Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ammo shortage
12-20-2013, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2013 12:17 AM by Mike G.)
Ammo shortage
22 lr appearing on shelves and online the new normal is about 10 cents a round including shipping or profit
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: Ammo shortage
I've notice more and more shelves bearing fruit in the ammo section of Walmart.

223 especially.

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
12-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Local hardware store was well stocked when I stopped in yesterday.
12-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Did anyone see the report that our military is switching from lead to water guns (or whatever "green" ammo is - maybe dried peas) LOL?

ₒₒₒₒ ©(¯õ¿õ¯)® ₒₒₒₒ
Breitbart was here
Veritas vos liberabit
12-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Dried peas?

Wouldn't that lead to whorled peas and negate the need for ammo?

12-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Now that is funny.

I've passed up many opportunities to buy whatever previously was considered exorbitant prices, but at some point reality sets in. If you are going to give a Christmas gift of a brick to your son, where does the 5 cent limit apply?

If you have an unusual caliber, when do you think the price will come down?

Unusual could just be a 32 special, a 7 m/m mauser, a 338 win mag, all those calibers are long off the list of getting a run in the immediate future, we are talking stock in some warehouse.
12-21-2013, 03:03 PM
The new high cost of .22LR is going to hurt the Junior Rifle program in Maine. A couple of years ago the 2 cases of ammo our club needed to do one years program cost us less that $450. This year we paid $975 for two cases and we were happy to find two cases.
This rumor of the EPA banning all lead bullets is just another Administration way of tightening the screws on gun owners. Slowly but surely gun ownership is being taken away bit by bit. Like the frog in the pan of water over the flame, before gun owners are aware of it we will be neutered.
12-22-2013, 09:33 AM
The last lead smelter in our country shuts down next week. The EPA said they had to cut their emissions by 90% after they had already cut their emissions to a very low level. It's intentional. Look for restrictions on powder and primers next.

I am the state coordinator for Project Appleseed. We teach just two things; history and marksmanship. The two are closely related. In the course of a year I see a LOT of rounds go down range. At our local WalMart the same dozen men are there every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday when the doors open. They run to the back and buy all the .22 ammo in less than a minute. The store limits them to three boxes. I recently bought three boxes of bulk Winchester at 300 rounds per box. I was happy to get them.

Anybody who comes to an Appleseed weekend will learn the true events of what happened at Lexington and Concord on April 19, 1775 and why they happened. We also teach marksmanship. Our goal is for a shooter to be able to take a rack grade military surplus rifle and with just three sighter rounds be able to hit a 20 inch square target at 500 yards. It can be done. In a prior life I competed at 1,000 yards.

Political candidates are taking notice and attending our events. What happened on April 19, 1775 had never happened in the world before or since. It makes no difference whether a citizen is an experienced match rifle shooter or a complete novice who buys a Ruger 10/22 at WalMart on the way to a shoot. That person will come away a better and safer shooter with a renewed sense of pride in our heritage.

I would be happy to bring our message to any group. It doesn't have to be at a fish and game club. It can be at a library, church or civic organization. Our object is to wake up sleeping Americans, get them to turn off the TV, get off the couch and contribute something to our nation as a citizen.
12-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately, Roger, you are correct about where our nation is headed; down the tube. We have created a nation of idiots. Most have their hands out in one form or another and are unwilling to even listen to commonsense. They are more interested in the Voice and and their cell phones than they are in saving their nation. They want no part of government other than what it can give them. Most cannot even tell you who their state rep is or who is on their local board or council. They don't care, as long as they have what they want. It is texting and lattes that turns them on and to h*ll with any thought of civic responsibility. Our nation is doomed until these folks are gone.
12-22-2013, 02:51 PM
These people will never go away.
They will have to go through a transformation process.
That process will make the "great" depression seem like a cakewalk.
But a necessary process, nevertheless.