Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quimby/StClair threaten "knock-down, drag-out fight " to impose Federal park takeover
02-14-2016, 06:28 AM
RE: Quimby/StClair threaten "knock-down, drag-out fight " to impose Federal park takeover
Baldacci would have had the ribbon cutting already
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: Quimby/StClair threaten "knock-down, drag-out fight " to impose Federal park takeover
Baldacci promised to build a bridge across dry brook to open up the trail to Matagamon from Staceyville on the west side of The East Branch of the Penobscot. He never did it. I am very pleased to see Gov. LePage opening up Roxanne's gate to repair the site where she removed a bridge. I hope the other 57 landowners inside Roxanne's imaginary park will do the same. Rights of way mean things. There is no such thing as a landlocked lot in Maine.
02-15-2016, 08:44 PM
Dry Brook is on the east side of the East branch. Some other brook, perhaps, but I wonder......will this open the trail to snowmobiles into the public lots?

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
03-13-2016, 08:41 AM
I just looked it up. Baldacci's bridge was across Wassataquoik Stream on state land in T3R7 west of Stacyville.
03-13-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: Quimby/StClair threaten "knock-down, drag-out fight " to impose Federal ...
(03-13-2016 08:41 AM)Roger Ek Wrote:  I just looked it up. Baldacci's bridge was across Wassataquoik Stream on state land in T3R7 west of Stacyville.

If you're looking at the area I'm thinking of, where the road/trail crosses the river then loops back on itself, that bridge was built in the 50's. It was not Baldacci's.
03-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Correct on the 1950s. The bridge was washed out on one end and was unsafe for the groomer and other vehicles. Last I knew it had not been repaired as Baldacchi promised.
03-13-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Quimby/StClair threaten "knock-down, drag-out fight " to impose Federal ...
(03-13-2016 12:10 PM)Roger Ek Wrote:  Correct on the 1950s. The bridge was washed out on one end and was unsafe for the groomer and other vehicles. Last I knew it had not been repaired as Baldacchi promised.

No, that's not the bridge I'm thinking of. There was no snowmobile trail groomed over it.
05-21-2016, 07:16 AM
When you are defeated, and become refugees in your own land, emotions are strong. There are many old roads that go through Roxanne's imaginary park. She has ditched them so no vehicle can pass. Guess what, Roxanne. A fire truck cannot jump a ditch. The spruce budworm is back. When you have thousands of acres of standing deadwood, Great Northern is not going to help you put the fire out.
05-21-2016, 12:10 PM
And neither will the local populace, as they have in the past.
Let them have their "natural" wilderness.

Is it considered a conspiracy if they really are after you?Huh
05-22-2016, 11:09 AM
There is a law in Maine against introducing invasive species into Maine. Think about that.