Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why You Might Not Want To Limit Yourself To 'View New Posts' and 'View Today's Posts'
01-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Why You Might Not Want To Limit Yourself To 'View New Posts' and 'View Today's Posts'
Butch Moore has recently streamlined the forum areas. This will help make it easier to figure out where you want to post, if you are a poster (or considering it).

I want to point out that it might also make the main forum list worth a 2nd look for those who have been relying mainly on 'View New Posts' and 'View Today's Posts'. If you want to read everything that is posted that works all right, but any thread that hasn't been commented on today (or since you last visited) will fall off your radar.

On the home page you will notice two areas called "State & Local Issues" and "National & World Issues". I'd guess the lion's share of political threads will be filed in one of these going forward. If so, then checking just these two pages will provide an experience more like AMG.

I personally think the ability to separate local vs. larger issues is helpful, and in combination with the 'View New Posts' and 'View Today's Posts' is quite nice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2014, 04:26 AM
RE: Why You Might Not Want To Limit Yourself To 'View New Posts' and 'View Today's'
Be careful with 'view new posts'. Unlike amg, it doesn't keep track of what you have not read. The list of those posts disappears even if you still haven't looked at them.
01-14-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Why You Might Not Want To Limit Yourself To 'View New Posts' and 'View Today's Posts'
Color me slow on the uptake, but I don't see the change improvement you are referring to.
01-14-2014, 05:15 PM
RE: Why You Might Not Want To Limit Yourself To 'View New Posts' and 'View Today's Posts'
Melvin the number of forums has been reduced by several. At this point most (but not all) posts will likely fall into just two forums -- the ones I mentioned above. If you just open up those two forums, the interface will be closer to what you experienced with AMG.
01-15-2014, 07:25 AM
I really like the new layout and find it very easy to navigate. While I miss AMG I think that this board will be an excellent replacement once membership increases. Scott did a great job promoting his web site in it's heyday including television and radio appearances. I'm certain that this drove many to explore the site and become members. Promotion will be needed here too. Tell your friends and acquaintances to check it out.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow