Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The War on Cash
04-06-2016, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2016 05:14 AM by Islander.)
RE: The War on Cash
Just tightening the screws on the peasants. It will be a plus to be good with your hands, get ready to barter with anything you can.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2016, 09:05 PM
We deal with a small federal credit union mostly because it is mainly a home town operation....like most all Maine banks were back in the 1950's and 60's. The people that we deal with there are folks that we live with and see every day. Compared to TD Banknorth and Camden National now, it is a fresh breeze of wind.

When we went to set up a personal checking acct and small (very! And only because it is required) savings acct. One of the questions i asked them before signing on would be if they would cash checks for me as I am paid that way often and like to convert quite a bit of it into cash. They assured me they would do that, which is nice. No waiting unless it is some foreign check maybe.

But.......when I go in to cash a check and put the cash in my pocket, they want my account number and enter that into the teller machine. When finished I get a nice pile of cash....plus a register receipt with my name on it, acct # and.....how much cash I was given.

This is all recorded electronically so in effect, even though they gave me cash, the amount given to me is "trackable" by anyone who wants to look at the bank's records.

Just another little tug on the noose. For sure those in DC, and probably Augusta, would like nothing better than to know EXACTLY how much money we have in cash, at any given moment.

Big brother is watching for very sure now!

We barter and trade as much as we reasonably can and that seems to be a growing cottage industry in these parts.

Try that in Portland!

WC
04-06-2016, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2016 09:38 PM by Mike G.)
I hope there will be a firm resistance against the governments need to kill cash, against the tattoo and numbering all of us, considering the numbers of tattooed young pups out there, one wonders if they can comprehend how sliding an EBT, debit, credit card into a slot is quite a bit different than doing the labor to put cash in your hand and the freedom to do with that as you wish compares. The dea that cash for work needs to have government breathing down your neck is appealing for bureaucrats, but not for us, grown up nicely just for the slaughter, we "baa" nicely

It is, as so many point out, that it has all to do with incorporating all of us into the collective, once there, you are just that.

Let us watch it closely, keep your cash gold and guns close at hand .
05-03-2016, 10:48 AM
http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold...+Fulp&mk=1

In today's musing, I review the history of gold, silver, and fiat currency as money in the United States of America. I document how various wars, panics and depressions, Congressional acts, and executive orders have affected the US dollar prices of precious metals and resulting gold-silver ratios.

This musing covers the period from 1792 when the United States government first established a national currency backed by gold and silver until August 1971 when Nixon floated the US dollar against gold and world currencies.
05-04-2016, 06:21 AM
Down on the place I used to own in Deer Isle were some ancient "indian shell piles" on the shore. These were th places where the ancient people discarded those things they no longer wanted. My wife has a vast collection of arrowheads and pieces of pottery. It is fascinating stuff.

I think we could go through that pile and find some "wampum" which will likely be worth more than "yellen-bucks" one of these days.

Uncle Sugar would just love it if the only money was "traceable plastc" and a dollar was worth just what he said it was on any single day. DC has controlled this system for way too long, now they will destroy it as some of are much smarter than those "fools" in DC.

WC
11-16-2016, 09:47 PM
http://www.thedailybell.com/news-analysi...-now-gold/

If everyone’s cash is controlled, further technocratic globalization of society on a worldwide scale becomes increasingly feasible.

The ongoing implementation of a global cash ban has taken on increased urgency because of growing negative interest rates worldwide. People don’t want to pay banks to hold their cash and are thus withdrawing it. The solution? Ban cash outright.
11-17-2016, 07:04 PM
Us deplorables will just come up with another means of paying for things if this BS goes down.

We already do lots of barter and trade, as you can do in the more rural (deplorable) parts of the nation. We also create most of the food that is consumed in the country, that's not imported from China and other places. We also are quite willing to accept responsibility for us and our families and know how to be prepared for whatever.

Those in the cities are helpless without MONEY! There may well be a day when the ATM's don't work,and nobody in urban America can buy anything. That would be very interesting.

Us "deplorables" also own about 98% of the estimated 300 to 350 million guns in civilian hands. Actually I think that number is very low as more guns are being produced right now than at any other time in our history.

They can take away the cash, and do anything else they can in order to be able to CONTROL us but, as Mike Vanderboegh, of the Sipsey St Irregulars (which Bruce Libby hates btw) had a line he used to use often, to make a point: ........"When tyranny reigns the armed citizen still gets to vote".

The leftists have not thought very much about all of that methinks.

WC
11-19-2016, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2016 07:01 AM by Roger Ek.)
India is doing away with cash. They are simply confiscating it and issuing credit cards. Those who understand fiat money know what it is worth. The very poor in India are being issued government cards like our EBT cards. People with savings accounts are being allowed to withdraw a maximum of $35 a day.

Meanwhile, in Germany, Germans are getting tired of bailing out Greece. In the EU, every country's debt is dependent on less prosperous countries' spending habits. This is the cause of Brexit. England does not want to bail out Europe.

Barack Hussein Obama began his presidency with an apology tour. He is ending it with a victory tour to visit his best buddies. Angela Merkel is a lot like Barack. He was born to communist parents in a communist country, educated in communist schools and governs as a communist. She wants to bring a million Muslims into Germany to boost Germany's population because Germany has a low birth rate.

You can't make this stuff up.
12-07-2016, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 06:46 PM by Roger Ek.)
Venezuela used to have a currency on par with the USA and Canada. Venezuela's Bolivar is now worth $2.85 US. They are printing $20,000 Bolivar notes. Why? For the same reason that Germans were carrying money in wheelbarrows after WWI. Venezuela no longer exports oil because all the people who know how to get it out of the ground and move it to ships have left the country.
12-07-2016, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 10:03 PM by Mike G.)
https://www.nestmann.com/carrying-cash-b...to-lose-it

The war on cash is coming to America, how long who knows

From the Trends journal:

It’s clear: Your privacy will be lost.

Without hard cash, every digital purchase logged is subject to taxes, fees and penalties. Owe back taxes? Overdrawn on your account? Had a lien filed against you? Forgot a mortgage payment? In a cashless society, government or big banks can more easily take your money without resistance or due process. And in doing so, those entities will have an entirely new cache of information about you.

Despite those obvious and formidable risks, there is no substantial anti-digital-currency movement.

In developed nations, the only measurable obstacles to digital currency’s fast track are segments of poor people and very small, cash-only businesses. They rely more heavily on cash because they don’t have credit cards and maybe not even bank accounts. They’ll find the transition harder, but unavoidable.

Already, companies and technologies are emerging to target these groups.

TREND FORECAST: While the complete transition to a cashless world will take a decade or more to complete, digital transactions will become more dominant in 2017. Technologies and companies that accelerate and facilitate digital currencies will grow in demand.

And privacy concerns will grow as well.

In this new cashless society, financial and even governmental institutions – not you – have custody of your cash. Every purchase you make, and where and when, draw a profile over time of your preferences, habits, needs and interests.

The cashless movement, which empowers corporate giants and accelerates government control over your money and privacy, continues unabated.

Bet your bottom dollar – or your digital dollar – on this: The transition to a cashless society in the US and across the Western world, as well as much of the world, is cemented.

And what happens when the power goes out