Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Raising Beef
08-24-2017, 04:39 PM
RE: Raising Beef
I am 2/3 through my 2nd crop and looks like I should be done in a couple of weeks. First crop was down 20% from normal and 2nd crop is so short that I haven't bothered to see where I am compared to average. Wet late start getting 1st crop cut then drought for 2nd. Who would have thought? I will be glad to be done and working on everything else that needs to be completed before winter.

Those two Dutch belt cross cows I traded for my truck for finally calved. I have two good moms with wicked big bags and two all black bull calves born August 8th and 21st. They have big front legs and shoulders and look enough alike to have the same black daddy, probably Angus. The calves should grow fast and big on all that sweet milk. Anyway, I guess I will try and sell them all this fall if I can.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2017, 12:39 PM
RE: Raising Beef
Today I traded the 2 cows and calves for a Kuhn pto driven rake. I was down to one rake and need a backup because you don't want to be without a rake when its time to bale. When it's all said and done, I ended up getting a needed rake for an unneeded truck and some pasture time. Works for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply