract only the amount of water they are allowed, and this is monitored constantly with monthly reports going to the state. If they approach the amount allotted, they'd have to shut down. If they exceeded the amount allotted, they'd be violating their license, which carries big penalties for doing so. Trust me, no one is going to risk jail and a loss of license for money.

As to when, I have no idea, but I can tell you reports regularly go to the state from every well system in the state. When aquifers start depleting the state will then have to decide what is acceptable.
03-24-2016, 06:05 PM
" PROUCED WATER " - "Produced Water" is Fracking Waste Water. California, which accounts for 2/3 of all American produce, allows the use of Toxic Fracking Wastewater to be used to irrigate agricultural crops, even "Certified Organic" produce. The list of toxic ingredients found in this, "Produced Water" is as follows: Industrial Solvents like Acetone & Methilene, Chloride, Numerous Hydro Carbons & Petroleum components with a multitude of toxic contaminates ranging from several polycyclic aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) and various volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Also found in Fracking Toxic Wastewater, Halide Salt, Bromide, Fluoride, Chloride, Benzene, Polyuline, Cyline. high concentrations of Sodium Chloride, various Heavy Metals and "Radioactive" Metals. California Oranges are 90% Water! If we eat to many will we Spontaneously Combust? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrPV_HNp-oQ
03-25-2016, 07:55 AM
Please show me the independent lab results from the water collected by someone without bias. That article is clearly skewed, about as bad as it can get. Did you know most oranges in Florida are irrigated with human wastewater? Look it up. I used to work for a company that repurposed the cleaned wastewater from city treatment plants and use it on the orange groves, to the tune of 40 million gallons a day.

That is not to say it's all clean, far from it. I've worked at and managed Hazardous Waste sites (Superfund) where you could light the water coming out of the ground on fire with a lighter. Guess what, it was legal to discharge it at the time.

BUT! I have also had to work with people collecting samples to prove lumber mills were discharging dioxin when they weren't. The lack of scientific evidence just made them madder and they refused to believe the mill wasn't discharging it. We had a big falling out and I called them on their attempt to skew the data gathered. I have not seen them since.

All I'm saying is do your research and learn the truth, don't just take one person's skewed and biased version of something.

By the way, ever tested the water after a motorboat has gone by? That would scare you to death. Should we ban all motorboats now? How about testing the air on a busy highway?