Watch the cops murder this guy
02-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Watch the cops murder this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5JF6Wqz8vU
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Watch the cops murder this guy
We seem to have an epidemic of this as the cops mentality seems now to be almost an eagerness to use deadly force.

I couldn't see if the guy had any weapon or not, but if he did not have a gun he was not much of a threat when surrounded by several cops with guns pointed at him.

Getting to be an almost everyday event now. I hope to live long enough to see us get to the point where police shootings are NOT investigated by.....police but instead by......civilians.

WC
02-27-2016, 09:48 PM
Yes he had a kitchen knife and was said to be mentally ill, who else stands there surrounded with cops with drawn pistols
02-27-2016, 10:57 PM
Well a deputy shot a mentally ill young woman in Etna, a year or two ago, who was threatening the deputy with......an old railroad spike tied onto a pole with a piece of string!

This young woman was KNOWN to the officer, and others around there, as mentally ill. Couldn't 2 or 3 bystanders have put this slightly built young lady on the ground before she hurt someone or herself?

I am coming to think that more than a few that put on the badge are just waiting to get a chance to haul that gun out. They have NO idea what "civilian policing" is supposed to be....and always was. They must get basic training like the marines do now!

WC
02-28-2016, 02:44 AM
I remember watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Old Marlin Perkins and Jim Fowler could capture just about any dangerous animal by simply throwing a net over them and wrestling control. Some of those animals were armed to their teeth such as crocodiles. There was no need to kill the animals as they were important and had a purpose.
http://www.wildkingdom.com/about

I never have understood why the answer to capturing a person is to fill them with bullets and mop up the mess. This guy could have had a net thrown over him but he did not have enough value to the cops. Marlin could have captured him alone.
02-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Civilian police officers are expected to, and used to be taught to, handle the situation with the minimum of force necessary! The military forces are taught to handle situations by killing everyone in sight, two vastly different missions yet the difference between the two groups has become almost indistinguishable today.

A major cause of all of this is the "us vs them" mentality. This comes in part from the para military training that most of them get today. In many cases SWAT instructors are former MILITARY officers. Even street cops are now seen with equipment and dress that reminds one of the army immediately. The more the police are criticized the more they circle the wagons and insulate themselves from criticism!

Just for a quick local example: The standare Maine state police uniform, for many years, was the blue uniform with striped pants and dress shoes. Today many officers are seen in high military style boots with pants tucked down, as soldiers wear. Others like the truck cops wear a "coverall" type uniform with similar boots. Some even wear a "fatigue" style of uniform. These are all "minor things but they indicate the rapidly changing mindset of just who THEY are and what THEIR mission really is. I have been concerned for a decade about the rapid "militarization" of civilian police all across the country. Events like the one in the video are now commonplace!

Here are seven reasons why we are where we are:

1. Many departments don’t provide adequate training in nonviolent solutions.

2. Standards for what constitutes brutality vary widely.

3. Consequences for misconduct are minimal.

4. Settlements are shifted to taxpayers.

5. Minorities are unfairly targeted.

6. Police are increasingly militarized.

7. Police themselves say misconduct is remarkably widespread.

Explanations of these seven reasons are in this article from the American Conservative

On the old AMG Tom C, Mike G and I, and a few others used to broach this topic often.

The major defender of the cops was of course Bruce Libby. Once a government employee, always a defender. I have a family member who works for them and know just how this works! "Us vs Them" pervades the government employee ranks!

WC
03-06-2016, 04:13 PM
(02-27-2016 06:31 PM)Mike G Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5JF6Wqz8vU
Gangbanged by Cops. Totally unnecessary. Totally
09-21-2016, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 01:54 PM by Mike G.)
https://www.rt.com/usa/360133-sacramento...ting-mann/

and another

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/09/.../21475599/
10-02-2016, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 07:24 AM by Ralph Coffman.)
- Cops put hoods up to block dash cam -
10-02-2016, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 09:36 AM by woodcanoe.)
This will NOT stop until police officers are held PERSONALLY responsible for their actions.

Usually, in this sort of case, if the cop was found to have screwed up, the department's (or city's) insurer will pay the damgages. This way the cop learned that his act cost him NOTHING!

They should be held accountable as an idivdual, just like any of us would if we shot someone in self-defense!

This woman, and probably thousands of other officers across the nation should NOT be allowed to carry a gun as they are too poorly trained to know WHEN to use it and more importantly when NOT to use it.

Civilian leo's are not the army, despite what a lot of them think. Their mission is to solve the problem with the least amount of force needed.

Why should people, just because they work for "government" be basically "indemnified" against being held personally accountable for their actions, when they screw up?

They shouldn't!

WC