Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Book: Public Private Relationships and teh New Owners of the Means of Production
02-21-2016, 10:46 PM
RE: New Book: Public Private Relationships and teh New Owners of the Means of Production
Come on Jasper, better suited for AMG
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: New Book: Public Private Relationships and teh New Owners of the Means of Production
What's the ISBN number for the book?
06-24-2016, 12:58 PM
New Book Public Private Relationships and the New Owners of the Means of Production
(05-04-2016 05:45 PM)Roger Ek Wrote:  What's the ISBN number for the book?

I do not have a ISNB number yet. I dropped IUniverse, which was supposed to set all of that up, because they wanted me to gut the content of my book claiming that their corporate rules require that I have permission to quote from government documents, which I provided even though government documents are not protected and do not require permission (providing the federal law that says so) but IUniverse did not acknowledge the permission provided.
My Experience with IUniverse. I could see they would do me more harm than good so I left.

I then sent my manuscript to publishers that came up on a search for political publishers. One responded immediately saying the concept is intriguing. I sent the manuscript and he wanted to talk but then I realized he is also a self publishing company and I do not have the funds now. I told him that but eventually we talked any way. He is the only person to date who has read my book and so my one and only review is that it is well researched and well written. He eventually sent me an estimate but I need to do a crowd sourcing project if I am going to be able to afford it.

Before I can do the crowd sourcing project I need to gather pledges for the first day. If the project does not start with a healthy show of support it will unlikely succeed and so there is no point in starting a project without pledges lined up.

Beacon Crowdfunding For Journalists then required that I not use a swastika in my image. I think that is inappropriate but I obliged and created a new cover which was accepted.

I made my down load for free but no one downloads it in Maine. I got my first download yesterday- out of state. Perhaps if I set the ibsn number up myself and published on Amazon I would get some downloads.

So I submitted a press release to The Boothbay Register and some other places. The Boothbay Register did not publish it- Maybe next week but my expectations were never high that the Register would publish such a press release. I wrote to The Pine Tree Watch Dog, A Maine Constitutional Group , and the Maine People's Alliance and some of the towns that are covered in the book. all responded in unison with stone cold silence. No downloads !I have united the disparate factions of Maine!

You can download my manuscript for free at http://americanpoliticalphilosophy.blogspot.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2016, 04:55 AM
The Register most likely will not publish in light of the hostile takeover by the "public/private" redevelopment of the Common area, IMO. Hard to get the other side of the issue out there
06-25-2016, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2016 12:54 PM by Underminer.)
Maybe nobody's downloading your book because of the rampant typos, which often drives readers nuts. Or, it could be because what you write is incomprehensible gobbledygook.
06-25-2016, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2016 01:40 PM by Mackenzie Andersen.)
(06-25-2016 04:55 AM)Islander Wrote:  The Register most likely will not publish in light of the hostile takeover by the "public/private" redevelopment of the Common area, IMO. Hard to get the other side of the issue out there

I do not have big expectations that the Register would publish it but one submits it any way.

What public private redevelopment are you referencing?

(06-25-2016 12:54 PM)Underminer Wrote:  Maybe nobody's downloading your book because of the rampant typos, which often drives readers nuts. Or, it could be because what you write is incomprehensible gobbledygook.

What a ridiculous comment. If someone was refusing to download my book for that reason they would have to download it first in order to not download it by reason of their pre-concluded conclusion.

If you would like to go over my manuscript gleaning for typos be my guest if that is what motivates you to read it!I don't have the funds to hire someone and i am sure it will bring you great joy to find a mistake. Image the thrill of it? How can you resist?

I have news for you.

I am a working person. Editing and checking things over is a time consuming task and I stole every minute spent on this book from other things I should be doing. Why would you make such a stupid assumption that a person would not
spend time checking for typos editing and what not for a book just because I am not independently wealthy enough to invest my time doing the same for an online debate?

How stupid is that? Please do not dodge my question! I want an answer! NOW!
06-25-2016, 02:11 PM
I am talking about how one private citizen is attempting to put a roundabout in at his expense, along with the State.
06-26-2016, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2016 01:18 PM by Mackenzie Andersen.)
(06-25-2016 02:11 PM)Islander Wrote:  I am talking about how one private citizen is attempting to put a roundabout in at his expense, along with the State.

I am talking about public private relationships in which the public is capitalizing the private ownership of industry and it is sold to the public as "job creation" by a Legislature which no longer serves the common good but instead serves special interests. The state even has ownership of intellectual property rights.

I don't know what the state's role is in round about deal because I haven't been following it that closely. If the round about is a public road and the private owner wants it and is willing to pay for it or even part of it, that does not sound like exploitation of public funds. The issue is whether the town wants the round about. I have heard of it but don't know the details. I am fine with a private business using their own money to capitalize their own business.

In public private relationships the state distributes public money to capitalize the lion's share of the private ownership of industry. This was the case with the "Jobs for Me" Bill sold in the media as a job training bill. Only twenty five percent was budgeted for job training- 65% to purchase equipment and 10% to hire a manager. Job training is already being covered by the taxpayer by the combined effect of Pine Tree Zone tax incentives and refundable tax credits. The Jobs for Me bill was probably created to finance the "Quality Centers" which the state has set up where the state purchases the equipment and sets up the facilities and invites startups to come on over and use the communal space.

In the statutes it says all facilities have a relationship with the university system. The University of Maine has a rights to intellectual property claim which covers the entire university system. It is written at first glance as if it governs only those employed by the University but thrown in with no special heading it says it also applies to students and other non-compensated individuals who use the facilities more than the University deems acceptable. There are no standards of acceptable time usage of these publicly funded facilities- it is just what ever the University decides. This is pure communist philosophy. It is based on purchasing the material means of production and then using the ownership of production to claim ownership over intellectual property.

The communal spaces are governed by the Universities claim to ownership of intellectual property rights based on usage of publicly owned equipment- except that it is just not publicly owned- it is owned by a public-private hegemony which is financing their ownership on the taxpayers dime. The media writes about it as if the private sector is throwing in some money as good Samaritans but the Seed Capital Refundable Tax Credit refunds up to 60% of private investment and that is just part of the gift package for capitalists the Legislature has devised. The media never mentions that after the private capitalists invest money in the public-private ownership of the means of production, that the tax payers will refund to the private capitalist the lion's share of the investment made.

I wish there were as much public outrage over what is going on in public private relationships arranged by our legislature as there is over local private wealth investing its own money. The public has no idea what is going on.

Do you know there is a region of municipalities in Maine which the state chartered as a development corporation. In those municipalities property taxes have to cover the development corporation's debts. I was shocked when I learned about it. That is called fascism- as defined in Mussolini's Doctrine of Fascism.
07-04-2016, 07:48 AM
How are sales going, Mac?
08-10-2016, 10:00 AM
There is a new study by the Sunlight Foundation on dark money in politics which includes Maine as one of the six states studied,

I have only read the introduction so far, which makes the point that the starting point in understanding how this works is not the national elections but the most local level.

It is easy for dark money to be involved in Maine because every corproation chartered by our Legislature includes authority to collect money from ANY source.

Steve Mistler wrote about how this occurred in the Cate Street Scandal:

Payments flowed in attempt to create tax credit program

Here is where you can read and download the Sunlight Foundation research