Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ammo shortage
04-05-2017, 09:35 AM
RE: Ammo shortage
I remember it was around the time that something was up with the Chinese and Clinton involving "silent submarine technology", silent propeller design and the equipment to manufacture those prropellers. One can only imagine what that deal looked like and who got what.

After a defeat to establish more stringent federal gun control, I remember seeing a video of a California senator (I think it was Feinstein) saying something to the effect "you can keep your assult rifles and your high capacity magazines, but good luck finding ammo". I searched for that video many times afterwards and cannot find it. Since then, we have no lead smelters, ammo is expensive and hard to find. Since the Internet is scrubbed for political purposes, it is not hard to imagine that steps have been taken to regulate the supply of ammo outside of free market principles of supply and demand.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Midway has sales of ammo. You need to be fast because the amount available is often sold out within minutes of the bulletin. Get on their mailing list and you can have a chance to buy ammo of many kinds. Today's special is razor core for the AR-15. It is highly accurate and a great varmint round.
04-11-2017, 06:30 PM
There was an explosion at Lake City arsenal today. One killed and three known injured. Don't know how much capacity has been lost or for how long.